2022 Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver
This topic is 736 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last year there were some who would not travel, but it seemed to me that the snowbirds were here in force. This year I think there are twice as many people as last year! The stores are jammed and the streets are full. I felt like I was in LA driving this morning.

So, if you are coming in April, get a parking spot!

Not to steer the topic off the subject; but I’m pushing to be attending something next weekend in Florida that’s somewhat similar to the Palm Springs event; except it’s more geared towards the gay rodeo. 2-3 days event. 

That said, I might be willing to make an appearance considering I’ve not attended 2020 or 2021. It’s generally been a biennial/triennial thing for me. But considering today was a wind chill of 30 and snow started to sprinkle, any place with palm 🌴 and Spring ☀️ sounds nice right about now

On 8/26/2021 at 9:46 PM, jeezifonly said:

Living in SoCal for 40 yrs, and still never been to any of the gay nude resorts. 

image.gif.f7e6429942a47044e0ecaa1dbbdc75c2.gif

I don’t have the balls.

Go ahead and book anyways even if you don’t think you have the balls… Don’t worry, minutes within checking into your room and settling in near the pool, some one will help you find them~ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With any luck, I will be attending Oliver's Palm Springs Weekend again this year. I had planned to book again at Indulge, however, they have no single room availability, and their prices while never low have gone up alarmingly. So, back to Canyon Club for $167 per night for a poolside room, as opposed to $338 per night at Indulge which was full up anyway. Booked 4 nights. Hope all goes well until April. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

1 hour ago, pdxleo said:

Was able to cash in flyer mileage for all my air travel for April- combining the Weekend with a family function in Riverside - but a car seems to be about $90 per day, yikes! Might look into a Turo experience for the first time.

My experiences with Turo precovid we’re always very happy ones: clean reliable cars and easy pick up/drop off~ Never used it in P Springs but, LA, Phoenix, TX and the midwest 

16 hours ago, menaughty said:

I was checking tickets to Palm Springs from Dallas around the palm springs weekend time and My Gosh the tickets are more than $400. I don't get it why so expensive at that time.

It is peak season for Palm Springs in April, with many events scheduled.

17 hours ago, menaughty said:

I was checking tickets to Palm Springs from Dallas around the palm springs weekend time and My Gosh the tickets are more than $400. I don't get it why so expensive at that time.

Sometimes I've found the flight into Ontario ("ONT") to be significantly cheaper than flying into Palm Springs.  It is about an hour's drive from ONT to PSP.  

3 hours ago, sam.fitzpatrick said:

Sometimes I've found the flight into Ontario ("ONT") to be significantly cheaper than flying into Palm Springs.  It is about an hour's drive from ONT to PSP.  

The problem with flying into ONT is that the extra expense for renting a car to get back and forth to PS (there is no other option) pretty much negates whatever you save on the flight.

On 12/31/2021 at 11:08 PM, Tygerscent said:

My experiences with Turo precovid we’re always very happy ones: clean reliable cars and easy pick up/drop off~ Never used it in P Springs but, LA, Phoenix, TX and the midwest 

I love Turo. Cars are typically cheaper than with traditional rental agencies especially for the more swanky cars. One time my family and I had to travel to San Diego. It was actually cheaper to fly to LA, rent a car on Turo and drive down even considering we rented a Tesla.

On 12/31/2021 at 7:01 PM, pdxleo said:

Was able to cash in flyer mileage for all my air travel for April- combining the Weekend with a family function in Riverside - but a car seems to be about $90 per day, yikes! Might look into a Turo experience for the first time.

I rented a car last time and spent hours learning to drive it. Was about $70 per day. This year I plan to exploit Lyft, the free trolly, and the fact that Ralph's delivers. Should work out much cheaper.