2022 Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver
This topic is 737 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Many of us have been out of school for a long time and wish to pass along a legacy of how your have a discussion without having an argument.  Simply, when one is speaking the other is blowing.  Granted that does give some incentive to the speaker to go on speaking, but it seemed to work out.  

Just booked at the Inndulge from Friday April 8, 2022 to Monday April 11th. It'll be my first time at the InnDulge so I'm curious to see what it's like.

Can't wait. I missed this year but now that I'm fully vaccinated (and I plan to get the booster shot) I hope I can do all the things (and people) I didn't do on my first time since I was only in PS for one day.

I haven’t stayed at either InnDulge or Canyon Club. I stayed at Vista Grande in 2019, but there weren’t any other participants staying there, although I was with a long-term provider that time. I’m not sure where to book for 2022. I know I’d better get on it!

1 hour ago, jeezifonly said:

Living in SoCal for 40 yrs, and still never been to any of the gay nude resorts. 

image.gif.f7e6429942a47044e0ecaa1dbbdc75c2.gif

I don’t have the balls.

Not for anything but when going to a gay male nude resort the getting nude part is really nothing.  Either people are going to look at you in admiration or they are not going to look at you at all.  So get over your self doubts and bring plenty of spf35 for the delicate parts.  

33 minutes ago, purplekow said:

Not for anything but when going to a gay male nude resort the getting nude part is really nothing.  Either people are going to look at you in admiration or they are not going to look at you at all.  So get over your self doubts and bring plenty of spf35 for the delicate parts.  

"they are not going to look at you at all" I can deal with.  It's the screams of horror that I'm worried about.

scared brigitte helm GIF

On 8/24/2021 at 9:38 PM, purplekow said:

Many of us have been out of school for a long time and wish to pass along a legacy of how your have a discussion without having an argument.  Simply, when one is speaking the other is blowing.  Granted that does give some incentive to the speaker to go on speaking, but it seemed to work out.  

I can only dream what it'd be like for me: I can imagine myself on the pool deck, stooped low on my knees, totally in my zone, blowing a very attractive appendage while he continues to talk about politics or sports (maybe even religion) to another attractive man sitting near him. Random party goers walking around the pool deck, taking their glimpse of me doing my best to please. Every now and then, the man who's name I don't even know, but I'm happily serving, will take a leisurely and nonchalant peep down at me, gesturing with his eyes of slight approval, I take the opportunity to look up and stare into his eyes only for a couple of seconds communicating to him with my eyes that I will continue for as long as I can and do as best I can to please him; and just like that ... he turns away abruptly to continue his discussion.

Well dcsmlxl here is a quick recap of the weekends events.  Most participants arrive in Palm Springs on either Thursday or Friday.  In the past DavidSF has hosted, on Friday, an afternoon gathering/pool party at his home.  He supplies refreshments and it is all very relaxed.  On Saturday late afternoon (early evening) there is a no host dinner at a local restaurant.  In the past the event as been held at Trio.  Cost is about $50.00 per person and includes: choice of two or three starters, choice of three or four entrees and choice of two or three desserts.  Wine and tip are also included.  On Sunday afternoon there has been a pool event held at Oliver's condo.  Lots of food, soft drinks, bottled water, and beer are also provided.  This is a hosted event so there is no charge for those attending.  The only thing participants bring is anything special they want to drink.  In the past there has been a dinner, at a local Mexican restaurant, after the pool party.  It is possible that this event will not take place this year because there is so much food provided at the pool event that most people aren't hungry enough to warrant a dinner.  Under consideration, for this coming year, is a possible farewell breakfast Monday morning

I had such a good time this last year but not sure if I'll be able to make it this time. My plan is to make a big European trip next spring with a friend of mine. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be able to happen with COVID uncertainty.

If it doesn't work out, I'll try to get back to Palm Springs. I really enjoyed hanging with all of you gentlemen last year and would love to do the same. :)

I had such a great time attending my first event this year.  Like Keroscenefire, though, I have a European trip planned for next July, so I'm not sure PS in April is in the cards for me next year.  Will sit down and scrutinize the budget and hopefully can crunch the numbers in a way that will make it feasible.  I'd love to attend again!

22 minutes ago, youngboldone said:

I had such a great time attending my first event this year.  Like Keroscenefire, though, I have a European trip planned for next July, so I'm not sure PS in April is in the cards for me next year.  Will sit down and scrutinize the budget and hopefully can crunch the numbers in a way that will make it feasible.  I'd love to attend again!

Far be it for me to suggest what others do with their money, but fun is more difficult to come by as you get older and if you need to take a small financial hit to have a great time, there are ways of doing both.  In such circumstances I usually ask myself if I am going to die with more money in the bank than the amount I am going to spend.  If the question seems ridiculously easy to answer, I have my answer.  As a result, I have a lot more fun and little less money and a ton more in the way of happy memories.  

I MUST correct a piece of misinformation that I posted here.  In Palm Springs one MUST show proof of vaccination ONLY if one want to eat indoors.  There is NO requirement to show proof of vaccination for eating outdoors.  Nearly all Palm Springs restaurants have outdoor dinning available.  Now if one wants to go to an indoor bar or nightclub proof of vaccination MUST indeed be shown. 

I really don't see things tightening up in the future.  If anything I see them loosening up.  People are generally tired of all these restrictions.  Even if the governor avoids recall, which I think he will, he will still be standing for reelection in a year and he is aware that he needs to tread softly on this issue if he wants a second four year term.  My guess is that by the time the Palm Springs Weekend rolls around there won't be any restaurant, bar, or nightclub restrictions. 

Edited by Epigonos

28 minutes ago, jetlow said:

Newbie here. Is there a preferred place to stay? Or will I be out of touch if I stay at one of the non adult places?

the two most popular places for forum members to stay for this weekend event are Inndulge and Canyon Club......both are clothing-optional......

Inndulge is in the Warm Sands neighborhood, an area of several gay-oriented lodgings, usually converted apartment complexes.....rates here are almost twice as much as Canyon Club, but it's better equipped and maintained and will have more forum members hanging around.....Canyon Club is a bit more 'rustic', but is walkable to the downtown dinner event and will also have forum members sitting around the pool.....both include some semblance of a comp breakfast......

yes, you'll be a bit out of touch if you stay at a mainstream golf resort or similar in the greater area....but you can get a day pass (I think?) for these two places and hang out with the forum members by the pool during the afternoon........

Edited by azdr0710

Jetlow most attendees stay at either the Canyon Club or INNdulge and thus those who do not have a car find it easy to get rides to the various events. However, there are others who choose to stay at various non adult places.  Guys who do this have a greater need to have a car.  If you want to be in the thick of things I would suggest INNdulge.  It isn't as "rustic" and Canyon Club and not all guests indulge in clothing optional.

Edited by Epigonos