2022 Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver
This topic is 736 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have visited the Santiago Resort although I haven't stayed there.  It was originally build as a two story rectangular motel.  The two stories overlook a large pool.  There is minimum landscaping but it is nice.  At one end there is a well furnished breakfast area.  For me there are two major problems with the place:  1.) it is as expensive as The Hacienda at Warm Springs and in my opinion not nearly as attractive, and 2.) it is located a considerable distance from downtown Palm Springs and the various Palm Springs Weekend venues. 

13 hours ago, sam.fitzpatrick said:

Calling @nate_sf, have you stayted here before?

I stayed at Santiago in 2019, and had it booked for 2020 until it had to be canceled. I really liked it. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are really nice, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Guests were friendly for the most part, and action was to be found if you were looking for it.

This year I stayed at InnDulge because I wanted to be around other Forum members. I found that more fun, as I felt a bit alone at Santiago. Sure I met people there, but it's not the same as having people you know staying at the same resort.

If others are interested in Santiago I'd be game! In any case, I'd recommend it.

Edited by nate_sf

12 hours ago, sf westcoaster said:

Has anyone stayed at Santiago Resort? Was there any activity and were the guests friendly? Thinking of trying something different this year and would like to hear about your experience. 

My 1st visit to PS was at Santiago.  I like it.   Staff is friendly.   Guests are non-judgmental and laid back,  enjoying quiet relaxation by the pool.  I have talked to some interesting fellows there and did end up spending intimate moments with  another guest in his room.  One can reserve a bicycle that comes with a basket big enough for Toto. ( I am staying at The Hacienda so will probably bring my own bike. )  

Santiago has a semi secluded spot that one might interact at night  but in my experience guys take it to their room if sparks fly.  I find the grounds very nice, a great place to decompress.

Hacienda prefers no sex outside your room yet I did notice some oral action in a jacuzzi as a came in late one night.

I have only good things to say about both places.

12 hours ago, Antonio1981 said:

Has anyone stayed at the vista Grande resort? Hoping to find accommodations that mirror the Hacienda or Santiago, but they book very quickly. I’m a bit fussy with hotel rooms and appreciate comfort and cleanliness. 

I have. In 2019. I booked 4 nights in a king with a favorite provider. I don’t believe any other forum friends were there, but it’s quiet and well landscaped. The staff were lovely and we really were well taken care of. It’s also in the same neighborhood as the other popular sites, so getting a ride is no problem, even though we had a rental.

I first attended the Palm Springs weekend event in 2014.  The first couple of years, I stayed at locations where few if any other forum members stayed.  On my first three visit I stayed at East Canyon Hotel & Spa located on the north end of downtown.  I found this location gets considerably more wind than the resorts in the Warm Sands area.  I switched to Inndulge in 2017 and have continued staying at Inndulge.  I like staying where other forum members are for the conversation and camaraderie among other attendees.

In 2020, I have a reservation at Inndulge for a 4-night stay and cancelled after the 42-day cancellation period.  I thought I lost my entire 50% deposit.  Instead, Inndulge offered a future credit for half of my deposit.  Essentially, they offered credit for one night on a future reservation that I ended up using in 2021.  Of course, my airline gave me a total credit for a future flight due to covid restrictions.  I understand Inndulge is a small business with incredible busines obstacles due to covid. 

In the past, many attendees’ stay at either Canyon Club or Inndulge.  I know others have stayed at Santiago and the Hacienda at Warm Springs.  Room rates and cancellation policies vary from each property. Below are the cancellations policy:

Hotel

Required Reservation Deposit

Cancellation Policy

Canyon Club

One night deposit

Non-holiday – 72-hour notice

Holiday period – 7-day notice

Must call property to cancel

Minimum $15 cancellation fee

Inndulge

50% deposit required 42 days from arrival date

Cancel > 42 days from arrival date – no charge, deposit refunded.

Cancel < 42 days from arrival date – 50% deposit forfeited

May get future credit at property discretion.

Santiago Resort

One night deposit 

Non-holiday – 7-day notice – full refund

Holiday/Special Events – 14-day notice – full refund

The Hacienda at Warm Springs

No deposit required at time of reservation.  Authorization on credit card at 14 days or 30 days prior to arrival

Non-holiday – 14-day notice – no obligations

Holiday/Special Events – 30-day notice – no obligations

Both Inndulge and Santiago appear to be similar in terms of price and value ranging from $280-$350 night. The Hacienda at Warms Springs elevates the accommodations to a suite with beautiful furnishings and a top-notch low-key establishment ranging from $419-$509 per night.  The Canyon Club is a value-based establishment with rates ranging from $99-$174 per night.

One can find prior travelers’ comments along with candid pictures on Trip Advisor for each establishment.  In my experience, I find Trip Advisor reviews to be more likely than not, on target with my actual experience.  Below is a summary for Trip Advisor Reviews:

Hotel

# Of Reviews

% Excellent/Very good

% Poor/Terrible

Rank out of 38 Specialty Lodging

Canyon Club

72%

19%

Inndulge

94%

3%

Santiago

96%

1%

The Hacienda

99%

0%

The bottom-line is you get what you pay for. I hope this information helps others.  As previously stated, it’s a great opportunity to meet others who share similar interest.

Edited by jrhoutex
Correction on cancellation policy @ Inndulge

On 9/10/2021 at 10:32 AM, Epigonos said:

I MUST correct a piece of misinformation that I posted here.  In Palm Springs one MUST show proof of vaccination ONLY if one want to eat indoors.  There is NO requirement to show proof of vaccination for eating outdoors.  Nearly all Palm Springs restaurants have outdoor dinning available.  Now if one wants to go to an indoor bar or nightclub proof of vaccination MUST indeed be shown. 

I really don't see things tightening up in the future.  If anything I see them loosening up.  People are generally tired of all these restrictions.  Even if the governor avoids recall, which I think he will, he will still be standing for reelection in a year and he is aware that he needs to tread softly on this issue if he wants a second four year term.  My guess is that by the time the Palm Springs Weekend rolls around there won't be any restaurant, bar, or nightclub restrictions. 

The requirement for proof of vaccination for indoor dining and bars is actually a regulation imposed by the city of Palm Springs, not a state requirement. Neighboring cities in the Coachella Valley do not have the same requirements.

Hey folks, 

Just FYI, I reached out to Manager Jon at Inndulge to work out the use of my credit from my cancelled 2020 reservation and he did have a room available for me. He did mention the following, though. I told him that many of our group would also be in residence that weekend. It looks like it may be a colorful span of days at many of our favorite lodgings. 

"The reason we have sold so many rooms this far in advance (all suites and all Deluxe rooms) is that the "Rose Bowl" event at CCBC for earlier this month was cancelled, renamed "Spring Bloom", and rescheduled for the weekend of April 7th.  (It is a fisting fetish weekend that has become so popular that all the gay hotels fill-up with the overflow that can not be accomodated at CCBC). Although we will be sold out regardless (high season), that weekend will be fairly quiet around the pool as many guests will be going to the events at CCBC in the afternoon and again in the evening."

On 9/13/2021 at 11:33 AM, Romany147 said:

Hey folks, 

Just FYI, I reached out to Manager Jon at Inndulge to work out the use of my credit from my cancelled 2020 reservation and he did have a room available for me. He did mention the following, though. I told him that many of our group would also be in residence that weekend. It looks like it may be a colorful span of days at many of our favorite lodgings. 

"The reason we have sold so many rooms this far in advance (all suites and all Deluxe rooms) is that the "Rose Bowl" event at CCBC for earlier this month was cancelled, renamed "Spring Bloom", and rescheduled for the weekend of April 7th.  (It is a fisting fetish weekend that has become so popular that all the gay hotels fill-up with the overflow that can not be accomodated at CCBC). Although we will be sold out regardless (high season), that weekend will be fairly quiet around the pool as many guests will be going to the events at CCBC in the afternoon and again in the evening."

Fisting? Ouch!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @mike carey it looks like the Australian government will, sometime around November 1st, start letting Australians travel abroad.  Hope it is true and that you will thus be able to make the 2022 Weekend.  Here's keeping our fingers crossed. 

Edited by Epigonos
Changed Mike's name to a notification so he sees the post.

2 hours ago, Epigonos said:

Hey @mike carey it looks like the Australian government will, sometime around November 1st, start letting Australians travel abroad.  Hope it is true and that you will thus be able to make the 2022 Weekend.  Here's keeping our fingers crossed. 

Yep, I posted about this last night (Australia closed until late 2022 in the Travelling Members forum), but said there that I wasn't ready to book any travel until it was clear how it would work in practice. I'm suspicious that there will be hidden obstacles. But I'm hopeful, and I might move sooner rather than later because I know INNdulge is booking fast and, as I mentioned elsewhere a few weeks back, I've seen a good JAL J class fare on Amex travel.

On 9/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, jrhoutex said:

I first attended the Palm Springs weekend event in 2014.  The first couple of years, I stayed at locations where few if any other forum members stayed.  On my first three visit I stayed at East Canyon Hotel & Spa located on the north end of downtown.  I found this location gets considerably more wind than the resorts in the Warm Sands area.  I switched to Inndulge in 2017 and have continued staying at Inndulge.  I like staying where other forum members are for the conversation and camaraderie among other attendees.

In 2020, I have a reservation at Inndulge for a 4-night stay and cancelled after the 42-day cancellation period.  I thought I lost my entire 50% deposit.  Instead, Inndulge offered a future credit for half of my deposit.  Essentially, they offered credit for one night on a future reservation that I ended up using in 2021.  Of course, my airline gave me a total credit for a future flight due to covid restrictions.  I understand Inndulge is a small business with incredible busines obstacles due to covid. 

In the past, many attendees’ stay at either Canyon Club or Inndulge.  I know others have stayed at Santiago and the Hacienda at Warm Springs.  Room rates and cancellation policies vary from each property. Below are the cancellations policy:

Hotel

Required Reservation Deposit

Cancellation Policy

Canyon Club

One night deposit

Non-holiday – 72-hour notice

Holiday period – 7-day notice

Must call property to cancel

Minimum $15 cancellation fee

Inndulge

50% deposit required 42 days from arrival date

Cancel < 42 days from arrival date – no charge, deposit refunded.

Cancel >42 days from arrival date – 50% deposit forfeited

May get future credit at property discretion.

Santiago Resort

One night deposit 

Non-holiday – 7-day notice – full refund

Holiday/Special Events – 14-day notice – full refund

The Hacienda at Warm Springs

No deposit required at time of reservation.  Authorization on credit card at 14 days or 30 days prior to arrival

Non-holiday – 14-day notice – no obligations

Holiday/Special Events – 30-day notice – no obligations

Both Inndulge and Santiago appear to be similar in terms of price and value ranging from $280-$350 night. The Hacienda at Warms Springs elevates the accommodations to a suite with beautiful furnishings and a top-notch low-key establishment ranging from $419-$509 per night.  The Canyon Club is a value-based establishment with rates ranging from $99-$174 per night.

One can find prior travelers’ comments along with candid pictures on Trip Advisor for each establishment.  In my experience, I find Trip Advisor reviews to be more likely than not, on target with my actual experience.  Below is a summary for Trip Advisor Reviews:

Hotel

# Of Reviews

% Excellent/Very good

% Poor/Terrible

Rank out of 38 Specialty Lodging

Canyon Club

72%

19%

Inndulge

94%

3%

Santiago

96%

1%

The Hacienda

99%

0%

The bottom-line is you get what you pay for. I hope this information helps others.  As previously stated, it’s a great opportunity to meet others who share similar interest.

I believe you reversed the time limits for cancellation policy at INNdulge; <42 days should be 50% deposit forfeited, >42 days total deposit refunded.

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

I believe you reversed the time limits for cancellation policy at INNdulge; <42 days should be 50% deposit forfeited, >42 days total deposit refunded.

Thanks @Luv2play - you are correct.  I made a typo in the cancellation policy.  I've made the correction via en edit.

On 9/12/2021 at 8:52 AM, sf westcoaster said:

Thanks to all who have provided info on Santiago - currently I have reservations at Santiago and INNdulge and will make my decision within the next two weeks. 

What did you decide?