Gas Prices In Your Area

Lucky

On 8/7/2021 at 9:48 AM, Charlie said:

I was in Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, a few days ago, and I took a photo of the prices there; 91 premium (I drive an M-B) was $4.99, which I thought was laughable. The next day I stopped for gas in Salinas in the San Joaquin valley, where I expected it to be cheaper; premium was $5.20/gal.

Washington state: $3.69 to $4.69

Oregon: $2.97 to $3.49

Wisconsin: $3.04 to $3.40

Minnisota: $3.12 to $3.70

Michigan: $3.40

update: Washington State and Oregon went up to $5.00 and $6.00~ 
 I’ve got a hybrid. So, not feeling the prices as much as those massive tank fuel hogs out there~ 

Edited by Tygerscent

5 hours ago, Rudynate said:

I haven't been paying attention because I haven't been driving much since my hip surgery.  I just googled it and found that the average gas price in San Francisco at the end of last month was 5.05.  Gas prices in San Francisco are always scandalous.

Especially that little station on market and castro~ Always an ouch there 

3 minutes ago, Tygerscent said:

That’s a fun place to people watch~ It’s like a magnet for fascinating, colorful people~ Like where the Adriatic meets the Ionian Sea… A beautiful and curious mix of waters~ 

True - always has been, especially way back pre-AIDS

7 hours ago, Rudynate said:

I haven't been paying attention because I haven't been driving much since my hip surgery.  I just googled it and found that the average gas price in San Francisco at the end of last month was 5.05.  Gas prices in San Francisco are always scandalous.

The few times I visited San Francisco decades ago, I had rental cars and one time a friend who lived there loaned me his car for a week as he was away. Since it is a relatively compact city, it is not very far to get to places in and about SF. 

I felt if I lived there I would have a compact car, since parking was an issue and today I would make that an e-car. The price of gas at the pump would not bother me.

Edited by Luv2play

18 hours ago, Luv2play said:

The few times I visited San Francisco decades ago, I had rental cars and one time a friend who lived there loaned me his car for a week as he was away. Since it is a relatively compact city, it is not very far to get to places in and about SF. 

I felt if I lived there I would have a compact car, since parking was an issue and today I would make that an e-car. The price of gas at the pump would not bother me.

That's probably why there are more Teslas per capita in SF than anywhere else in the world.

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is gas prices in your area (no, I don't live in Madrid), nonetheless, I had to post this.  Ignore the text* because he's making a sarcastic crack about some Spanish politicians.  Focus on the shock at the pump: the top number is euros, the bottom liters.  If you convert it to US$ and gallons:  24.745 gallons for $194.13!!  OK, 25 gallons is a big tank but common in big pickups and SUVs.  I get upset that it costs almost $50 to fill up.  If I had to pay 4x that, I'd have a heart attack.

* if you're curious:  "I just paid this in gas. But happy knowing that Irene takes away our fear of tits, Calviño doesn't debate herself, and Yoli does supercool stuff."  Irene Montero is the Spanish Minister of Equality, don't know the other two he's talking about.

37 minutes ago, BSR said:

I know this thread is gas prices in your area (no, I don't live in Madrid), nonetheless, I had to post this.  Ignore the text* because he's making a sarcastic crack about some Spanish politicians.  Focus on the shock at the pump: the top number is euros, the bottom liters.  If you convert it to US$ and gallons:  24.745 gallons for $194.13!!  OK, 25 gallons is a big tank but common in big pickups and SUVs.  I get upset that it costs almost $50 to fill up.  If I had to pay 4x that, I'd have a heart attack.

* if you're curious:  "I just paid this in gas. But happy knowing that Irene takes away our fear of tits, Calviño doesn't debate herself, and Yoli does supercool stuff."  Irene Montero is the Spanish Minister of Equality, don't know the other two he's talking about.

There's no indication whether this is petrol or diesel, and in any case I don't know the price difference in Spain. However, I paid AUD1.809* yesterday for diesel here (as opposed to the EUR1.815 in that tweet), and on my drive back from Sydney today it was AUD1.709* in the biggest town on the way ($1.779 at the highway service centres outside town). Still, AUD1 is EUR0.62 now, so that Spanish price would still be serious sticker shock for me.

(* I had a 4c/L discount voucher, and that would have applied to the $1.709 price as well. Those discounts are applied at the checkout, the full price is shown at the pump.)

4 hours ago, mike carey said:

There's no indication whether this is petrol or diesel, and in any case I don't know the price difference in Spain. However, I paid AUD1.809* yesterday for diesel here (as opposed to the EUR1.815 in that tweet), and on my drive back from Sydney today it was AUD1.709* in the biggest town on the way ($1.779 at the highway service centres outside town). Still, AUD1 is EUR0.62 now, so that Spanish price would still be serious sticker shock for me.

(* I had a 4c/L discount voucher, and that would have applied to the $1.709 price as well. Those discounts are applied at the checkout, the full price is shown at the pump.)

@mike carey, you paid the equivalent of US $4.81/gallon for diesel, which is higher than the average price here in Phoenix ($3.90) but lower than that in San Francisco ($4.95) according to the American Automobile Association (i.e. the motor club).

I just paid $3.79 for a gallon of regular at the local Chevron. That station tends to be a little cheaper than other Chevrons, though. 

5 minutes ago, BeamerBikes said:

With real time pricing, I pay about .07/kWH * 78kWh battery = $5.46 that's at home.

Gets about 220 miles.  

On the road, I've done quick charging for about $15 for 100 miles.  

Not to take us off-topic, but how much time is required to get the quick charge?

Back to topic: I addressed my personal gasoline crisis by buying a smaller car. 

2 minutes ago, rvwnsd said:

Not to take us off-topic, but how much time is required to get the quick charge?

Back to topic: I addressed my personal gasoline crisis by buying a smaller car. 

Depends on the charger, but usually 30-40 min for 100 mi in range assuming a 150kW charger.  I usually look for one near a restaurant or shopping. Plug in and then go putz around.  

Roadtrips over multiple states isn't something I regularly do. I adopted a rule to fly if it's more than one state away.  

Gas price in my area.  Around $3.65/gallon for regular gas.

Unfortunately, the prices for petro in Monterey, California and the state overall have remained steadily pricey for the past four or five months.

In my area it's still $4.99 and upwards, depending on location in the county.  I paid $4.79 per gallon for premium last week at Costco.

7 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

A couple of hours outside Toronto it's $1.63 per litre ($6.15 per gallon) right now, which is bad enough, but I was reading the gas hit $1.79 per litre in the Vancouver area where I used to live ($6.75 per gallon)...

Is that CD or US$?  $6.15CD is $4.85US, which is more expensive than most gas south of the border but not that much.  But if the $6.15 is US$, yikes, that's a lot.