Gas Prices In Your Area

Lucky

This is getting terrible.   Not yet $4 in my state but will soon be.  Will grocery prices out of control, we are heading for double digit inflation.  And they shut down the pipeline and put tens of thousands out of work!   Wait until winter.  What incompetent leaders we presently have.

anybody remember early March of 2016?....87 octane at my local Costco was $1.139/gallon......incredible!......

and my semi-annual reminder: LONG HOSES AT COSTCO MEAN YOU CAN GO TO EITHER SIDE!!......hint: that's probably why those lines on the left side of the fuel islands are strangely shorter!.....get in it, fast!

f7nbSw5-hlmgC6-mYUsJwaEnbAB3KYhkIA-2YsWh

1 hour ago, azdr0710 said:

LONG HOSES AT COSTCO MEAN YOU CAN GO TO EITHER SIDE!!

+1

Why are so many people afraid to do that?  Shouldn’t complain. Able to get filled up while others still in line.

Or, they’re afraid to go around the car pumping gas when the car at the front has left.  

Edited by bashful

1 hour ago, azdr0710 said:

anybody remember early March of 2016?....87 octane at my local Costco was $1.139/gallon......incredible!......

and my semi-annual reminder: LONG HOSES AT COSTCO MEAN YOU CAN GO TO EITHER SIDE!!......hint: that's probably why those lines on the left side of the fuel islands are strangely shorter!.....get in it, fast!

f7nbSw5-hlmgC6-mYUsJwaEnbAB3KYhkIA-2YsWh

Yes we know. There are almost always signs indication so and my Wearhouse Shopping Club has them and the signs. But like most people, I don't like to do that. I find using them that way uncomfortable and annoying. I'll wait. Some would drive in the opposite direction till the club put up signs indicating "Wrong Way". I'll wait. It's never all that long in my area. 

9 minutes ago, Pensant said:

Around $3.89 at QVC north of Seattle.

You buy your gas from a shopping channel?!?!?  😵

9 minutes ago, Pensant said:

Well over 4 in the city.

So, what, 5?  6?  (that's 25% or 50% more)

Edited by samhexum

On 10/22/2021 at 6:13 PM, azdr0710 said:

LONG HOSES AT COSTCO MEAN YOU CAN GO TO EITHER SIDE!!......hint: that's probably why those lines on the left side of the fuel islands are strangely shorter!.....get in it, fast!

On 10/22/2021 at 7:21 PM, bashful said:

Why are so many people afraid to do that?  Shouldn’t complain. Able to get filled up while others still in line.  Or, they’re afraid to go around the car pumping gas when the car at the front has left.  

On 10/22/2021 at 7:52 PM, Danny-Darko said:

There are almost always signs indication so and my Wearhouse Shopping Club has them and the signs. But like most people, I don't like to do that. I find using them that way uncomfortable and annoying. I'll wait.

Rita Rudner used to say she had a rotating gas tank... no matter what side of the pump she pulled up to, the gas cap was always on the other side.

6 hours ago, samhexum said:

Rita Rudner used to say she had a rotating gas tank... no matter what side of the pump she pulled up to, the gas cap was always on the other side.

I remember in the 70's some U.S. made cars had the gas tank in the middle behind the license plate. That was convenient! 

2 hours ago, Danny-Darko said:

I remember in the 70's some U.S. made cars had the gas tank in the middle behind the license plate. That was convenient! 

26 minutes ago, Danny-Darko said:

Yeah, I remember the Pinto issue. Some full size cars had the gas tank filling in the middle behind the license plate like the Impala, Caprice, other GM cars though

So did my 1972 Pontiac Grand Prix.

~Boomer~

On 8/7/2021 at 1:21 PM, Axiom2001 said:

The price of petro in California is way out of sync.  In Monterey, CA and the surrounding towns, the price for premium is in the higher $4.00 range.  At one Chevron station that I spotted, it was $4.99 per gallon. 

Last week I went to my usual gas station and only filled my auto half way; the bill was $49.00.  About four weeks ago, I rented a car that came to me full.  The representative told me that I could return 3/4th full.  The company did not have the model of auto that I'd reserved.  Upon my returning the auto to the company, I went to Costco; the bill came to $40.00, and it was not full. 

How long will these prices keep escalating?  When will the prices for almost everything cease being increased?  Are our wages going up?  Are our cheques from our retirement systems going up any time soon?

I noticed at Chevron a few days back, premium petro was going for $5.00 per gallon.  On 10.24.21, I purchased gas at my go-to station.  Premium was 4.79 per gallon.  I had some petro already in my tank.  When I filled it, the total price came to a hefty $80.00.  This definitely cannot continue.

Sure, but with the shortage of delivery drivers, getting fuel that last step, from the local tank farm to the station, is the weak link in the supply chain. My preferred Holiday/ Kroger station can be closed at completely random times- I'm learning to keep a 1/4 tank in case the station is closed when I go by to refill. Of course, that is exacerbated by Oregon having no refineries, so all our gas is pipelined down from Ferndale or Pasco, WA, and gets disrupted by all kinds of issues.

Edited by pdxleo
spell