Gas Prices In Your Area

Lucky

glutes could have found that old thread, but my search did not. It was a million pages long but does provide some historical perspective.

Anyway, it's a Christmas gift from the Middle east. My local Costco is offering regular at $3.27.9, and I am pleased. Never thought I would say that! It's down a good 40 cents rather quickly.

I am going to resuscitate that old thread for ya Lucky, now that I'm back.

Premium at my Costco in Chicago was $3.69 this noon. Lines were crushingly long, but the pumps were really slow - so a combination of more customers and general slowness. Many of the people pumping gas had seemingly had a brain fart and acted like they'd never pumped gas before in their lives.

I guess I got in under the wire. Costco premium in local Chicago NW burb on Tuesday afternoon was $3.49, and no line, just drove right up to the pump. It helps it has three pumps each line.

Looks like people are going to need something else to complain about other than gas prices. Today's prices (Gasbuddy):

Houston $2.43

Denver $2.74

Dallas $2.36

Los Angeles $3.89

Charlotte $2.56

Atlanta $2.53

New York City (Bronx) $2.79

Paris, France $A hell of a lot more :)

• 2 months later...
On 5/12/2021 at 12:55 PM, Charlie said:

I put premium (91) in my car at my local Phillips station in Palm Springs two hours ago: $4.55/gal.

I was in Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, a few days ago, and I took a photo of the prices there; 91 premium (I drive an M-B) was $4.99, which I thought was laughable. The next day I stopped for gas in Salinas in the San Joaquin valley, where I expected it to be cheaper; premium was $5.20/gal.

The price of petro in California is way out of sync.  In Monterey, CA and the surrounding towns, the price for premium is in the higher $4.00 range.  At one Chevron station that I spotted, it was $4.99 per gallon. 

Last week I went to my usual gas station and only filled my auto half way; the bill was $49.00.  About four weeks ago, I rented a car that came to me full.  The representative told me that I could return 3/4th full.  The company did not have the model of auto that I'd reserved.  Upon my returning the auto to the company, I went to Costco; the bill came to $40.00, and it was not full. 

How long will these prices keep escalating?  When will the prices for almost everything cease being increased?  Are our wages going up?  Are our cheques from our retirement systems going up any time soon?

On 5/13/2021 at 10:47 PM, glutes said:

I am going to resuscitate that old thread for ya Lucky, now that I'm back.

I am pretty sure that Talvin DeMachio authored that thread. So I did a new search:

Edited by Lucky

using the app, I see the Costco on the 'bad' side of town here in Arizona is at $2.679/gal today for regular unleaded 87 octane....

other Costcos in more prosperous parts of town are at $2.799/gal for regular 87....

there's no lower octane in Arizona.....

Edited by azdr0710

• 2 months later...