Gas Prices In Your Area

Lucky

On 2/7/2022 at 12:26 PM, Lucky said:

Regular gas at Costco one week ago: 3.93/9

Regular gas at Costco yesterday: 4.03/9

They are still far cheaper than the competition.

Ditto Costco NW burbs Chicago. Paid $3.89.9 for premium last week.

Cost me $17.00 to wash the winter salt slush residue off my car today.  

Edited by bashful

2 hours ago, Charlie said:

I paid $4.78/gal for regular today at my usual Phillips 76 station in Palm Springs.

Join Costco or Sam's Club and it would have been $4.03.

Sam's Club membership is only $20 after a $25 rebate for new customers. Saving 75 cents on 28 gallons of gas covers the $20!

Edited by Lucky

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

But think of all the gas I use just to get back and forth to Costco or Sam's Club.

My brother in southern CA is the same way.  Gas station he uses is just a couple of blocks away.  He said closest Costco would take a minimum of a couple of gallons of gas round trip if traffic moves.  Would never need to actually go inside, since he’s retired military, he can go to the Exchange on base for other things. He’s happy staying local.

Edited by bashful

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, RJD said:

Filled up Saturday.  15 gallons $75.  BUT....the entertainment video monitor at the pump gave me the latest on the Kim, Kanye, and Pete drama, so WORTH.EVERY.PENNY!  🙄

I have fond memories of living in South Florida in 2000 when it would cost $16 to fill up my car. Of course, oil was $10 a barrel, so that helped.

2 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

I have fond memories of living in South Florida in 2000 when it would cost $16 to fill up my car. Of course, oil was $10 a barrel, so that helped.

Those same 15 gallons just two years ago was half that price.  Granted, people weren't travelling due to COVID lockdowns, so the supply and demand aspect comes into play, but the prices have risen dramatically during the past year.       

I haven't checked the prices in my area for the past week, but when I decide to get petro, which might be today from Costco, I'll definitely see if the price for premium has increased from, I think, $4.79 from the last time I was there.

I know Texaco/Chevron will be in the upper $5.00 range--bordering on the lower $6.00 per gallon.

...am truly fortunate that I do not have to drive any distance these days.  In fact, I had my mileage per year reduced on my auto insurance last year.

45 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

A couple of days ago I paid the equivalent of $7 CAD per gallon ($5.40 USD) here in Ontario.  But my uncle in Vancouver said the price there is hovering at about $8 CAD per gallon ($6.25 USD) out there.

Canada still uses gallons?

6 hours ago, LookingAround said:

$4.99 Costco for premium in Chicago today. 

I paid 3.99 just two, maybe three weeks ago.

5 hours ago, FreshFluff said:

Gasbuddy has been down all day, but the lowest yesterday was $5.20.

The Costco website will give you the price for each of its locations.

Edited by bashful

5 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Canada still uses gallons?

I think he's just giving the comparison in prices so that Americans will understand the difference in terms they can readily understand without having to resort to making the calculations.

It's complicated because we are dealing with two different units of volume (litres vs. gallons), two different currencies (greenback vs. loonies) and two different gallons(American vs. British). Hard to do conversion in your head.

4 hours ago, Luv2play said:

I think he's just giving the comparison in prices so that Americans will understand the difference in terms they can readily understand without having to resort to making the calculations.

In the past I've done the same sorts of conversions in this thread as they did, but last time I cited my experience (a month ago) I just posted the AUD price per litre, and someone else posted a conversion and comparison with their part of the US.

The lowest octane petrol is now within a cent or two of $2/litre in Canberra, and diesel (which I use) about $1.85 (USD1.46 and 1.35 respectively at today's exchange rate).

Our local gas station in rural Michigan was charging $4.25/gallon for regular yesterday.  I didn't fill up as we're  headed down to Detroit today for mom's doctor appointment.  Will gas-up at Costco for $3.79/gallon.  I'm in a similar situation to Charlie.  Costco is too far away to justify driving there/back just to fill-up.  I do however head down that way  2-3 times per month for other things (doctor appointments, haircut, etc.) and always take advantage of being in the area to get gas.