Gas Prices In Your Area

Lucky

I have been late posting in this thread, because I drive a Prius, and I haven't needed to fill it since before Thanksgiving, so I can't even remember what I paid last time. I just came from my local Phillips76 station in Palm Springs, where I paid $3.66/gal for regular.

As I was driving into work this morning, the gas at the station just outside the office park was $3.15. Today when I left it was $3.09. These swings are positively nuts.

Sorry but a change of 2% is hardly a swing or nuts. Sure it's over a short period of time but so is the changes on many a stock price if you look closely and often enough. My thermometer right now is madly flickering back and forth from 45 to 46 degrees. Oh my god whats going on with the weather?

I've no idea why people bother following these prices so closely.

It's really no different than freaking out about fluctuations in the price of gold or the

market price for the catch of the day at a restaurant. BFD.

If you actually have some place to go, like work, or shopping (for which you refuse to walk) then the price of gas is probably going to be trivial compared with what you are earning or spending whereever you are going.

The energy in a gallon of gasoline is HUGE. Enough to blow ones house to tiny bits, haul TONS of steel (your car) up a lot of steep hills, or power your ipod or iphone for months if not years. Gasoline in the USA is still ridiculously cheap.

If it weren't so cheap then more people might actually have cars with high MPG or more people might actually bike, or walk, which would surely be great for our physical and community health. But as long as there are lots of cars getting 12 MPG instead of 40 and as long as most people drive alone I can't believe that the price of gasoline is actually very high.

How about putting some of this energy of price shock into something useful like helping to get more bicycle lanes or better transit or HELL even a sidewalk?

Guest countryboywny
If it weren't so cheap then more people might actually have cars with high MPG or more people might actually bike, or walk,

OMG! Please say it isn't so! If gas goes up much more, I'll have to walk? HORRORS!

Signed, Chubby :D

Ha! For someone as special as you I'll get you a sedan chair! Or at the least I'll pull out my trusty tandem, don't worry I'll do all the pedaling and you can even put your feet up on the handle bars or my back.

I definitely have a little bit of mule in me and not just because I'm stubborn.

OMG! Please say it isn't so! If gas goes up much more, I'll have to walk? HORRORS!

Signed, Chubby :D

• 9 years later...

gasbuddy.com is a good way to check local prices.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/california/palm-desert

I am not sympathetic to those in the East now paying $2.98 gallon per Wapo.com

"Meanwhile, the national average for a gallon of gasoline stood at $2.98 on Tuesday, according to AAA. That’s an 8-cent jump on the week, and a penny shy of prices not seen since November 2014."

Often when issues occur with colonial pipeline - the first to get screwed are those markets some distance from the “pipeline”

my market is about 50 miles away - in the past when pipeline goes down GOVCO give priority to those on the piipeline

My local Exxon before the pipeline issue. I attributed it to seasonality increases and higher demand since COVID restrictions are loosening and people are traveling more. I need to fill up again. Wondering what the price will be now.

D090887-E-28-DA-49-EF-88-CE-DF1-E7-D2-F9-BDA.jpg

Premium at my Costco in Chicago was $3.69 this noon. Lines were crushingly long, but the pumps were really slow - so a combination of more customers and general slowness. Many of the people pumping gas had seemingly had a brain fart and acted like they'd never pumped gas before in their lives.

Edited by spider

Premium at my Costco in Chicago was $3.69 this noon. Lines were crushingly long, but the pumps were really slow - so a combination of more customers and general slowness. Many of the people pumping gas had seemingly had a brain fast and acted like they'd never pumped gas before in their lives.

AND THE LONG HOSES AT COSTCO MEAN YOU CAN GO TO EITHER SIDE, PEOPLE!!!!!.......yes, all caps and boldface just this one time!....I swear!