Just Not Interested?

If a provider views a prospective client’s RM profile, but doesn’t reach out, is it fair to assume he’s not interested?

Context: I’ve viewed a provider’s profile, and he’s then viewed mine. Sometimes, the provider will reach out with a “thanks for viewing my profile…” or similar message, which initiates a brief conversation (just enough to know if there’s mutual interest). Other times, the provider will not reach out. I’m much more inclined to engage with the first provider, as I assume the second provider just isn’t into my profile (which I don’t take personally).

I also will initiate conversation; I don’t wait for providers to contact me (I know that many won’t for a variety of reasons), but I don’t typically engage with a provider who has viewed my profile but has not reached out, because I assume no interest and don’t want to waste anyone’s time.

I am always checking out providers on RM just because I am curious when I see their reviews and want to look at their profiles. Doesn't mean I am interested in meeting them, most often because they either don't appeal to me when I read their profiles or because they are in remote markets.

The odd one will send me a message saying they noticed I checked out their profile and do I want to meet. For those I either ignore or briefly say to them they are too far away.

If I am interested in meeting one whose review I like I will message them first on RM and if I get a reply will then engage them in a discussion to see whether something can be arranged.  If the discussion gets serious I usually switch to texting them, that was we can stay in touch right up to approaching where they are. 

That way I avoid flakes who are not serious in meeting.

45 minutes ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

Pretty sure there is function to view anonymously.  
You’re way overthinking it - they are offering professional services, I doubt your profile makes them “interested” or not.  If interested, just contact them directly by text/whatsapp.  Not complicated 

In RM settings, privacy settings. And yes @Km411 don't overthink this.

IMG_1117.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

I am always checking out providers on RM just because I am curious when I see their reviews and want to look at their profiles. Doesn't mean I am interested in meeting them, most often because they either don't appeal to me when I read their profiles or because they are in remote markets.

This, plus I'm going through their reviews to see if it's a good match.

I don't like providers messaging me just because I viewed their profile, so I have the "do not track me" setting turned on. It's kind of like a store owner rushing out to sell me something just because I paused in front of their window for a minute.

Well first,  when interested parties check my profile,  they might be interested or simply curious.   Some might be a little interested,  but need to consider.   Others may be using my profile and photos to jack off.   The point is that we all get viewed... client and provider,  for varying reasons.   I almost never reach out to anyone viewing my profile,  unless  he has viewed it many times on end and has never said a thing.    Secondly,   I'd never assume they "aren't interested"   if they don't initiate conversation.    I don't think anything other than this person viewed my profile.

For some providers, there is an understanding that it is not OK to reach out to a client without being contacted first. This might be old-school, as there is lots of discussion about providers reaching out after having been viewed on RM, or contacting clients proactively. But for many like myself, it's considered an invasion of privacy to make unsolicited contact.

My exceptions are like as @ICTJOCK mentions, someone has checked out my profile a whole bunch of times so I figure something must have got their interest. Or if their profile invites providers to contact them I'll reach out. Or if traveling I'll let former clients know I'll be visiting. But otherwise I try to be discreet and wait for the client to approach.

If you're wanting providers to contact you if they are interested, put something in your profile that invites it. You could even describe a bit of what you're looking for, and invite those who fit the bill to get in touch.

6 hours ago, Thelatin said:

I will look at a profile if I’m interested, but perhaps lazy.  If they decide to hit me up, I take it as a good sign and will probably participate.

It depends on how they "reach out" when I view their profile.

One guy RMd me: "Hey, so you want to get f*cked by a big black guy?" I ignored him.

Another guy RMd me: "I'm offering a discount." I didn't respond or hire him, but I did look at his ad and consider him.

One RM (who I had hired the day before) RMd me while I was taking time to read his interview. He said (in ruder terms than this) "Hey, are you just sitting here on my profile, or are you going to hire me?!?" I should have cancelled my existing appointment immediately. Instead, I told him who I was, and he apologized and asked for a second chance. I gave him that second chance, and he used it to walk in, grab my money, insult me, and leave to spend it on meth. Since then, if I get a rude message from a provider, even if it's meant for someone else, I immediately cut them off forever. Always trust someone when they show you what kind of person they are.

3 hours ago, Alexphilly said:

Hi I haven’t been posting for awhile as for me if you are viewing me over 10 times and I reach out to you and no reply back I’m definitely blocking you because obviously that person is just rubbing one out to pictures, but that’s just me

Why elimate a potentially good customer based on an assumption?

I had looked at the profile of my current regular over the course of a year so, so many times before reaching out because I had just moved across the country, completely upended my life, and had to come to an agreement with my husband about our situation. When I told him how long I had waited to get in touch during the first time we got together and he told him what a great time I was having, he laughed it off with a "Why did you wait so long?" 🤷‍♂️

The worst are people who reach out to me when I know I never viewed their profile at all. I delete (but not block) them, and weeks later they pop up again. The runner-up worst are people who bombard me with wanting me to see them when I looked at their profile one time. As mentioned by someone else in this thread already, if I was that interested, I'd either message or text you. Otherwise, it's best to respect client's privacy and leave them alone.

P.S. Nate_SF, I'm in the guilty party of rubbing more than one out w/ your profile. XO, & wink.

8 hours ago, Your Man in Arlington said:

Why elimate a potentially good customer based on an assumption?

I had looked at the profile of my current regular over the course of a year so, so many times before reaching out because I had just moved across the country, completely upended my life, and had to come to an agreement with my husband about our situation. When I told him how long I had waited to get in touch during the first time we got together and he told him what a great time I was having, he laughed it off with a "Why did you wait so long?" 🤷‍♂️

You are right I have that feeling like why am I blocking a potential client ? . Then sometimes a little frustration gets to me and it says block lol 😂 I’m quite sure I have lost a few potentials one never knows , which made me think if they are viewing my pix (“possibly”rubbing one out why not start a onlyfans also)  it would be difficult for me to manage a bunch of platforms guys have compensated me for custom videos and pix . So then again I may consider doing a onlyfans.

There’s a similar feature on Rentmasseur, it tells me when people have viewed my profile and suggests “a premium Rentmasseur client has viewed your profile…he may be interested in you so consider contacting him etc”. I never do initiate contact because I think it’s up to them. 

Some of these premium Rentmasseur clients view my profile dozens of times. Maybe they’re rubbing one out to the pics, and that’s fine (if that’s you …I have a justforfans 😉) but I think it’s more likely they’re just thinking about it.

I reckon it takes a lot of intention to hire a sex worker because of the nature of the work and all the issues that surround it. If my clients have put a lot of thought into hiring me then that’s great. I want that. Clients who hire on a whim tend to be more flaky, treat you like you’re a commodity and don’t value the service. I don’t need that. Give me someone who’s thought long and hard about it, is invested in the decision and who has seen what I’m about and said “yes I’d like to meet him”. 

12 minutes ago, Jamie21 said:

There’s a similar feature on Rentmasseur, it tells me when people have viewed my profile and suggests “a premium Rentmasseur client has viewed your profile…he may be interested in you so consider contacting him etc”. I never do initiate contact because I think it’s up to them. 

Some of these premium Rentmasseur clients view my profile dozens of times. Maybe they’re rubbing one out to the pics, and that’s fine (if that’s you …I have a justforfans 😉) but I think it’s more likely they’re just thinking about it.

I reckon it takes a lot of intention to hire a sex worker because of the nature of the work and all the issues that surround it. If my clients have put a lot of thought into hiring me then that’s great. I want that. Clients who hire on a whim tend to be more flaky, treat you like you’re a commodity and don’t value the service. I don’t need that. Give me someone who’s thought long and hard about it, is invested in the decision and who has seen what I’m about and said “yes I’d like to meet him”. 

Long and hard seems like a good screen name too 😁😁 I’m just saying.

2 hours ago, Alexphilly said:

You are right I have that feeling like why am I blocking a potential client ? . Then sometimes a little frustration gets to me and it says block lol 😂 I’m quite sure I have lost a few potentials one never knows , which made me think if they are viewing my pix (“possibly”rubbing one out why not start a onlyfans also)  it would be difficult for me to manage a bunch of platforms guys have compensated me for custom videos and pix . So then again I may consider doing a onlyfans.

A couple of providers I've hired have OnlyFans accounts which I subscribed to before hiring as part of researching and deciding to go with them. For $10 or so, it's worth it before making a larger investment.

If you have the bandwidth for it, I think it could both be a way to make some money from guys who just want to rub one out and as marketing for your services.

Absolutely not true. I view client profiles all the time and don’t reach out. I’m interested in all of them. If they’re a client, I’m interested. I don’t reach out because I want to respect the client’s privacy and the fact that they may be just browsing and may not want to engage yet, if at all. Viewing but not messaging is merely an indication that the provider showed interest in potential clients and wants to respect the client’s time and energy. The client will reach out if he’s interested.

Sometimes I will send a message if I think the client is a particularly good match or we have a shared niche interest or something. By good match I don’t mean looks or demographics, just what they write in their profile. I see everyone no matter what they look like. For example I got a profile view on RentMen the other day from a client who lives in my college town. It’s small and remote and most providers would never travel there, but I do from time to time, so I told him I would be visiting later next year and to let me know if he would be interested in meeting. There was no photo, literally just the screen name and a city listed. If he was anywhere else or had generic interests, I wouldn’t have bothered messaging.

In the past, I’ve reached out to clients who viewed my profile with a brief, friendly message saying thanks for checking me out and that I’m happy to answer any questions. It takes more time to manage that process, and it can be off putting for some. Occasionally when doing this I would contact someone more than once without realizing and that gives a bad impression. On RentMasseur I have to manually search my messages every time for a specific contact before determining that I haven’t messaged before. Even then, it still won’t give me the correct info 100% of the time. When I search, the autocorrect function throws it off so I have to carefully re-correct the spelling just to search the correct user and then determine I have/have not contacted them before and then go ahead and send a message. Such an exhausting waste of time.

Honestly I do get more bookings that way, so from a short term marketing strategy, it works. Sometimes a client just needs a nudge to get the ball rolling when they never would have started rolling it themselves or perhaps would have waited weeks or months before they otherwise would reach out. However, I know by doing this I may very well be losing some business by putting off some would-be clients. I stopped doing the proactive messages a while back because I’ve developed a long term marketing strategy to attract clients in other ways that require less time and management and focuses on relationship building rather than just getting them in the door as quickly as possible. The proactive messages strategy across multiple platforms became simply unmanageable.

One client views me constantly, like every day, multiple times a day. When he did finally reach out to me with a text after months of viewing, he asked the same questions over and over. Intel from MrNumber indicated he was a problem client. He wouldn’t confirm booking details, wasn’t serious, and just wanted my attention without actually booking anything. I warned him and then eventually had to block him because he wasn’t respecting my boundaries and kept demanding my time and attention for free. He still views me on multiple platforms. I just ignore it and block his messages whenever he keeps trying to contact me through another method. So annoying. Dude, take the hint.