What's your favorite fast food?

samhexum

Interesting that somebody mentioned Sloppy Joe Sliders.  They are one of the most popular items I serve at the Palm Springs Weekend Sunday Pool Event.  I love Cane's chicken but absolutely hate everyone of the sides especially the French fries.  I grew up on and love Mexican food but have never found Mexican fast food worth eating.  There is an Italian fast food restaurant near me in Buena Park called Portillos.  They make Italian Beef Dip sandwiches with Italian peppers that are absolutely to die for. 

About every six-nine months I need to have some Popeye’s chicken - spicy.  I love it while I’m eating it and hate myself the next several days.  6-9 months later, I’ve forgotten all the bad stuff and crave it all over again.

Oh, and I love the Arby’s Jamoca shake.  I have no pride….

Edited by curt gregory
Clarity

10 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Philly cheese stake and five portions of French fries, but don't tell some of the members here who  apparently have not seen a French fry in decades

Can you get a decent cheese steak in the upper Bucks County area? I have family near there and we usually have dinner at one of the many old country inns, but now I’m craving a cheese steak next time.

1 minute ago, Pensant said:

Can you get a decent cheese steak in the upper Bucks County area? I have family near there and we usually have dinner at one of the many old country inns, but now I’m craving a cheese steak next time.

It depends. Even in Philadelphia, difficult to find

3 hours ago, Pensant said:

Depends on what you consider "upper" Bucks County.  Langhorne has Steve's Prince of Steaks on Lincoln Highway, which are pretty good.  I still think if you want an authentic cheese steak you need to hit up D'Alessandro's in the Roxborough area of Philly or Tony Luke's in South Philly.  

I was referring to the Doylestown-Perkasie area. I never venture down to Langhorne in lower Bucks. Traffic down there is awful. I do have a friend in Manayunk, so Roxborough would work. I like to ride down the Perkiomen Trail and then turn south on the Schuylkill Trail to Manayunk. After a cheese steak, I’ll be fortified to ride the return 34 miles up the trails to Green Lane! Dallesandro’s it is!

• 2 weeks later...

Domino’s Pizza posted its first drop in U.S. same-store sales in over a decade on Thursday, as the world’s biggest pizza chain grappled with a slowdown in delivery demand and a tight labor market that created a shortage of drivers.

As COVID-19 curbs ease, Americans have started to eat out at restaurants after more than a year of ordering food at home, slowing sales at Domino’s that gets most of its business from deliveries and take-away orders.

Adding to its woes, Domino’s also said a severe labor crunch in the United States dealt a blow to its business, forcing it to reduce store operating hours and compromise on delivery service times.

To address the labor shortage, Domino’s Chief Executive Officer Richard Allison said the company would maximize the number of deliveries a driver could make per shift.

“I don’t see why drivers should ever have to get out of their cars. Why can’t we keep them turning to the store back to the customer and maximizing deliveries per driver per hour,” Allison said on a call with analysts.

The Michigan-based company said stimulus check benefits rolling off also helped lead to a 1.9% fall in same-store sales at its U.S. restaurants during the third quarter.

That was off analysts’ estimate of a 1.89% increase, according to IBES data from Refinitiv, and a reported jump of 17.5% a year ago.

Compared with 2019, however, the pizza chain’s U.S. same-store sales were still up 15.6%. 

Shares of the company rose 2% in afternoon trading, as it also reported an increase of 8.8% in its international same-store sales.

Domino’s net income rose 21.5% to $120.4 million or $3.24 per share, beating estimates of $3.11 per share and alleviating some concerns that rising wage expenses were pressuring the company’s profit margins.

McDonald’s rolling out McPlant meatless burger at select US restaurants

https://www.companyofmen.org/topic/123748-plant-based-meat/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-1905665

Edited by samhexum

On 5/4/2021 at 4:51 PM, azdr0710 said:

went to a Jersey Mike's here in bumfuck desert country and jokingly said "whiz wit" for my cheesesteak.......blank stare back.......the nearby manager had to explain to the teeny-bopper chick what it meant.....

does anybody remember a midwestern (Iowa, in particular)) sandwich called a "loose meat sandwich" or a "Maid-Rite"?........sort of a sloppy-joe consistency of chopped up hamburger, but not at all tomato-y like sloppy joes....rather an incredibly tasty combo of pickle, onion, and mustard or similar mixed in with the finely-chopped hamburger......a wet steamed bun completed the concoction......in my Mother's native Wichita, Nu-Way was the classic place for this legendary sandwich.....

http://maid-rite.com/menu.php

http://www.nuwayburgers.com/

I live in an Iowa town that has a Maidrite restaurant.   It’s an indulgence I treat myself to on a weekly basis.  That and a pork tenderloin sandwich.  Love me a Maidrite sandwich.

On 5/4/2021 at 4:51 PM, azdr0710 said:

went to a Jersey Mike's here in bumfuck desert country and jokingly said "whiz wit" for my cheesesteak.......blank stare back.......the nearby manager had to explain to the teeny-bopper chick what it meant.....

does anybody remember a midwestern (Iowa, in particular)) sandwich called a "loose meat sandwich" or a "Maid-Rite"?........sort of a sloppy-joe consistency of chopped up hamburger, but not at all tomato-y like sloppy joes....rather an incredibly tasty combo of pickle, onion, and mustard or similar mixed in with the finely-chopped hamburger......a wet steamed bun completed the concoction......in my Mother's native Wichita, Nu-Way was the classic place for this legendary sandwich.....

http://maid-rite.com/menu.php

http://www.nuwayburgers.com/

I live in an Iowa town that has a Maidrite restaurant.   It’s an indulgence I treat myself to on a weekly basis.  That and a pork tenderloin sandwich.  Love me a Maidrite sandwich.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 5:51 PM, azdr0710 said:

On 10/3/2021 at 10:46 PM, WilliamM said:

Philly cheese stake and five portions of French fries

On 10/4/2021 at 9:29 AM, Pensant said:

now I’m craving a cheese steak next time.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=33907076

On 1/10/2022 at 12:25 PM, BuffaloKyle said:

Arby's is selling for a month what they are calling the spiciest sandwich ever. KFC is also launching today their Beyond Fried Chicken menu. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/arbys-diablo-dare-sandwich-spicy-140503656.html

I’ve never forgiven Arby’s for dropping potato cakes, my former best fast food. 

I try to stay away from any fast food places, but when I've acquiesced-- I've gone to Jack n the Box for its tacos or to In and Out for its hamburgers with everything except cheese.  Since it's rare in my going to fast food places, my eating of the preceding food has not adversely affected my health.