What's your favorite fast food?

samhexum

2 hours ago, Axiom2001 said:

Oh, yes, for a somewhat healthy meal from another favorite of mine-- count in Subway.  I feel that I can never gone astray or wrong in my selections, for I see what's going into my sandwich, and one can never go wrong with a  six inch tuna containing tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach, and another green-- no sauces, please.

I saw where Subway is going to court over their claims that the tuna is real.

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, curt gregory said:

Jamaica shake from Arby’s

Jamocha Shake?

A small has 590 calories and 82 g of sugar.

Vanilla Shake Mix (whole milk, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, nonfat milk, grade A sweet whey, cream, natural vanilla flavor, mono and diglycerides, cellulose gum, guar gum, carrageenan, dipotassium phosphate, sodium citrate, sodium chloride, sodium carbonate, annatto, caramel color)   Jamocha Syrup (high fructose corn syrup, water, corn syrup, instant coffee, cocoa [processed with alkali], caramel color, salt, potassium sorbate [preservative], citric acid, xanthan gum, polyglycerol esters of fatty acids, artificial flavor), Ghirardelli Chocolate Drizzle (sugar, water, fructose, cocoa, natural flavor, unsweetened chocolate, potassium sorbate [preservative], salt, soy lecithin [emulsifier]), Whipped Topping (grade A cream, sucrose, corn syrup, nonfat milk solids, monoglycerides, natural and artificial flavors, salt, nitrous oxide gas). Contains sulfites. CONTAINS: SOY, MILK.
Manufactured on shared equipment that processes Tree Nuts

Edited by Marc in Calif

• 3 weeks later...

You deserve a break today...

One man’s trip to McDonald’s made no cents.

TikTok user Josiah Vargas, who goes by the username @dookiedoeboy, has claimed that when he swung by his local McDonald’s drive-thru to grab a quick bite to eat, he was handed a bag full of cash in addition to his requested sausage McMuffin.

The video, which has climbed to more than 891,000 views and topped 205,000 likes, showed Vargas opening his to-go bag and apparently finding wads of money inside.

“What’s in this bag? Their f–king deposits,” Vargas said in the TikTok video as he revealed Ziploc bags full of bills.

“Just a couple thousand dollars here,” he noted. “Like, what is this? Why would they do this?

“Now I have to return this because I’m a good person, I guess,” added Vargas, who didn’t state the location of the restaurant.

Vargas then turned around to return the moolah to the restaurant.

“Why would you guys do this to me? Do you know how bad I want this money?” Vargas seemingly asked himself as he got out of his car.

When he gave it back to the employees inside, he jokingly asked them if they were laundering money. The crew working that day seemed to be quite relieved that they got their cash back, as a chorus of “Oh, my Gods” erupted between them.

One staff member can even be heard saying that she wanted to give Vargas a hug and take a picture of him.

“They were just all hugging me and thanking me and crying, and I get free McDonald’s for a month, I guess,” Vargas said to his camera when he was back in the car after doing the good deed. He also claimed they gave him a $200 reward.

However, even though Vargas did the right thing by returning the cash, some commenters on TikTok admitted they wouldn’t have done the same if they found themselves in that position.

“Nah I’m McKeeping that,” one user joked in the comments section.

Another agreed, writing, “I would literally be like, ✨ ‘The universe has blessed me.’ ✨ 🧚🏼 🍄 and drive away. Lol.”

One person chimed in: “Yeah I’m not giving the money back, McDonalds will be ok,” while one commenter even claimed that Vargas most likely saved the employees’ paychecks.

“Someone kept their job because you did the right thing good on you man,” they wrote.

In a follow-up video, Vargas admitted that he later went back to McDonald’s — but this time, they had no idea who he was.

“They put my name down and my number, and I had to pay for my two McChickens and a Sprite, which is fine. I’m not too worried about it,” he claimed.

“That’s a McRipoff!” one person commented in response.

6 minutes ago, samhexum said:

You deserve a break today...

One man’s trip to McDonald’s made no cents.

TikTok user Josiah Vargas, who goes by the username @dookiedoeboy, has claimed that when he swung by his local McDonald’s drive-thru to grab a quick bite to eat, he was handed a bag full of cash in addition to his requested sausage McMuffin.

The video, which has climbed to more than 891,000 views and topped 205,000 likes, showed Vargas opening his to-go bag and apparently finding wads of money inside.

“What’s in this bag? Their f–king deposits,” Vargas said in the TikTok video as he revealed Ziploc bags full of bills.

“Just a couple thousand dollars here,” he noted. “Like, what is this? Why would they do this?

“Now I have to return this because I’m a good person, I guess,” added Vargas, who didn’t state the location of the restaurant.

Vargas then turned around to return the moolah to the restaurant.

“Why would you guys do this to me? Do you know how bad I want this money?” Vargas seemingly asked himself as he got out of his car.

When he gave it back to the employees inside, he jokingly asked them if they were laundering money. The crew working that day seemed to be quite relieved that they got their cash back, as a chorus of “Oh, my Gods” erupted between them.

One staff member can even be heard saying that she wanted to give Vargas a hug and take a picture of him.

“They were just all hugging me and thanking me and crying, and I get free McDonald’s for a month, I guess,” Vargas said to his camera when he was back in the car after doing the good deed. He also claimed they gave him a $200 reward.

However, even though Vargas did the right thing by returning the cash, some commenters on TikTok admitted they wouldn’t have done the same if they found themselves in that position.

“Nah I’m McKeeping that,” one user joked in the comments section.

Another agreed, writing, “I would literally be like, ✨ ‘The universe has blessed me.’ ✨ 🧚🏼 🍄 and drive away. Lol.”

One person chimed in: “Yeah I’m not giving the money back, McDonalds will be ok,” while one commenter even claimed that Vargas most likely saved the employees’ paychecks.

“Someone kept their job because you did the right thing good on you man,” they wrote.

In a follow-up video, Vargas admitted that he later went back to McDonald’s — but this time, they had no idea who he was.

“They put my name down and my number, and I had to pay for my two McChickens and a Sprite, which is fine. I’m not too worried about it,” he claimed.

“That’s a McRipoff!” one person commented in response.

Most comments about keeping “McDonalds” money don’t realize the restaurant is most likely owned by an individual franchisee not “McDonalds” and indeed could impact a restaurant operator severely. Especially in a post Covid restaurant recovery world.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:39 PM, JoeMendoza said:

Raising Cane's

On 8/26/2021 at 7:28 PM, BlueSky said:

I tried Raising Cane's for the first time last week.  I approve.  :) Great fries.

On 9/28/2021 at 5:04 PM, Vegas_nw1982 said:

I tend to favor Raising Cane's, Cafe Rio, and Chick-fil-A

spacer.png

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

1 hour ago, misterhumphries said:

pommes frites -- la-di-dah!

1 hour ago, mike carey said:

Yeah, they're just chips.

Well, at least no one's called this Belgian dish "French fries." It's Belgian fries, Vlaamse friet if you're nasty! 😉

Welkom / MannekenPis.nl

Manneken Pis(Amsterdam) - Amsterdam Travel Reviews|Trip.com Travel Guide

13 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

Obviously authentic. They have the man who pisses right there on the storefront.

I presume you know about the charming Belgian statue in Brussels, Manneken Pis:

Manneken Pis Cafe

Not to be outdone by the somewhat less charming statues of Jeanneke Pis:

Jeanneke Pis – Brussels, Belgium - Atlas Obscura

and Zinneke Pis:

Zinneke Pis – Brussels, Belgium - Atlas Obscura

Did you know that there is a Jeanneke Pis as well as Manneken Pis? | Focus  on Belgium

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2021 at 2:04 PM, alrajee said:

Pizza – Domino's    Among the big three fastfood places (McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's), I would go for Wendy's first and then Mickey D.'s.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:43 PM, samhexum said:

Domino’s Pizza posted its first drop in U.S. same-store sales in over a decade on Thursday, as the world’s biggest pizza chain grappled with a slowdown in delivery demand and a tight labor market that created a shortage of drivers.

Adding to its woes, Domino’s also said a severe labor crunch in the United States dealt a blow to its business, forcing it to reduce store operating hours and compromise on delivery service times.

Cops delivered our pizza — after arresting deliveryman: shocked couple

A UK police officer went above and beyond when he brought a couple’s Domino’s pizza to their house — after he had arrested the deliveryman.

Toni Robson, 34, and her husband Paul, 41, said they waited an hour and a half for their $57 pizza when they finally decided to call and cancel the order.

The couple were just about to make fish sandwiches when their doorbell rang.

“To our surprise, it was the police,” Robson told Southwest News Service. “The officer asked my husband, ‘Have you ordered a pizza tonight?’ He replied saying, ‘Erm, yes we have.’ ”

“The officer said, ‘Well, we have just arrested the delivery driver on suspicion of drug driving, so thought we would bring you your pizza as I would be really annoyed if it were my pizza just left in the back of his car.’ “

Their cheeseburger and pepperoni passion pizza was “slightly cold,” Robson said, “but still a lot better than the fish finger sandwich we would have been having.”

The Post reached out to Domino’s Pizza and the West Yorkshire police department for comment.

“The arresting officers delivered the pizza as it was en route to the station,” a spokesperson for the West Yorkshire police department told SWNS.

They added that the driver had been released from custody while awaiting the results of a blood test.

Not everyone was thrilled with the unexpected delivery.

One member of the TaxPayers’ Alliance — a UK group that campaigns for lower taxes — claimed the visit was unnecessary.

“This waste of police time will leave a bitter taste in the mouths of taxpayers,” Joe Ventre, the group’s digital campaign manager, said.

“The safety of the public and our colleagues is our main priority when our drivers are out delivering pizzas, and all of our delivery drivers complete comprehensive safe driving training when they join our business,” a spokesperson said. “While we’re unable to comment on an open investigation, we are assisting the police with their inquiries on this matter.”

Another instance of cheesy justice occurred when a Pennsylvania pizza delivery man managed to thwart a suspected carjacker while he was on his delivery route.

On 10/23/2017 at 1:52 PM, samhexum said:

For me, it's Burger King, Wendy's & Subway. I go through the occasional Arby's & McDonald's phase.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:19 AM, spider said:

I'm not big on fast food, but in a pinch, like when driving on the interstate and I'm limited to off-ramp fare my go to is the Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich with fries.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:04 PM, alrajee said:

Burgers – Five Guys

Among the big three fastfood places (McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's), I would go for Wendy's first and then Mickey D.'s.

On 2/12/2021 at 5:27 PM, JoeMendoza said:

I already love Wendy's with its Dave's Double and dipping my fries into their chocolate frosty, but didn't realize their amazingness at roasting other companies as well - apparently they have been celebrating a made-up 'National Roast Day' and not really spared anybody -

https://nypost.com/2021/02/12/wendys-spares-no-one-on-nationalroastday-even-armie-hammer/

On 1/25/2021 at 3:00 PM, Merboy said:

Oh God... honey, I love all of it. haha :p McDonalds, BK, DK, Wendy's, Arby's, Orange Julius, Sheetz, Auntie Anne's, Nathan's, A&W, Cici's Pizza, Pizza Hut, Boston Market, Panera Bread.... it's all wonderful

On 10/24/2017 at 2:13 PM, Charlie said:

I hardly ever eat fast food except when I am on the road and want to stop for a quick lunch. I don't find any chain absolutely reliable; e.g., Wendy's is usually OK, but I ate at an awful one recently. 

On 10/23/2017 at 6:26 PM, LIguy said:

Wendy's Burgers

Wendy’s is offering free food while Mercury is in retrograde

Every now and then the stars align to satisfy all your cravings.

Wendy’s is offering free food to help its customers get through Mercury in retrograde between April 21 and May 14.

Starting Friday, the fast food chain will have a “Mercury Menu” available on its app with several deals available to astrological adherents who need to get out of their Mercurial misery.

“Fans can rest assured that while it may feel like their lives are in the microwave thanks to Mercury … their Wendy’s food never is,” a press release read.

Kicking off a rotation of deals, Friday, April 21 — the first day of the Red Planet’s reverse — through Sunday, April 23, the astrological menu offers BOGO $1 premium sandwich, eligible with a purchase.

From April 24 to April 30, customers can also score a free crispy chicken sandwich with their purchase. May 1 to May 7 will have free six-piece crispy or spicy chicken nuggets with the purchase of another item. Finally, May 8 to May 14 — the last days of Mercury in retrograde — you can get any size fries with your purchase.

When everything else goes wrong during Mercury in retrograde, at least you have free comfort food.

Mercury in retrograde marks the time during which the rotation of the planet appears to spin backward, though it does not actually move backward in its orbit.

Wendy's is helping its fans survive Mercury in Retrograde with out-of-this-world Mercury Menu deals all month long.