What's your favorite fast food?

samhexum

Step aside chicken sandwich wars: Fish sandwiches are the latest weapon in a heavyweight battle among fast food chains.

For a limited time, Arby's will sell a Crispy Fish Sandwich, which retails for $2.99 and King’s Hawaiian Fish Deluxe with a retail price of $3.99. The sandwich will be available from now until March 29th.

During this weekend's Saturday Night Live episode, Arby's unveiled a cheeky ad designed in part to tweak competitors like McDonald's and Popeye's, which earlier this month added a Cajun Flounder Sandwich as a follow-up to wildly successful chicken sandwich. In addition to Wendy's recently debuted a Crispy Panko Fish Sandwich, replacing its traditional cod version.

Normally known for its beef sandwiches, Arby's announced that consumers "who have ever settled for a disappointing fast-food fish sandwich" now have an opportunity to try their limited-edition fish sandwiches — for free. Consumers can head to the website ArbysFishCheck.com to claim a check, each for $3.79, which is the average menu price of quick-service-restaurant fish sandwiches — but only "while the vault’s still open." For those not lucky enough to score a check, Arby's is also offering a grand check prize of $379 until March 12th.

“For anyone who has had second thoughts about eating a square-fish sandwich, it’s time for a fish ‘do-over,’ Arby’s chief marketing officer Patrick Schwing told Yahoo Finance — taking a pointed swipe at the Golden Arches' Filet-O-Fish, a perennial menu favorite.

"That’s why we’re mailing out thousands of checks to try an Arby’s Crispy Fish Sandwich, as our fish sandwiches featuring wild-caught Alaskan Pollock continue to be one of our guests’ favorite seasonal menu offerings," Schwing added.

Many fast feeders roll our seafood offerings during Lent.

Step aside chicken sandwich wars: Fish sandwiches are the latest weapon in a heavyweight battle among fast food chains.

For a limited time, Arby's will sell a Crispy Fish Sandwich, which retails for $2.99 and King’s Hawaiian Fish Deluxe with a retail price of $3.99. The sandwich will be available from now until March 29th.

During this weekend's Saturday Night Live episode, Arby's unveiled a cheeky ad designed in part to tweak competitors like McDonald's and Popeye's, which earlier this month added a Cajun Flounder Sandwich as a follow-up to wildly successful chicken sandwich. In addition to Wendy's recently debuted a Crispy Panko Fish Sandwich, replacing its traditional cod version.

Normally known for its beef sandwiches, Arby's announced that consumers "who have ever settled for a disappointing fast-food fish sandwich" now have an opportunity to try their limited-edition fish sandwiches — for free. Consumers can head to the website ArbysFishCheck.com to claim a check, each for $3.79, which is the average menu price of quick-service-restaurant fish sandwiches — but only "while the vault’s still open." For those not lucky enough to score a check, Arby's is also offering a grand check prize of $379 until March 12th.

“For anyone who has had second thoughts about eating a square-fish sandwich, it’s time for a fish ‘do-over,’ Arby’s chief marketing officer Patrick Schwing told Yahoo Finance — taking a pointed swipe at the Golden Arches' Filet-O-Fish, a perennial menu favorite.

"That’s why we’re mailing out thousands of checks to try an Arby’s Crispy Fish Sandwich, as our fish sandwiches featuring wild-caught Alaskan Pollock continue to be one of our guests’ favorite seasonal menu offerings," Schwing added.

Hey @samhexum it's lent. Most of these chain fast food places have a fish offering during lent. The only ones I can remember that carry their fish offering thru the year are McDonalds [ugh] and Culvers [sigh]. Quiznos shut down locally several years ago. They used to have a wonderful seafood salad during Lent that featured a healthy dose of fake crab meat.

Hey @samhexum it's lent. Most of these chain fast food places have a fish offering during lent. The only ones I can remember that carry their fish offering thru the year are McDonalds [ugh] and Culvers [sigh]. Quiznos shut down locally several years ago. They used to have a wonderful seafood salad during Lent that featured a healthy dose of fake crab meat.

Del Taco maybe some regional to my area… But they came out with some amazing shrimp tacos for Lent.

fish tacos are also originally from SoCal.

Wrong...for the most part Baja California and the beaches of mainland Mexico.

Tacos de pescado ("fish tacos") originated in Baja California in Mexico, where they consist of grilled or fried fish, lettuce or cabbage, pico de gallo, and a sour cream or citrus/mayonnaise sauce, all placed on top of a corn or flour tortilla.

Place of origin: Mexico

Wrong...for the most part Baja California and the beaches of mainland Mexico.

Tacos de pescado ("fish tacos") originated in Baja California in Mexico, where they consist of grilled or fried fish, lettuce or cabbage, pico de gallo, and a sour cream or citrus/mayonnaise sauce, all placed on top of a corn or flour tortilla.

Place of origin: Mexico

source.gif

A real Californian with several generations dating back to 1848 told me that. Somehow we don't always associate something as healthy and full of protein as fish with Mexican cuisine.

I bet you're a good cook.. but somehow you had to google it and copied your search.

fish tacos origin - Google Search

I’m an exceptional home chef.

I thought you liked it when people searched to research their posts? I was posting a cite (in italics) from the web to make my point.

Mr Mary always likes to check people, but when she gets checked, she doesnt like it and dismisses you..... Hey, we have to ignore it so that we all just can survive here.

Sorry guys, I'm still fighting for my current fave Panda Express. Yesterday, did take out of over $100 worth of food including my FAVE honey walnut shrimp, also Beijing Beef, crispy orange chicken, lo-mein, and twice sauteed angus beef with string beans.... I think I might be pregnant ?

Sorry guys, I'm still fighting for my current fave Panda Express. Yesterday, did take out of over $100 worth of food including my FAVE honey walnut shrimp, also Beijing Beef, crispy orange chicken, lo-mein, and twice sauteed angus beef with string beans.... I think I might be pregnant ?

Too greasy!

is it at least kosher? ;)

B74-D69-EE-29-A2-484-B-ACF3-2-B70-E27-DA642.jpg

you love chocolate, don't you?

The history of chocolate can be traced to the ancient Mayans, and even earlier to the ancient Olmecs of southern Mexico. The word chocolate may conjure up images of sweet candy bars and luscious truffles, but the chocolate of today is little like the chocolate of the past

Pay attention to the italics

width=586pxhttps://media4.giphy.com/media/3o6Yg8HrovTujAdIVa/source.gif[/img]

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory - Wikipedia

@jjkrkwood I too am addicted to PE's honey walnut shrimp. But I have a partner of 30 years+ who is Chinese from Malaysia and an excellent cook. He's appalled by the idea that I might like Chinese food other than that he's prepared. So when I can I sneak into a PE and get a single order of that honey walnut shrimp and consume it on the spot as if were a Marble Slab dish of ice cream.

@jjkrkwood I too am addicted to PE's honey walnut shrimp. But I have a partner of 30 years+ who is Chinese from Malaysia and an excellent cook. He's appalled by the idea that I might like Chinese food other than that he's prepared. So when I can I sneak into a PE and get a single order of that honey walnut shrimp and consume it on the spot as if were a Marble Slab dish of ice cream.

Honor your partners cooking, but what he doesnt know wont hurt him. ;)

Just a recommendation considering the age you claim to be.

May I suggest you order extra veggies? We're just concerned.

I've always loved and admired the way you cover your "shade".... But one shady bitch always recognizes another one, and since I'm a shady bitch, I SEE YOU !