What's your favorite fast food?

samhexum

• 1 month later...

Taco Bell may have found the secret to Tex-Mex fast food success — french fries.

Nacho Fries, one of Taco Bell’s newest product launches, has been crowned as the chain’s most successful new menu item, dethroning the Doritos Locos Taco that had sold 100 million tacos in 10 weeks after its 2012 launch.

Since the Jan. 25 launch, the seasoned fries have been dominating the menu, selling more than 53 million orders in the first five weeks.

“We’re seeing fries in one out of every three orders, compared to one out of every four for DLT,” Taco Bell spokesman Matt Prince told Nation’s Restaurant News in an email.

The fries — which come with a side of nacho cheese sauce — are also increasing overall menu purchases, Nation’s Restaurant News reports.

Though the fries are only around for a limited time, Taco Bell has confirmed they will be staying on the menu at least through early April.

The Nacho Fries are part of the chain’s plan to add 20 new items to the menu during 2018.

I say it's all due to their choice of celebrity used:

http://sbantvc4fq2.hollywood-xposed.com/members/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/542x420jd.jpg

tumblr_my09pnktsm1sec196o9_1280.jpg

Edited by samhexum

When I did at times frequent fast food places-- Jack-n-the-Box and In and Out Burgers in California were my favorite haunts. I did not drive to these facilities too often, but when my taste buds encouraged me, these two businesses would be considered as my favorite. Today I try NOT to go to any fast food place and eat healthily: very little processed foods, veggies and fruits, chicken and fish, and that's it. It has all been for the better overall, for we do NOT need lots of fats, sugars, and salt and loads of chems and preservatives.

Today I try NOT to go to any fast food place and eat healthily: very little processed foods, veggies and fruits, chicken and fish, and that's it. It has all been for the better overall, for we do NOT need lots of fats, sugars, and salt and loads of chems and preservatives.

Most here would agree that you're preaching to the choir. Unfortunately, lot's of people "need" them, even though they don't need them.

I have finally broken my desire for In & Out. The one nearest me used to be great but recently they switched to WELL DONE only. Their excuse was that tired old 80's - we don't want to make anybody sick! Now it's back to FatBurger, and if i am feeling healthy, I will get the "impossible burger." It's vegetable protein, tastes EXACTLY like meat, order rare or medium rare and it is red inside and juicy. (Thanks to Lance!)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two McDonald’s customers in Florida are suing the fast-food giant for a hefty sum of $5 million because they say they’re being unfairly charged for cheese they don’t want on their burgers.

Cynthia Kissner and Leonard Werner argue that hamburgers and cheeseburgers are different prices on the McDonald’s menu, but when they order a Quarter Pounder without the extra dairy, they’re still forced to pay the same amount.

According to the lawsuit, filed May 8 in Fort Lauderdale seeking class-action status, McDonald’s used to sell four different Quarter Pounder options, two of which came without cheese and cost between 30 to 90 cents less, the Miami Heraldreports.

But “at some point,” the lawsuit claims, the restaurant stopped “separately displaying these products for purchase on menus, and currently lists the availability of Quarter Pounder with Cheese and Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese.”

Since this change, “customers have been forced, and continue to be overcharged for these products, by being forced to pay for two slices of cheese, which they do not want, order, or receive, to be able to purchase their desired product,” the lawsuit claims, according to the Herald.

“McDonald’s is being unjustly enriched by these practices because it receives payment for cheese it does not deliver to its customers,” the lawsuit states.

The lawsuit claims the plaintiffs “have suffered injury as a result of their purchases because they were overcharged, and were required to pay for cheese, which is not a component of either a Quarter Pounder or a Double Quarter Pounder, that they did not want and did not receive,” the Herald reports.

McDonald’s lists the ingredients of the Quarter Pounder with Cheese on its website, which include a quarter-pound 100 percent beef patty, sesame seed bun, pasteurized process American cheese, ketchup, pickle slices and onions. It also lists nutritional info for a Quarter Pounder without Cheese, though it doesn’t specify prices for the two.

A McDonald’s spokesperson told USA Today the company does “not believe the claims in this lawsuit have legal merit. The advertised Quarter Pounder burger comes with cheese. We try to accommodate our customers’ requests by allowing them to customize their orders, such as a Quarter Pounder with no cheese.”

The spokesperson also noted that individual franchisees set their menu prices based on their respective markets.

I noticed a while back that a sausage mcgriddle, plus cheese, costs more than the sausage and egg mcgriddle, which comes with cheese. I would switch my order & just pick the egg off, but frankly, I don't even want to touch their eggs, much less eat them.

I noticed a while back that a sausage mcgriddle, plus cheese, costs more than the sausage and egg mcgriddle, which comes with cheese. I would switch my order & just pick the egg off, but frankly, I don't even want to touch their eggs, much less eat them.

What’s wrong with their fresh eggs?

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/what-s-secret-mcdonald-s-perfect-eggs

Noodles & Company is my go to fast food place. Not as fast as the others, but food it better.

For burgers and stuff, I go to a local mom and pop shop that tastes better. They’re Middle Eastern so they also offer hummus, kabobs, shawarmeh and falafel.

Guy I just might get in trouble with a number of you regarding what I’m about to say.

I’m 77 and I do everything in my power to eat as unhealthy as possible. I do all I can to avoid at “all cost” anything labeled organic. I have a good friend who when she informed her doctor that, whenever possible, she bought only organic food; he replied that he guessed that was as good a way as any to waste her money – my kind of doctor. I also make a point of avoiding anything designated as low sodium – my un-medicated blood pressure is 135 over 70. The only people who should eat gluten free are those suffering from cialic. I personally consider vegetarian and vegan diets silly. I have a niece who is a vegetarian; I will prepare food for her. I have another niece who is a vegan who when she come to my house is told to bring her own food.

I love my beef steaks and prime rib blood rare and my IN-N-OUT cheeseburgers well-done. I enjoy a wide variety of vegetables usually slathered in butter or cheese sauce and I absolutely hate the word veggie, it’s so fucking cute. I love chicken prepared just about anyway but am especially fond of old fashioned batter fried chicken. I enjoy halibut, cod, and tuna all of them rolled in corn meal and fried until a hard crust forms. All of the above foods, I find, are much improved accompanied by a glass or two of wine.

Now if I die tonight or tomorrow so be it. I’ve savored a hell of a lot of wonderful unhealthy meals and have no regrets.

Edited by Epigonos

Guy I just might get in trouble with a number of you regarding what I’m about to say.

I’m 77 and I do everything in my power to eat as unhealthy as possible. I do all I can to avoid at “all cost” anything labeled organic. I have a good friend who when she informed her doctor that, whenever possible, she bought only organic food; he replied that he guessed that was as good a way as any to waste her money – my kind of doctor. I also make a point of avoiding anything designated as low sodium – my un-medicated blood pressure is 70 over 135. The only people who should eat gluten free are those suffering from sialic. I personally consider vegetarian and vegan diets silly. I have a niece who is a vegetarian; I will prepare food for her. I have another niece who is a vegan who when she come to my house is told to bring her own food.

I love my beef steaks and prime rib blood rare and my IN-N-OUT cheeseburgers well-done. I enjoy a wide variety of vegetables usually slathered in butter or cheese sauce and I absolutely hate the word veggie, it’s so fucking cute. I love chicken prepared just about anyway but am especially fond of old fashioned batter fried chicken. I enjoy halibut, cod, and tuna all of them rolled in corn meal and fried until a hard crust forms. All of the above foods, I find, are much improved accompanied by a glass or two of wine.

Now if I die tonight or tomorrow so be it. I’ve savored a hell of a lot of wonderful unhealthy meals and have no regrets.

Just a few points of order, to be bitchy:

It's 135/70 for a blood pressure. The bigger one always goes on top (one can only hope!).

It's celiac (or coeliac, if you're English).

And I absolutely agree.

I no longer put on sunscreen. I was almost never in the sun, and now, I'll probably grow old before a melanoma begins to develop.

go into a McDonald's, face the harried, sullen staff, and see the result of a franchised, stockholder-beholden corporation.....

walk into an In N Out and see the result of a 100% company-owned-stores operation with no shareholders and slow growth...happy employees: the backbone of any successful business

very, very rare interview with the current owner of In N Out in this clip:

Edited by azdr0710

• 2 months later...

Fast-food chains to end ‘no-poach’ clauses that capped wages

Eight big US fast-food chains have agreed to end “no-poach” tactics that critics say have kept down wages and thwarted worker mobility for years.

Restaurants including Applebee’s, Church’s Chicken, Five Guys, IHOP, Jamba Juice, Little Caesars, Panera and Sonic will eliminate the no-poach provisions from current and future franchise contracts nationwide following an investigation by the Washington State Attorney General.

These eight companies have more than 15,000 locations nationwide and the legally binding agreement will affect hundreds of thousands of workers, according to law enforcement.

“Businesses can’t rig the system to avoid competition,” said Washington State AG Bob Ferguson. “Other fast food companies that use no-poach provisions are now on the clock to accept a similar deal or face litigation from my office.”

Attorneys general in at least 10 other states also have begun their own investigations into no-poaching clauses after the practice.

The restaurants are backing down after seven big fast-food chains including McDonald’s, Arby’s and Carl’s Jr. ended the practice earlier this year. Last year, a pair of Princeton economists had blasted no-poach clauses, estimating they affected 70,000 fast-food restaurants nationwide, or a quarter of the total.

No-poach provisions appear in lengthy franchise agreements that owners of fast-food franchises sign with corporate headquarters. Consequently, employees are generally unaware the provisions even exist, according to Ferguson.

The provisions effectively prohibit employees from moving among restaurants of the same corporate chain – for example, prohibiting one Little Caesars employee from accepting employment from another Little Caesars franchise location for higher pay.

Because employees cannot move to another location within their corporate brand, their current location has less incentive to give them raises.

Little Caesars stopped including no-poach clauses in their franchise contracts for most workers in 2017, but still restricted workers from moving between franchise and corporate stores.

Applebee’s, IHOP and Jamba Juice ended the practice in 2018, after Ferguson’s office began investigating them. As a result of Ferguson’s case, they are now legally bound to end the practice

• 2 months later...

This princess got fast food-shamed.

A woman in Oklahoma recently went on a hilarious Facebook rant asking customers at a nearby McDonald’s to stop feeding her “gold diggin” dog because she’s not a stray.

“If you see my dog @ the McDonald’s on shields, quit feeding her fat a– bc she don’t know how to act & be leaving the house all the time to go walking to McDonald’s at night,” Betsy Reyes wrote of her dog, Princess.

“She’s not even a stray dog,” she continued. “She’s just a gold diggin a– b—h that be acting like she’s a stray so people will feel bad for her & feed her burgers.”

Reyes caught the pooch in the act when she drove to the McDonald’s and Princess approached her car.

But Princess backed off once she realized it was her owner in the driver’s seat. Reyesthen filmed Princess sauntering over to a different car, where she acquired a piece of the driver’s burger.