What's your favorite fast food?

samhexum

3 hours ago, caramelsub said:

My favorites change frequently. But lately Chick-fil-a, and taco bell.

While it's not as bad as it has been, bear in mind that Chick-Fil-A still donates money to anti-LGBT organizations, and doesn't have policies to protect LGBT employees, unlike almost all other fast food chains.

https://hornet.com/stories/chick-fil-a-anti-lgbtq-donations-continue/

"...Most recently, though, ThinkProgress has uncovered new tax returns indicating that Chick-fil-A anti-LGBTQ donations in 2017 equalled nearly $2 million! Donations to the three organizations mentioned above — Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Paul Anderson Youth Home and Salvation Army — were actually up from the previous year.

Also, Chick-fil-A is one of very few companies in operation today that still refuses to protect LGBTQ employees from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity in its employment non-discrimination policy. The company also received a big fat zero from the Human Rights Campaign in its annual buyers guide..."

https://www.them.us/story/chick-fil-a-owner-bankrolling-hate-groups-targeting-trans-kids

"...As the nation’s sixth-largest charity, the NCF has reportedly been helping to push anti-LGBTQ+ bills introduced in over 30 states this year. These include efforts to ban transgender student-athletes from competing in school sports in accordance with their sense of self and block trans youth from receiving life-saving transition care. The NCF is a “donor-advised fund,” meaning that individuals can suggest where they’d like their money to go. In turn, the NCF gives money to groups like the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), the conservative lobby group that has authored many of the state-level bills discriminating against trans youth, and the Heritage Foundation, a right-wing think tank that is one the main players trying to defeat the Equality Act.

Major donors to the NCF include conservative power players like the family of Betsy DeVos, Trump’s former Secretary of Education, and Hobby Lobby. A longtime right-wing activist, DeVos’ relatives reportedly donated to efforts to ban marriage equality in states like Michigan in 2004 and California in 2008, the latter of which was initially successful before the ballot initiative was overturned in court. Also atop the list, as the Beast reports, is Chick-fil-A owner Dan Cathy..."

One guy owned all the Pizza Huts in Buffalo and when the pandemic hit he closed all the locations. But they are opening ten new locations by the end of the year in the area and the one location will be literally walking distance from my house. Looking forward to getting it first weekend as it's been 3 years now or so since I've had Pizza Hut. 

Edited by BuffaloKyle

43 minutes ago, BuffaloKyle said:

One guy owned all the Pizza Huts in Buffalo and when the pandemic hit he closed all the locations. But they are opening ten new locations by the end of the year in the area and the one location will be literally walking distance from my house. Looking forward to getting it first weekend as it's been 3 years now or so since I've had Pizza Hut. 

Order a large pan pizza with meatballs/beef & onions for me.

• 1 month later...

SUBWAY is giving out 1 million free 6 inch subs (first 50 customers per location) between 10 AM and noon local time TU 7/12/22.

Leave tonight & prepare to camp out overnight to reserve your place in line!

ADDED LATER:  I've known about this for days...  I'm so, so sorry I didn't post this sooner, so y'all could've planned.

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

10 hours ago, samhexum said:

SUBWAY is giving out 1 million free 6 inch subs (first 50 customers per location) between 10 AM and noon local time TU 7/12/22.

Leave tonight & prepare to camp out overnight to reserve your place in line!

ADDED LATER:  I've known about this for days...  I'm so, so sorry I didn't post this sooner, so y'all could've planned.

i personally don't like Subway subs.   I would have preferred that they gave them away to a Community Kitchen or Food Pantry.   

I'm not big on fast food, but in a pinch, like when driving on the interstate and I'm limited to off-ramp fare my go to is the Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich with fries.

I don't make many stands, but I don't care how good it in Chick-fil-a will never get a penny of my money. Every little bit helps the cause.

McDonald's just sucks.

I've never found a decent fast food sub. Either there aren't any fillings to speak of, or the bread can be very bad. Jimmy John's stores have a funny smell.

I do *try* to stay away from fast food, but there are times when the heart wants what it wants. 

If we’re talking types of fast food - pizza, Chinese, curry, fish n chips, burgers would be my go-tos. I’d even include typical diner fare as fast food - gyros, pizza burgers, fries with mozzarella and brown gravy, hash and eggs, etc..

If we’re talking about franchises, there are really only 3 I can think of that I crave. Sadly 2 of the 3 are out of the country ☹️ But absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that! 

1.) White Castle - or as I refer to it, The WC Steakhouse -  I’d take anything from here, except the clam strips. 
2.) Abrakebabra - a doner kebab, chicken shawarma or falafel make a perfect ending to a night on the tiles. 
3.) SuperMac - after a session on the pints, all you need is curry chips, curry chips, and more curry chips please 🤤 

Sadly none are anywhere near me right now -le sigh - so it’s back to my kale and crispy salmon tonight. 😕

BBD 

18 hours ago, BtmBearDad said:

I do *try* to stay away from fast food, but there are times when the heart wants what it wants. 

If we’re talking types of fast food - pizza, Chinese, curry, fish n chips, burgers would be my go-tos. I’d even include typical diner fare as fast food - gyros, pizza burgers, fries with mozzarella and brown gravy, hash and eggs, etc..

If we’re talking about franchises, there are really only 3 I can think of that I crave. Sadly 2 of the 3 are out of the country ☹️ But absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that! 

1.) White Castle - or as I refer to it, The WC Steakhouse -  I’d take anything from here, except the clam strips. 
2.) Abrakebabra - a doner kebab, chicken shawarma or falafel make a perfect ending to a night on the tiles. 
3.) SuperMac - after a session on the pints, all you need is curry chips, curry chips, and more curry chips please 🤤 

Sadly none are anywhere near me right now -le sigh - so it’s back to my kale and crispy salmon tonight. 😕

BBD 

At one time WC offered burgers in the frozen food section at my local grocery. Hmmmm …

On 5/24/2022 at 1:05 PM, Axiom2001 said:

I try to stay away from any fast food places, but when I've acquiesced-- I've gone to Jack n the Box for its tacos or to In and Out for its hamburgers with everything except cheese.  Since it's rare in my going to fast food places, my eating of the preceding food has not adversely affected my health. 

Oh, yes, for a somewhat healthy meal from another favorite of mine-- count in Subway.  I feel that I can never gone astray or wrong in my selections, for I see what's going into my sandwich, and one can never go wrong with a  six inch tuna containing tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach, and another green-- no sauces, please.

2 hours ago, KrisParr said:

At one time WC offered burgers in the frozen food section at my local grocery. Hmmmm …

Yes! A friend who now lives in Florida told me about them, and that he tried them, said they were almost as good as getting them in person. I tried them too, (I never see them in the grocery store, only in Duane Reade 🤷🏼‍♂️), and I give them the thumbs up! 👍🏻 Only thing missing are the sliced pickles 😋 

On 7/12/2022 at 6:19 AM, spider said:

I don't make many stands, but I don't care how good it in Chick-fil-a will never get a penny of my money. Every little bit helps the cause.

Please pardon the leftovers but I posted this one over at GayGuides a couple years ago and I stand by it.  rolleyes.gif

Personally, I'm a big fan of boycotts and Chik-fil-A gave me my hardest test yet.  I kept hearing how great it was but also how many bad causes they sent their money to.  I sure didn't want them forwarding any of my money.

As you might expect, it was nearly impossible to find one in the liberal Bay Area so it was only when I visited family back East that the conflict became real.  A few years ago, I got as close as their parking lot but was saved by the fact that it was Sunday and they were closed.  I toyed with the idea of poking around in the dumpster for a free sample but apparently I was not the only one with this idea.

dumpster-rat-comp.jpg

Fast forward to last year when I learned that, not only were they donating to pro-gay causes, they had also just opened up twenty miles away across from my Costco.  A week later, I found myself in a long line waiting for my Deluxe Combo, large fries and a chocolate Hand-Spun shake, whatever the hell that means.  :unsure:

Now, at long last, I can report that it was anything but worth the wait.  Not to me anyway.  The chicken was OK, but no better than KFC.  The "biscuit" was only a little fluffier than cardboard and a bit less flavorful.  The french fries were likewise bland, and a pickle no more goes with chicken than a feather boa goes with board shorts.

It was the milkshake that was most disappointing and, had I bothered reading the ingredients first, I'd never have ordered it.

Whole milk and nonfat dry milk, sugar, cream, water, contains less than 1% of: whey, mono and diglycerides, corn starch, guar gum, carrageenan, calcium sulfate, cellulose gum, brown sugar, natural and artificial flavor, natural flavor, salt, caramel color, beta-carotene (color), annatto (color), chocolate syrup (cane sugar, corn syrup, water, cocoa, natural vanilla flavor)

At the very least, I'd have asked them to serve the guar gum, carageenan, calcium sulfate, cellulose gum, mono and diglycerides and artificial flavor on the side so that I could add them to taste.

Don't get me wrong.  I've had worse fast food.  The spicy mutton curry at Little Taste of Calcutta, for example, kept me toilet-bound for three days but the price was right and my table came with its own fly swatter.

So, for me anyway, the boycott merely delayed the inevitable and Chik-fil-A is officially off my list for culinary, if no longer political, reasons.  They could hire RuPaul as a car hop and I still wouldn't go back.

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, BtmBearDad said:

3 hours ago, KrisParr said:

50 minutes ago, BtmBearDad said:

Yes! A friend who now lives in Florida told me about them, and that he tried them, said they were almost as good as getting them in person. I tried them too, (I never see them in the grocery store, only in Duane Reade 🤷🏼‍♂️), and I give them the thumbs up! 👍🏻 Only thing missing are the sliced pickles 😋 

Where To Buy

Select your state to find your favorite craves in a grocery store near you.