What's your favorite fast food?

samhexum

Baja Fresh burrito served "enchilado style."

Hey @samhexum it's lent. Most of these chain fast food places have a fish offering during lent.

Del Taco maybe some regional to my area… But they came out with some amazing shrimp tacos for Lent.

Tacos de pescado ("fish tacos") originated in Baja California in Mexico, where they consist of grilled or fried fish, lettuce or cabbage, pico de gallo, and a sour cream or citrus/mayonnaise sauce, all placed on top of a corn or flour tortilla. Place of origin: Mexico

Somehow we don't always associate something as healthy and full of protein as fish with Mexican cuisine. fish tacos origin - Google Search

Visit this offer and get your coupon for a Free Shrimp Diabla or Shrimp Fajita Taco at 7-Eleven & Stripes Stores. Valid Fridays only.

https://www.laredotacocompany.com/free-shrimp-diabla

free-shrimp-diabla-header.png

Edited by samhexum

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These die hards slogged hard for sliders.

Fans came out en masse to celebrate Orlando’s new White Castle — the largest ever outlet of the fast-food chain — on its opening day Monday, with some even camping out overnight to wait on line.

“I could not sleep last night,” Sheila Santiago, who got in line at 3:30 a.m. Monday, told the Orlando Sentinel of her intense anticipation of the new location. “I literally have chills because I feel like it’s just brought me home.”

Santiago was far from alone in her exuberance for the beloved chain’s new 4,567-square-foot branch, which is set to eventually operate 24 hours a day, every day of the week.

Local tweets showed the area completely swamped in traffic jams from revelers waiting to make their first orders at the freshly ribbon-cut restaurant.

“The entire area is an absolute nightmare. Every road in the area is at a standstill,”tweeted one witness to the vehicular hellscape.

Eatery devotees Fred Olderr and Joshua Mendoza proved the most committed to White Castle Orlando, according to a tweet from Orlando news reporter Ezzy Castro, who revealed the two to be the folks first on line when the doors opened. The pair got to the new location at 8 the previous night.

White Castle higher-ups correctly anticipated that Floridians would be uniquely hyped for the location.

“This is the largest White Castle in the system and we built it because we figured that in Florida they would have the largest craving for our products,” White Castle CEO Lisa Ingram told the Sentinel while wearing a “Slider Queen” shirt. “Florida’s obviously a very big state, so we’re excited about being here in Central Florida and look forward to our continued relationship.”

I would have thought another word for 'Californian going back to 1848' was 'Mexican'.

That was my impression after reading Two Years Before the Mast by Richard Dana. But he was there in the 1830's. In early 1848 they discovered gold at Sutter's Creek and suddenly 300, 000 people from all over showed up. So maybe there are lots of descendants from 1848 still around there.

That was my impression after reading Two Years Before the Mast by Richard Dana. But he was there in the 1830's. In early 1848 they discovered gold at Sutter's Creek and suddenly 300, 000 people from all over showed up. So maybe there are lots of descendants from 1848 still around there.

Of course it was mostly men who flocked to the gold fields and a bevy of prostitutes. Maybe their descendants wouldn't want to admit what great great great grandma was doing there. LOL

My secret vice is what I like to refer to as “The WC Steakhouse” AKA White Castle ? Call them what you will - “murder burgers”, “belly bombers”, etc. - but I really love a couple of burgers, a couple of bacon double cheese burgers, fries, chicken rings, onion rings, and chocolate shake. ?

My tummy may disagree with my love for the WC, but as I only allow myself forays to the steakhouse a few times a year, it’s worth it ??

My secret vice is what I like to refer to as “The WC Steakhouse” AKA White Castle ? Call them what you will - “murder burgers”, “belly bombers”, etc. - but I really love a couple of burgers, a couple of bacon double cheese burgers, fries, chicken rings, onion rings, and chocolate shake. ?

My tummy may disagree with my love for the WC, but as I only allow myself forays to the steakhouse a few times a year, it’s worth it ??

SO SORRY YOU MISSED IT...

Fans came out en masse to celebrate Orlando’s new White Castle — the largest ever outlet of the fast-food chain — on its opening day Monday, with some even camping out overnight to wait on line.

“I could not sleep last night,” Sheila Santiago, who got in line at 3:30 a.m. Monday, told the Orlando Sentinel of her intense anticipation of the new location. “I literally have chills because I feel like it’s just brought me home.”

Santiago was far from alone in her exuberance for the beloved chain’s new 4,567-square-foot branch, which is set to eventually operate 24 hours a day, every day of the week.

Local tweets showed the area completely swamped in traffic jams from revelers waiting to make their first orders at the freshly ribbon-cut restaurant.

“The entire area is an absolute nightmare. Every road in the area is at a standstill,”tweeted one witness to the vehicular hellscape.

Eatery devotees Fred Olderr and Joshua Mendoza proved the most committed to White Castle Orlando, according to a tweet from Orlando news reporter Ezzy Castro, who revealed the two to be the folks first on line when the doors opened. The pair got to the new location at 8 the previous night.

White Castle higher-ups correctly anticipated that Floridians would be uniquely hyped for the location.

“This is the largest White Castle in the system and we built it because we figured that in Florida they would have the largest craving for our products,” White Castle CEO Lisa Ingram told the Sentinel while wearing a “Slider Queen” shirt. “Florida’s obviously a very big state, so we’re excited about being here in Central Florida and look forward to our continued relationship.”

A fish product served at 7-11? ¡No, gracias!

I beg to differ Messrs @MikeBiDude and @jjkrkwood but those Shrimp Diablo tacos weren't half bad and certainly worth the cheap price (which I've since forgotten). They were redolent of shrimp not over cooked and the "diablo" was properly fiery. Now I have to patiently wait until next Lent to enjoy them again.

Real talk:

I'm excited to be hitting this new flagship White Castle next month.

However, I won't be so excited about it the next day.

Real talk:

I'm excited to be hitting this new flagship White Castle next month.

However, I won't be so excited about it the next day.

That's the part I love, you can keep tasting the burgers LONG after you've eatten them. They are the gift that keeps giving..and you get your monies worth.

and now Mr @Benjamin_Nicholas , I love you EVEN MORE !~

I have a new old fave. Jersey Mike's subs. Grew up in upstate NY and 50ish years ago there was a Mike's Subs, which we loved and went to as a family often usually on weekends. Fast forward 50 years and Jersey Mike's is a national chain. I only tried Jersey Mike's for the first time about 6 months ago, and said "hey, that's just like Mike's". Checked their website and yep, it's the same ppl. Their quality really is a few notches above Quiznos and Subway. They have whole wheat sub rolls and some organic meat options available, if that's important to you.

I assume you mean besides BarBQ pork sandwiches with Carolina sauce, America's food of the gods.

I had my first-of-2021 McDonald's quarter pounder yesterday and realized McD's future should be latching onto the vegan trend. Whatever vegan substitute they could use in their quarter-pounder, would have to taste more like beef than the "beef" they use now.

Shake Shack has the burger market topped. Tastiest cows on Earth.

Cook Out down south is the best and fastest-growing (because it's the best).

Edited by tassojunior