Anyone out there with Halloween anxiety?

marylander1940

OP note: Grow the hell up! 

WWW.PSYCHOLOGYTODAY.COM

7 reasons why this overlap may not be as odd as it seems.
WWW.WGAL.COM

Starting next week, kids will be able to come in for safety blinkers to wear while trick-or-treating and free X-rays of their candy.

Dressing up is silly fun for all ages. but if you’re an adult at work, and wearing a costume, I will talk to you exactly like I would to a child. Save it for after hours, go crazy, have fun, be outrageous. 

Especially if you work in a business that manages my money or is in any way connected to my health. 

On 10/26/2023 at 6:19 PM, MikeBiDude said:

Sadly (or not) I've turned into a bit of a Halloween Grinch the last few years.

IMG_1088.jpeg

So have I. I don’t enjoy dressing up in costume. I am mildly amused sometimes if someone has a really creative costume. I did go to a Halloween party last week because I really like the host and hostess. Costumes were requested so I put on my tux and went  as a maître d’. I know, not very original. Some people would say my gay card should be revoked. Oh well. 

Edited by BobPS

Grinch here, too. I usually leave the house at sunset for a couple hours on Halloween so I don't have to answer the door, though trick-or-treaters are rare in my area. A locally well-known family -friendly neighborhood a couple miles from my place is much more popular, thankfully. Fortunately, I'll be on a plane all evening tomorrow until late and wont have to answer the door again this year!  I'll only need to face various airport and airline staff dressed up and feign amusement at their antics. Bah humbug!!😀

2 hours ago, BobPS said:

So have I. I don’t enjoy dressing up in costume. I am mildly amused sometimes if someone has a really creative costume. I did go to a Halloween party last week because I really like the host and hostess. Costumes were requested so I put on my tux and went  as a maître d’. I know, not very original. Some people would say my gay card should be revoked. Oh well. 

I used that same costume several years back but added a tray with a masked stuffed with newspaper and some other items such asa plastic hatchet and  plastic spiders in some garnish around the stuffed mask.  Would walk around as a "head waiter:  and ask people if they wanted some head.  

If I weren't flying home tomorrow from Venice Italy 🇮🇹 , I'd be spending Halloween 🎃 in West Hollywood with the same person I've spent Halloween 👻 with for the last MANY years, I'd be wearing that same Superman outfit in my RM ad to sushi and to the parade on SM Blvd. 😂👻🎃

IMG_4007.jpeg

Edited by Vin_Marco

A few years ago I was handing out candy and my dog was with me. I had a bowl of biscuits too and would tell the kids "You must feed my hell-hound before getting candy". One kid just looked at me, took the biscuit, dropped it in his bag, and left. I heard him on the curb telling his father "That guy's just giving out dog biscuits!"

On 10/27/2023 at 3:12 AM, mike carey said:

I loved the idea shown in, I think Friday Funnies, of wrapping brussels sprouts in gold tin foil for the occasion.

I did too but I live in a small town in a house on the corner and the kids would know. I wouldn't want the brussel sprouts thrown back at my windows. 😆

11 hours ago, poolboy48220 said:

A few years ago I was handing out candy and my dog was with me. I had a bowl of biscuits too and would tell the kids "You must feed my hell-hound before getting candy". One kid just looked at me, took the biscuit, dropped it in his bag, and left. I heard him on the curb telling his father "That guy's just giving out dog biscuits!"

Hopefully the kid had a dog at home.

OP note: unfortunately no sexy cops, barely dressed guys, etc. It was too cold and everyone I know had to add some layers to stay warm! 

WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

Record-breaking cold could set in across portions of the U.S. as October comes to an end, according to the National Weather Service.