Fingernails polished

Milo Janus

On a style perspective, I think that the polish and color should go with one’s overall aesthetic for it to “work.”

If a guy has the entire rocker look & vibe and has some black polish on a few fingers, it can work. (Think, Lenny Kravitz or Jared Leto) Or a dude with clear, coated, well manicured nails, whose style of dress is just crispy and sharp (very “Phineas Cole”), I can see that too. 

However, whenever I see these guys out here with bad haircuts, terribly styled bargain bin H&M outfits, busted shoes, with overgrown crayola nail colors, it just cracks me up. 

a lot of what cracks me up with what I see is not even about the masculine vs. feminine thing…. It’s just that everything’s is so poorly executed. It’s the overall lack of good taste. 

Edited by Monarchy79

Well-kept hands are bueno.  Manicures can definitely their purpose.

That said, if the guy lifts weights, his hands shouldn't be all that pretty.  Hard work is sexy.

Polish/colors are not my jam.  I tend to disqualify guys I talk with on apps if they have their nails painted.

Just my personal preference.

On 12/19/2022 at 6:22 AM, Rudynate said:

When I do a show, I get a mani/pedicure and a coat of clear polish.  I love it.  It makes me sad when it wears off.

The key to wearing cosmetics, whether male or female, is to make it look like you're wearing none at all. I can think of many women I wouldn't hire because of their long fake nails.  I think " how can they work in those?".   There are several colors of nail polish that will enhance a man or a woman by making the nails clean and healthy, and several colors that detract from the overall appearance by  screaming look at me, look at me.

2 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

The key to wearing cosmetics, whether male or female, is to make it look like you're wearing none at all. I can think of many women I wouldn't hire because of their long fake nails.  I think " how can they work in those?".   There are several colors of nail polish that will enhance a man or a woman by making the nails clean and healthy, and several colors that detract from the overall appearance by  screaming look at me, look at me.

The thing I don't understand about makeup is why women think they look good when their foundation makes it look like they applied a thick coat of paint to their face.

2 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

.I can think of many women I wouldn't hire because of their long fake nails.  I think " how can they work in those?"..

If you're a hiring authority, best to keep those thoughts to yourself. 

59 minutes ago, Rudynate said:
3 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

.I can think of many women I wouldn't hire because of their long fake nails.  I think " how can they work in those?"..

If you're a hiring authority, best to keep those thoughts to yourself. 

Thankfully, artificial nails are not yet a protected class.

18 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

Taylor Swift has made long acrylic nails hot. 

5 minutes ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

Thank you, I learn something new everyday.  I wouldn't have known that based on the name.  I just assumed she was male because this is Company of Men and we're usually discussing men. 

No big deal, she was just here for seven concerts in 80K and 100K stadiums, and there was nothing else on TV (I exaggerate) for a couple of weeks. I'm surprised her attendance at the Superbowl to watch her boyfriend play didn't saturate everyone's consciousness in the US. And now back to our regular scheduled programming.

9 minutes ago, mike carey said:

No big deal, she was just here for seven concerts in 80K and 100K stadiums, and there was nothing else on TV (I exaggerate) for a couple of weeks. I'm surprised her attendance at the Superbowl to watch her boyfriend play didn't saturate everyone's consciousness in the US. And now back to our regular scheduled programming.

I haven't watched television in over 15 years, so I wasn't aware.  I knew Las Vegas was going to host the Superbowl this year but hadn't realized it happened already.  Therefore, if there are advertisements for long artificial men's fingernails, I haven't seen them.  I have seen women trying to use them to order at kiosks at fast food restaurants, and it is laughable.

3 minutes ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

I haven't watched television in over 15 years, so I wasn't aware.  I knew Las Vegas was going to host the Superbowl this year but hadn't realized it happened already.  Therefore, if there are advertisements for long artificial men's fingernails, I haven't seen them.  I have seen women trying to use them to order at kiosks at fast food restaurants, and it is laughable.

I realize this is drifting off-topic, but I feel like you'd have to have spent the past 15 years on an isolated Island without electricity not to know who Taylor Swift is.

12 minutes ago, KensingtonHomo said:

I realize this is drifting off-topic, but I feel like you'd have to have spent the past 15 years on an isolated Island without electricity not to know who Taylor Swift is.

The last celebrity pop sensation I was aware of was Justin Bieber.  I don't remember him ever using nail polish.  But if he did, he was remembered for his talent and other aspects of his looks besides outlandish nail color.

Edited by Vegas_Millennial

9 minutes ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

The last celebrity pop sensation I was aware of was Justin Bieber.  I don't remember him ever using nail polish.  But if he did, he was remembered for his talent and other aspects of his looks besides outlandish nail color.

You're a millenial and the last pop sensation you remember was Justin Beiber? And you think he's talented? Do you also not listen to the radio? Use the internet? 😉

It's just weird because Taylor Swift (whom I don't particularly care for) is one of the most famous women in the world and she started her career a few years before Beiber. 

12 minutes ago, KensingtonHomo said:

You're a millenial and the last pop sensation you remember was Justin Beiber? And you think he's talented? Do you also not listen to the radio? Use the internet? 😉

It's just weird because Taylor Swift (whom I don't particularly care for) is one of the most famous women in the world and she started her career a few years before Beiber. 

My husband and I only have a vague idea of who Taylor Swift is.  But then, we're baby bommers, so maybe our ignorance can be excused.