How are you staying in shape?

KeepItReal
This topic is 1138 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My tennis club has finally returned to relatively normal, i.e., we can now play without face masks. We need to wear them going to and from the court, but we are allowed to take them off to play. On the court we maintain physical separation both while playing and between games, there are no high fives or fist bumps after a point or set, no hand shakes at the end of a match, and only one of the players is allowed to touch the scorecards. There is no socializing before or after at the communal area, the pro shop is closed, and one needs a key to use the restrooms; even the water coolers have been removed, so we have to bring our own fluids. It is no longer the kind of social experience that it used to be, but at least we get normal exercise.

I'm guessing I can still find the Richard Simmons tapes at Mom's house.

if you haven't heard it, look up the podcast "missing richard simmons" - it's only 8 parts or so, and it's FASCINATING

basically the guy who narrates it was a fan and friend, and is trying to figure out why richard simmons abruptly disappeared from public life

if you haven't heard it, look up the podcast "missing richard simmons" - it's only 8 parts or so, and it's FASCINATING

basically the guy who narrates it was a fan and friend, and is trying to figure out why richard simmons abruptly disappeared from public life

Probably because he got Old, possibly fat, and most likely creepy looking and doesn't want to be seen ? .... He never really was a "looker".... But if he wants to be a recluse, we should respect his choice. Remember Norma Desmond in Sunset Blvd ???

Probably because he got Old, possibly fat, and most likely creepy looking and doesn't want to be seen ? .... He never really was a "looker".... But if he wants to be a recluse, we should respect his choice. Remember Norma Desmond in Sunset Blvd ???

Would you like to call him effeminate too?

Despite his creepy and gay a block away looks he became famous and wealthy!

I've been told stories about him being a great tipper and not because he was in the closet or any other reason.

Would you like to call him effeminate too?

Despite his creepy and gay a block away looks he became famous and wealthy!

I've been told stories about him being a great tipper and not because he was in the closet or any other reason.

No, i'll leave that to you (since you just DID), eventhough its common knowledge and anyone with eyes can see it..... Don't even imply that I am GAY shaming !

No, i'll leave that to you (since you just DID), eventhough its common knowledge and anyone with eyes can see it..... Don't even imply that I am GAY shaming !

well sounded like you didn't like Richard Simmons...

wasn't effeminate implied in creepy or did you refer to his style or something else we don't know?

You’re not gay shaming, you’re just being mean.

You'd rather I lie and say he's a beautiful man ? The query was WHY Mr Simmons is in hiding, and I offered MY theory.... Case closed. I'm always amazed at the policing here and guys throwing bombs at comments, however when they make those sorts of comments, its OK and they want a Pass.... I guess there are hypocrites everywhere ? Maybe I should start throwing a few Bombs ?

You'd rather I lie and say he's a beautiful man ? The query was WHY Mr Simmons is in hiding, and I offered MY theory.... Case closed. I'm always amazed at the policing here and guys throwing bombs at comments, however when they make those sorts of comments, its OK and they want a Pass.... I guess there are hypocrites everywhere ? Maybe I should start throwing a few Bombs ?

We’ve been on many threads together. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don’t.

You have a style of thinking and writing, that’s very bold, in-your-face, and can (at times), cross the line of being offensive. I feel this is one of those times.

I once saw an interview with Richard Simmons, done by Howard Stern. Stern poked fun at (and humiliated) Simmons so bad, he made the poor man cry.

I’ve never been a fan of picking on the weak.

It’s not a good display of character.

Simmons has his reasons for being in seclusion, and making offensive comments about his appearance is not a proper answer to that question.

Someone mentioned gay stereotypes... well the one I’ve found to be true, is the image of mean spirited men who tear each other apart, for absolutely no purpose whatsoever. Maybe to deflect on their own shortcomings and misery.... or maybe to just be miserable bitches... either way... the vile, catty behavior always rears it’s ugly head.

And saying “I just answered a question”, or “I have the right to say what I want”, is bullshit.

Let’s have some class, decency, and respect. None of us are teenagers on this forum, so let’s stop acting like it.

Why say anything? Why even evaluate his looks?

Do you require for your looks to be evaluated regularly?

Let that man rest in his golden years.

Regardless of what you personally think about Richard Simmons, he left a legacy in his prime. What legacy have you left?

We’ve been on many threads together. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don’t.

You have a style of thinking and writing, that’s very bold, in-your-face, and can (at times), cross the line of being offensive. I feel this is one of those times.

I once saw an interview with Richard Simmons, done by Howard Stern. Stern poked fun at (and humiliated) Simmons so bad, he made the poor man cry.

I’ve never been a fan of picking on the weak.

It’s not a good display of character.

Simmons has his reasons for being in seclusion, and making offensive comments about his appearance is not a proper answer to that question.

Someone mentioned gay stereotypes... well the one I’ve found to be true, is the image of mean spirited men who tear each other apart, for absolutely no purpose whatsoever. Maybe to deflect on their own shortcomings and misery.... or maybe to just be miserable bitches... either way... the vile, catty behavior always tears it’s ugly head.

And saying “I just answered a question”, or “I have the right to say what I want”, is bullshit.

Let’s have some class, decency, and respect. None of us are teenagers on this forum, so let’s stop acting like it.

You are right we have been on many threads together, and yes you are right that sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't.

This is one of the times we don't...… and while you are freely offering your OPINION that I crossed a line, I deserve the same consideration to speak MY truth with YOUR criticism for it.

There have been threads where you have said some terrible things to people, and I kept quiet..... You live your life YOUR way, as do I.... I think we must respect each others rights to say what we want. Your OPINION is no greater than mine . I think many people lose sight when they criticize that they have, and are guilty of similar behavior, even if we dont recognize or acknowledge it.

I never claimed to have"class", and many of those that claim to SHOULDNT... But I do have decency and respect and so supress my opinion because some feel its negative is doing a disservice to myself......

If you'd like me to censor some of MY opinions, you should do likewise.... Let's both try and see if its possible.

Regardless of what you personally think about Richard Simmons, he left a legacy in his prime. What legacy have you left?

OH gurl, give it a rest. I dont have to have a legacy to have an Opinion and GIVE it. Dont be ludicrous trying to be Mother Teresa.....

I'll bet my entire IRA that you have commented of peoples looks MANY times in your lifetime. I know you are attempting to seem politically correct here, but you are way off base, and I am done discussing it. Have a great day, and please stay safe and well.

Agreed... beside creepy is in the eyes of the beholder, for some folks out there we're a creepy too.

Fortunately public figures like Richard Simmons have thick skin and they don't mind a blogger or someone in a forum calling them fat, creepy, etc. Considering his net worth is around 15 millions I think he's doing ok in life.

You are right we have been on many threads together, and yes you are right that sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't.

This is one of the times we don't...… and while you are freely offering your OPINION that I crossed a line, I deserve the same consideration to speak MY truth with YOUR criticism for it.

There have been threads where you have said some terrible things to people, and I kept quiet..... You live your life YOUR way, as do I.... I think we must respect each others rights to say what we want. Your OPINION is no greater than mine . I think many people lose sight when they criticize that they have, and are guilty of similar behavior, even if we dont recognize or acknowledge it.

I never claimed to have"class", and many of those that claim to SHOULDNT... But I do have decency and respect and so supress my opinion because some feel its negative is doing a disservice to myself......

If you'd like me to censor some of MY opinions, you should do likewise.... Let's both try and see if its possible.

We're all guilty of having posted something about a public figure we don't like. Once I called Ryan Lochte dumb and you got offended with me.

I see your points. However, we both know, that the only time I get raw and foul with someone, if when they ignite it, or I see them being cruel to someone else. I can confirm that I’ve never attacked anyone in a forum, just “off-the-cuff”, for no reason.

at the end of the day, just be nice.

You and I both know that those weren’t nice things to say about Richard Simmons.

OH gurl, give it a rest. I dont have to have a legacy to have an Opinion and GIVE it. Dont be ludicrous trying to be Mother Teresa.....

I'll bet my entire IRA that you have commented of peoples looks MANY times in your lifetime. I know you are attempting to seem politically correct here, but you are way off base, and I am done discussing it. Have a great day, and please stay safe and well.[/

I'll bet my entire IRA that you have commented of peoples looks MANY times in your lifetime. I know you are attempting to seem politically correct here, but you are way off base, and I am done discussing it. Have a great day, and please stay safe and well.

OK Archie

It's great and a little sad. Simmons is an interesting guy who just decided one day to stop everything.

I used to take classes at Slimmons when visiting LA.

He was a fun teacher... And somehow I was always convinced to take the class shirtless.

Edited by Benjamin_Nicholas

We're all guilty of having posted something about a public figure we don't like. Once I called Ryan Lochte dumb and you got offended with me.

I dont recall, but I believe you, so therefore the scores are even now ! Mary 1, Jerkwood 1.... see I even saved you the time of demeaning my name.

you know, a while back i suggested the idea of an NYC get together that blew up into such a bitch fight it had to be shut down.

now, i mention a podcast that i thought was a good listen and some of you are doing the same fucking thing. WTF??

Oh YES, the NYC dinner I was trying to put together, and peoples heads exploded.... Well at least the board is consistent.