How are you staying in shape?

KeepItReal
This topic is 1122 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Bike shop was open for business? ??‍♂️

Remember, this is California. Bicycles are considered an important part of the transportation system (almost every town in CA has designated bike lanes for commuters), so bike shops are specifically listed as an essential business, just like auto repair shops. The bike shop allows only one person at a time to come in, and customers must wait 6 ft apart on a line outside. There was a pretty long line outside of people with bikes that needed new tires, broken chains, etc.

Remember, this is California. Bicycles are considered an important part of the transportation system (almost every town in CA has designated bike lanes for commuters), so bike shops are specifically listed as an essential business, just like auto repair shops. The bike shop allows only one person at a time to come in, and customers must wait 6 ft apart on a line outside. There was a pretty long line outside of people with bikes that needed new tires, broken chains, etc.

This fellow SoCal resident humbly apologizes....you are 100% correct! I own “essential” businesses myself that are still open, I guess I need to look past my own nose!

Planning a self haircut soon ?

"This is California" or "I am in California"? For some of us it is still -15 C today so not great biking weather as snow banks are a pain:):)

Edited by Just966

"This is California" or "I am in Cakifornia"? For some of us it is still -15 C today so not great biking weather as snow banks are a pain:):)

A good friend stays here in Palm Springs for the winter, while her husband lives all year in the mountains in Utah. I asked if she planned to return to be with him in this trying time, and she said, "Are you kidding? There are still two feet of snow on the ground up there!"

Like many of you I'm walking. Although I live in a condo it isn't a high rise and it is located immediately adjacent to a residential neighborhood. I'm trying to walk at least three miles a day. I'm getting to know many neighbors as we greet each other and chat from across the streets. Maybe by the end of this we will have learned that getting to know ones neighbors is a nice and valuable experience.

If my house get any cleaner I'll start eating off the floor. Tomorrow I'll start a job I hate doing -- cleaning out my entire pantry. Then on to emptying all the kitchen cabinets and wiping them down. I'm having to restrict just how much cooking I do or I will gain weight and I'm not about to allow that to happen. Two meals a day; a late breakfast and and early dinner and NO snacking in between.

Like many of you I'm walking. Although I live in a condo it isn't a high rise and it is located immediately adjacent to a residential neighborhood. I'm trying to walk at least three miles a day. I'm getting to know many neighbors as we greet each other and chat from across the streets. Maybe by the end of this we will have learned that getting to know ones neighbors is a nice and valuable experience.

If my house get any cleaner I'll start eating off the floor. Tomorrow I'll start a job I hate doing -- cleaning out my entire pantry. Then on to emptying all the kitchen cabinets and wiping them down. I'm having to restrict just how much cooking I do or I will gain weight and I'm not about to allow that to happen. Two meals a day; a late breakfast and and early dinner and NO snacking in between.

I am paying my cleaning lady to stay home. I am not going to do my own cleaning at the same time.

This is California" or "I am in Cakifornia"? For some of us it is still -15 C today

Well it's suddenly down to +17C here in Canberra and cloudy. Daylight saving ends tonight. On the positive side it's allegedly going to in the low 20s at the end of the week. I need to get out and start walking. You're putting me to shame, @Epigonos.

I’m pleased to report that I’ve lost weight ...but unfortunately, I’ve not exercised enough. I do have a workout room, but I’ve been so busy even working from home that I’ve not overcome the inertia to start using it. I suspect that will change soon as I’m feeling the need for physical exertion.

This fellow SoCal resident humbly apologizes....you are 100% correct! I own “essential” businesses myself that are still open, I guess I need to look past my own nose!

Planning a self haircut soon ?

I just ordered a Wahl barber-grade trimmer. I’m not sure how the first cut will look. 2 on the top fading to 1 on the sides and back. Good that I own a lot of baseball hats!

I just ordered a Wahl barber-grade trimmer. I’m not sure how the first cut will look. 2 on the top fading to 1 on the sides and back. Good that I own a lot of baseball hats!

I’m using my Oster barber trimmer in a day or two to “buzz” my hair. I wear it almost buzzed anyway...

I’m using my Oster barber trimmer in a day or two to “buzz” my hair. I wear it almost buzzed anyway...

Ive been thinking about it - I do need a haircut. Its either going with a buzz cut or end up looking like Mr T! ?

Im doing workouts at home using dumbbells and tension bands. My coach emails me workouts and stays after me to keep my nutrition on point. Another source of workouts is Instagram. IG is thick with bodybuilders who have time on their hands and are posting workouts that can be done at home with little or no equipment. My favorite guy on IG posts a new workout every day. Yesterday he posted a back workout done all with tension bands. When I finished it, I had as good a pump as if I had gone to the gym and thrown weights around for over an hour.

I was doing to do a national show in July, which probably won't happen. To give myself a substitute goal, I booked a photo shoot with a professional physique photographer.

This sorta qualifies as maintaining mental health or at least that of any significant others with whom you might share digs.

[MEDIA=twitter]1246934509204824064[/MEDIA]

Ok, I intended to post the list, but the dance bit to which it replied fits into the general theme of the thread.

Edited by mike carey

Because many of its citizens failed to take decent precautions when using our lakefront our Mayor Lori Lightfoot got serious and closed the lakefront and all the adjacent parks. It became a meme, "Where's Lightfoot."

jtkxwr8hc6p41.0.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/whereslightfoot/

And I LOVED her for doing it, but she blew it BIG time by having her hairdresser come to her house (albeit supposedly in gloves and mask) to cut her hair. The memes, however, are hysterical!