How are you staying in shape?

KeepItReal
This topic is 1138 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I once saw an interview with Richard Simmons, done by Howard Stern. Stern poked fun at (and humiliated) Simmons so bad, he made the poor man cry.

Let me defend Stern for a moment. He was just part of the gag.

Stern and Simmons are friends and what they had on-air was a fantastic comedy routine, much like how Simmons and Dave Letterman functioned when he'd go on the Late Show. Simmons played into the role perfectly. It was always good radio/tv.

Simmons is a savvy, cut-throat businessman who understands the entertainment business and how people view him. He also knew/knows that he had an army of men and women (consumers) who loved him because of his weight loss mantras.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your points. However, we both know, that the only time I get raw and foul with someone, if when they ignite it, or I see them being cruel to someone else. I can confirm that I’ve never attacked anyone in a forum, just “off-the-cuff”, for no reason.

at the end of the day, just be nice.

You and I both know that those weren’t nice things to say about Richard Simmons.

Maybe you see your behavior THAT way, but you are seeing it thru YOUR lens, which may be a bit biased ?

My comment wasnt meant to be nice. it was meant to be honest, thru MY lens. You must be real fun to hand out with. If anyone says something YOU deem to be mean, do you shut them down and end the conversation ? Remind me never to invite you to dinner or drinks....;)

And i hope you werent implying I was racist when you called me "Archie"....?

It's great and a little sad. Simmons is an interesting guy who just decided one day to stop everything. I used to take classes at Slimmons when visiting LA. He was a fun teacher...

I guess he had enough and decided to step down but only he knows.

And somehow I was always convinced to take the class shirtless.

I guess sometimes he had good taste! ;)

One more thing he dressed like that just to be different and promote himself, he was almost a reality TV star before we knew it. He sold a product and part of it was being genuine and discrete not discreet.

you know, a while back i suggested the idea of an NYC get together that blew up into such a bitch fight it had to be shut down.

now, i mention a podcast that i thought was a good listen and some of you are doing the same fucking thing. WTF??

Maybe you see your behavior THAT way, but you are seeing it thru YOUR lens, which may be a bit biased ?

My comment wasnt meant to be nice. it was meant to be honest, thru MY lens. You must be real fun to hand out with. If anyone says something YOU deem to be mean, do you shut them down and end the conversation ? Remind me never to invite you to dinner or drinks....;)

And i hope you werent implying I was racist when you called me "Archie"....?

I wasn’t implying you were a racist when calling you “Archie”, and note: I do not think you’re a racist.

It’s the whole persona of Archie that you remind me of:

1.) funny

2.) stubborn

3.) unapologetically politically incorrect

4.) cantankerous as hell

I would actually love a few face to face drinks with you... a toe to toe discussion with me and you would be perfect (debating each other into the ground) ☺️??

I’m even more relentless in person, and you’d love it.

You like dishing it out, but can’t take it... the moment someone challenges you, the words become “all caps”, and the tone changes...

But guess what? I’m not bothered... ☺️

I’m not sensitive, or easily offended. There’s nothing you can say that will ever make me retreat.... ???... Your little jabs and insults you insert into your responses are quite cute and weak actually.

My point remains that you were being unnecessarily mean and that’s it. Just own up to it.

[quote="jjkrkwood, post: 1910410, member: 8797

I'll bet my entire IRA that you have commented of peoples looks MANY times in your lifetime.

Well prepare to transfer those funds over, because I don’t. I roast people for lack of depth and consideration in their behaviors and character. Rude, obnoxious jerks will always get grief from me.

An abhorrent personality triggers me far more than an interpretation of someone’s looks.

[quote="jjkrkwood, post: 1910410, member: 8797

I'll bet my entire IRA that you have commented of peoples looks MANY times in your lifetime.

Well prepare to transfer those funds over, because I don’t. I roast people for lack of depth and consideration in their behaviors and character. Rude, obnoxious jerks will always get grief from me.

An abhorrent personality triggers me far more than an interpretation of someone’s looks.

The conclusions you come to, and that you keep going on about are merely YOUR opinions, and we all know, "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one". Just because YOU have come to a conclusion about me, my style, my personality or lack therefore, etc, doesn't mean its true. It simply means its your impression of me, and that's fine...We all draw conclusions about people from their behavior. But I wouldn't say all those things you called me in these presentations were you being NICE, but I guess its OK for you to say because you decided I deserved it..... and you are the ultimate authority here in handing out punishment.... If I can't take rebuttle, guess what, it looks like neither can you. Oh wait, you are right so why in hell would I criticize you? And as you can see, I am very much like you.... relentless and steadfast in defense of my choices. Only it seems OK for you but not for me.... If you need to have that, OK, i'll let you..... And BTW, I've set aside 100K gift for you because I've enjoyed our banter. (had to keep the rest to hire once we are emancipated)

Like I said 2 pages ago, I hope you stay safe and well.....and ready to fight me again....:cool:

The conclusions you come to, and that you keep going on about are merely YOUR opinions, and we all know, "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one". Just because YOU have come to a conclusion about me, my style, my personality or lack therefore, etc, doesn't mean its true. It simply means its your impression of me, and that's fine...We all draw conclusions about people from their behavior. But I wouldn't say all those things you called me in these presentations were you being NICE, but I guess its OK for you to say because you decided I deserved it..... and you are the ultimate authority here in handing out punishment.... If I can't take rebuttle, guess what, it looks like neither can you. Oh wait, you are right so why in hell would I criticize you? And as you can see, I am very much like you.... relentless and steadfast in defense of my choices. Only it seems OK for you but not for me.... If you need to have that, OK, i'll let you..... And BTW, I've set aside 100K gift for you because I've enjoyed our banter. (had to keep the rest to hire once we are emancipated)

Like I said 2 pages ago, I hope you stay safe and well.....and ready to fight me again....:cool:

Ummm.... my opinions of you are actually based on what you speak of yourself.

Anywho,

I’ll take my gift via wire transfer....

For your remaining funds.... Better make sure whomever you hire doesn’t have the same standards of “beauty”, that you have .... ?.....

Ummm.... my opinions of you are actually based on what you speak of yourself.

Anywho,

I’ll take my gift via wire transfer....

For your remaining funds.... Better make sure whomever you hire doesn’t have the same standards of “beauty”, that you have .... ?.....

Don't worry, I always have to pay EXTRA because I'm so heinous..... BTW I know you sometimes view my posts in the pic Gallery, so I am sure its clear what my standards of beauty are..... If I simply posted pics of Mr Simmons, I'm certain I wouldnt have many followers there? But isnt it silly we are arguing over HIM ? Gee, he would be flattered.

I am afraid that staying indoors so much during this time of isolation, (along with the inevitable snacking) is going to turn me into a whale of a guy! May even impact my immune system...

How are you staying in shape with gyms closed and public parks too crowded?

There are a bunch of Instagram celebrities offering advice. And paid coaching. Or maybe join a service for at home exercise like Obe fitness? Some of those guys are really cute too!! ?

I don't like the idea of Peloton which requires expensive equipment and a hefty monthly fee.

I climb my hill daily at least two times (2 miles). Sometimes 4x. My trainer sees me 2x a week at a private downlow underground location... It's like Fight Club but without the fighting. But I don't tell anyone about my secret DL location that I am able to train at with weights. Watch my calories. Also bought some basic workout equipment for my home workouts. Weights are hard to find, but I managed to find a few by driving to 6 different Walmarts the day the shutdown happened back in March. When I saw Gavin I jumped into my convertible and basically drove from town to town till I got a basic collection as I knew the weights were about to disappear.

I climb my hill daily at least two times (2 miles). Sometimes 4x. My trainer sees me 2x a week at a private downlow underground location... It's like Fight Club but without the fighting. But I don't tell anyone about my secret DL location that I am able to train at with weights. Watch my calories. Also bought some basic workout equipment for my home workouts. Weights are hard to find, but I managed to find a few by driving to 6 different Walmarts the day the shutdown happened back in March. When I saw Gavin I jumped into my convertible and basically drove from town to town till I got a basic collection as I knew the weights were about to disappear.

That down low location you wonk out at can't be that much of a secret since you let all of us know. So, where is it? ;)

As of today, sporting equipment stores in CA are allowed to re-open, but with curbside pick-up, so you get to workout even before you are home.

I think the motivation of staying in shape for a lot of us is being able to go out and hunt, or stay in and hire... If we are partnering up, we want to be our best selves and LOOK our best, and desirable. but being home, alone, well I figure, what's the point, so instead of picking up my weights, I pick up a Milky Way... or a Kit Kat...… and then get into bed to watch cooking shows or Real Housewives....

If this quarantine doesn't end soon, they have to CUT me out of this house...! o_O

I've been hiking in the hills, until today when it hit 95. No go. At least yesterday, I finally saw a California Kingsnake instead of a rattlesnake on the footpath. Kingsnakes eat rattlesnakes. Yay!

IMG-5201.jpg

O51sUENZoupFhzRDl4cw_wai-MIIafCtCYjGBAhs95uyv4HALFyS0p6QoTttkf2pP3EAMiGDT9JFNAef9bZXN0mkSwcqeMlLh5zuIfNBbmvl7R-oe3g3FQ