How are you staying in shape?

KeepItReal
This topic is 1122 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play tennis; don't discuss religion.

I had a similar experience long ago when the extremely attractive office janitor asked me if I wanted to play tennis. I feel in love after the first set.

I play tennis so the massage helps my body relax after playing all morning.

Riverside county announced yesterday that they will allow golf courses to reopen for recreational play (no tournaments), but with all sorts of restrictions on the players and course management. They also said tennis and pickleball courts can reopen, but players must wear face masks. When tennis was still allowed, we were managing to keep social distancing, but it seems to me that would be much harder on the smaller pickleball court. I will definitely need a different kind of mask than my usual one to play tennis.

While I was still able to play tennis, we had eliminated the high fives and fist bumps at the end of a match; everyone was touching the ends of our racquet heads against the other (also enables social distancing across the net).

"Worst" Lady Melania Trump announced the unveiling of a project she has been working on for 2 years, which is " VITAL to America". She will be introducing and showcasing the NEW TENNIS PAVILION at the White House.

I wear a $20 Casio watch while I play tennis. I'm usually the only one on the court wearing a watch, so everyone is always asking me the time.

3637ddf0590301394cbf005056a9545d

I fell off the wagon during the holidays and have been trying to get back to working out and eating (and drinking) clean for the past couple of weeks. As some of you know, I also rescued two rough collie pups at 8 weeks old that have been equally challenging. In fact, they wear me out. But, they're nearly 4 months old now, house broken and learning new stuff every day. I LOVE them!

I'll get my second injection soon and after that I plan on resuming my swimming workouts. I have not been to the gym in over a year. I've just been lifting dumbbells at home and walking in my neighborhood. I need a vacation from Dallas, too!

0:38 mark, a re-creation of a real event

Of course, he did not leap over the net: he held it down and stepped over it. He was a middle-aged man and not foolish enough to try to leap over and possibly fall on his face. At its lowest point (in the middle), a tennis net is 3 feet high, so only a very tall player is likely to have long enough legs to step over it without pushing it down, and most nets are too tightly strung to push down easily.

Edited by Charlie

I keep buying more equipment for our home gym - my husband ordered me not to buy any more. The latest was a wedge for doing squats. Its getting very crowded. One of my goals for the year is to not have to rent our in-law unit anymore. I'm tired of having tenants in my house. Just recently, I sat down and did the math, and realized that we're a lot closer to being able to do it than I thought. My husband can have the in-law unit for his art, I can turn the garage into a gym and we get our living room back.

• 3 weeks later...