What are you binge-watching?

BSR

I just started watching Line of Duty streaming on Prime. I’m into season 3 and and really liking it. British police show centered around their Anti Corruption unit.

I’m bumping my own thread here, and once again I’ll mention “line of duty“. I got totally addicted to the show immediately, four seasons available on Amazon prime, I bought season 5 for I think $19 to finish binge watching all available episodes.

Great British police drama, sub plots that roll over season to season. Multiple thumbs up ????

• 2 weeks later...
Binged all the way through Ozark, S1, S2, and S3.

Wendy is amazingly clever,

tumblr_inline_otsxhiLzP81t0ijhl_500.gif

but my money is on Marty.

tumblr_otnxsxn9Os1uzry01o1_r1_500.gif

Just finished S3. All the good buzz is well deserved. Ben tore my heart apart. He and Laura Linney deserve Emmys. It reminded me of a brother-sister movie Linney made with a very young Mark Ruffalo "You Can Count On Me." Seek it out. It's worth your time.

Edited by tchm

Something a lover of classical and liturgical music along with hot Gallic male beauty can enjoy - https://watch.mhzchoice.com/the-churchmen

Very moving and unbelievably quite engrossing at times. Sorry to report, none of the famed nudity usually seen in European movies and TV. There is a gay romance storyline involving a couple of the characters, though.

P. S. Also available through Amazon streaming video.

Just finished S3. All the good buzz is well deserved. Ben tore my heart apart. He and Laura Linney deserve Emmys. It reminded me of a brother-sister movie Linney made with a very young Mark Ruffalo "You Can Count On Me." Seek it out. It's worth your time.

I've got to give a shout out to Spencer Neville, in a few episodes in Ozark Season 1

the city boy that Charlotte lost her virginity to

827278d20eb22a19841bbc104c063a05.jpg

I've got to give a shout out to Spencer Neville, in a few episodes in Ozark Season 1

the city boy that Charlotte lost her virginity to

827278d20eb22a19841bbc104c063a05.jpg

Thanks for posting this info @poolboy48220 I’ve always lusted for Spencer Neville...but I watched Ozark S1 a while back and I can’t believe I didn’t recognize him.

Did Spencer not shed his clothes and show his wonderful physique on the show? Or was that perhaps only for the casting couch?

Thanks for posting this info @poolboy48220 I’ve always lusted for Spencer Neville...but I watched Ozark S1 a while back and I can’t believe I didn’t recognize him.

Did Spencer not shed his clothes and show his wonderful physique on the show? Or was that perhaps only for the casting couch?

He was shirtless in a pair of swim trunks for most of the second episode he was in, but that's about it. He had a nice trail, I couldn't find any pictures of him showing that.

Edited by poolboy48220

So far during the present lock-down, in no particular order, I've binged on:

The Politician (pretty good)

The Windsors (meh)

The Assassination of Gianni Versace (absorbing)

After Life (I have a hard time keeping focused on it - on the series, not the topic!)

Hollywood (great! until the end, which wasn't so great)

Designated Survivor (great in the beginning, lost its mojo eventually)

Episodes (for the second time, I think)

Babylon Berlin (fantastic)

The Valhalla Murders (loved it, but I once studied [Old] Icelandic)

I've just started White Lines. (not sure what I think yet, but at this point it doesn't make me want to go to Ibiza.)

*** UPDATE: I'm in episode 4 and I realize I don't care about the selfish bastard brother who was killed or his totally f*ckwit sister, who wants to solve his murder and seems to ruin every other life she intersects with, self-centered (runs in the family) idiot that she is. But I've got this far. I'll probably continue through the series. Thank god there's only one season.***

I keep dipping into Rise of Empires - the Ottomans. I like its insight into the character of Mehmet. Practically nothing on Constantine. Very much from the Turkish perspective.

Plus a bunch of movies. The Coen Brothers are growing on me, as are Paul Thomas Anderson and Ryan Murphy.

Edited by BgMstr4u

Just finished the last season of Ozark. WOW. I'm growing to find it a bit improbable, in that Marty & Wendy would have been arrested or killed long ago, but I'm still enjoying it. ANOTHER series that I'm going to have to wait a year or more to find out what happens next.

I am gearing up for Valhalla Murders (Netflix), something broodily Nordic to contrast with satirical comedy The Great. The Great is on Hulu, not easily accessed in Canada, but I discovered it is on Apple TV where I have the initial year free.

Near the end of latest Stranger Things. An inevitable gay self-outing between nosebleeds.

Binge watched Upload in three days... Amazon Prime. Recommended!

Started Hunters on Amazon Prime 4 days ago. Two episodes remain. I am enjoying, but with reservations. It's often uneven, feels amateurish. I cringe a bit at the comic book or graphic novel styling used on a topic like Nazis, the Holocaust, etc.

Well, in case anyone's interested, I watched all 10 episodes of White Lines. Not sorry I did, if only to satisfy curiosity. All I can say is, It's enough to put you off clubbing, loud music, drugs, beaches, rich people, ambitious, sexy and dangerous blond djs, Romanians in little boats and their relatives in big truck living rooms, scuba diving, little red sports cars, drug-based new age spirituality, pet funerals, fucked up English families, fucked up Spanish families, brother/sister obsessions, mother/son obsessions, four-sided friendships, birthday parties, Ibiza and women, especially naive/narcissistic women without a clue what they are doing to everyone around them, for life.

Edited by BgMstr4u

Well, in case anyone's interested, I watched all 10 episodes of White Lines. Not sorry I did, if only to satisfy curiosity. All I can say is, It's enough to put you off clubbing, loud music, drugs, beaches, rich people, ambitious, sexy and dangerous blond djs, Romanians in little boats and their relatives in big truck living rooms, scuba diving, little red sports cars, drug-based new age spirituality, pet funerals, fucked up English families, fucked up Spanish families, brother/sister obsessions, mother/son obsessions, four-sided friendships, birthday parties, Ibiza and women, especially naive/narcissistic women without a clue what they are doing to everyone around them, for life.

In light of your descriptions, I'm not tempted to watch "White Lines," but I have to ask: what on earth is a "big truck living room"?

Not to be a plot spoiler, but it’s a large truck with flexible walls fitted out as a living room. Quite sinister, actually, in a sort of over-the-top gangster kind of way. A little like the sort of place your mad aunt might have, but on the bed of a truck. Complete with unsatisfactory relatives.

I’m surprised you saw it all @BgMstr4u I’ve only watched Episode 1 so far, and the show seems rather trashy.

It did bring back memories of visiting the White Island in 2001-2003. I never went clubbing much but I recall fondly the night I went to a very big club by the end of the airport runway and danced with a near-naked muscleboy who was wearing just a speedo.

Wow! Toward the end of the series the protagonist plans a very big club by the end of the airport runway. I wonder if it actually existed.

Trashy for sure. I like trash in entertainment, not so much in life. I went back and read my list again ... they really packed a lot in. It has a certain fascination, both the psychological dysfunction of the main characters and the sociological situation. The “best” character is a lovable, honest, integrity-filled bouncer/enforcer/thug who’s really good at hurting people. Your go-to guy for a clinically clean, untraceable murder. You just have to love him. Perhaps there’s a message there but I’m not sure what it is.

Edited by BgMstr4u

the protagonist plans a very big club by the end of the airport runway. I wonder if it actually existed.

Definitely! That’s the place I met the muscleboy. He was dancing on a podium in this huge space (an old aircraft hangar, I think). The club was named DC or DC10 IIRC