What are you binge-watching?

BSR

Mad Men (Which I surprisingly missed the first time around!) It's an interesting depiction of my youth, however the cigarette smoking is enough to knock me over!

Peace,

Kipp

How people used to smoke at work, including cigars!

Love that show.

Westworld was great season 1 but then season 2 they couldn't remember what they were about except gratuitous killing, killing, killing, culminating in that ridiculous visit to SamuriTown.wtf. I guess they noticed their Rotten Tomatoes viewer score dropped 20 points and brought back the original story and Anthony Hopkins. Haven't seen the new season 3 episodes yet. My friend said that Westworld and The Outsider that I watched through, were not the best "entertainment" for coronavirus time and he's probably right. I feel Tiger King coming on. Comedy needed.

Wow, according to this article, "Money Heist" is the most popular series in the world, bigger than super-hits like Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, or Westworld - quite an accomplishment for any series, even more so for a non-English language series.

No word yet on when they're releasing Season 5. It will probably be quite a while since they just released Season 4. Apparently they haven't even started shooting.

I'm so happy for the cast, most of whom I've seen in other series. A bunch of unknown (outside of Spain, at least) actors who signed on to a limited-run Spanish show are now international superstars on a series that should see many more seasons.

I remember when my boss went over to see Rage Against the Machine years ago at Coachella, how he talked about standing near a man with a pink mohawk and wearing a metallic silver bikini. I streamed the YouTube Coachella documentary this afternoon. If anyone is into music festival nostalgia, it is a pretty good history of the festival. It's an OK documentary considering how much ground they covered.

Then I streamed Madonna's 2006 Coachella show, which was right before the Confessions tour. Not a great concert movie but a fun watch.

and now re-watching the Madonna Confessions concert movie. I still remember when NBC aired this. Great show.

Now I'm binge-watching old TV shows on YouTube.

I watched an episode of Dick Cavett with Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett.

Also watching original What's My Line episodes e.g. with Jack Lemmon, and old clips from Ed Sullivan, e.g. The Beatles and on and on.

Here is Johnny Mathis singing Someone. Love this one. Worthy of your big screen. Such a sweet looking guy and wonderful voice.

I watch Politician with Ben Platt. Interesting considering it is set in a high school. Platt's character has oldertwin brothers, in their 20's, who are seen infrequently without shirts. They are hot but not on screen enough to make it worthwhile to watch for them alone.

Agreed.

I always assumed Fleabag must be good from the Emmy's and so on, but never watched until last night. It's pretty unique. I laughed a lot. I'm into the 4th epi of S1. The American character seems without boundaries, and his son is apparently not playing with a full deck. Is that how some Brits think of us??? ;)

giphy.gif

They take no prisoners in this one. All the characters have flaws and it gets a little bit wild, especially sexually. I really love it so far. Looking forward to Andrew Scott, season 2!!

tenor.gif

Edited by E.T.Bass

I always assumed Fleabag must be good from the Emmy's and so on, but never watched until last night. It's pretty unique. I laughed a lot. I'm into the 4th epi of S1. The American character seems without boundaries, and his son is apparently not playing with a full deck. Is that how some Brits think of us??? ;)

giphy.gif

They take no prisoners in this one. All the characters have flaws and it gets a little bit wild, especially sexually. I really love it so far. Looking forward to Andrew Scott, season 2!!

tenor.gif

Is Fleabag on HBO, or Netflix or ???? Thanks.

"Binge-watching" is normally watching a bunch of episodes in an all-day/night marathon. But if it's just one 3h40m episode, does it still count as a binge?

"Masterchef" (Spain) Season 8 started today. It's my favorite show, I'm totally hooked. I've never seen the U.S. version, but I think it's just an hour, ~40 minutes after commercials. Masterchef Spain's episodes are 3+ hour marathons, no commercials.

This edition features 3 hotties, and unfortunately, the hottest of the whole bunch was eliminated in this first week. At least two are still in it, and the show is terrific even without the eye candy. The nerves, the pressure, the kitchen calamities - all make for a great reality show. It will be my Monday night viewing for the next 4 months.

If you’re a SciFi fan, I totally binged on the two available seasons of Dark on Netflix. A German cross of Stranger Things and This is Us. There’s a final season 3 in the works.

Also really enjoyed the 4 episode Shtisel on Netflix. Young married women in Brooklyn flees her ultra-orthodox Jewish family for Berlin. I’ve decided to read the book.

If you’re a SciFi fan, I totally binged on the two available seasons of Dark on Netflix. A German cross of Stranger Things and This is Us. There’s a final season 3 in the works.

Also really enjoyed the 4 episode Shtisel on Netflix. Young married women in Brooklyn flees her ultra-orthodox Jewish family for Berlin. I’ve decided to read the book.

Dark and also Black Mirror are two faves in my house. I watched Dark in its original German with English sub titles, not dubbed. Better viewing experience.

"Binge-watching" is normally watching a bunch of episodes in an all-day/night marathon. But if it's just one 3h40m episode, does it still count as a binge?

"Masterchef" (Spain) Season 8 started today. It's my favorite show, I'm totally hooked. I've never seen the U.S. version, but I think it's just an hour, ~40 minutes after commercials. Masterchef Spain's episodes are 3+ hour marathons, no commercials.

This edition features 3 hotties, and unfortunately, the hottest of the whole bunch was eliminated in this first week. At least two are still in it, and the show is terrific even without the eye candy. The nerves, the pressure, the kitchen calamities - all make for a great reality show. It will be my Monday night viewing for the next 4 months.

I know that may not be right but if that is what you want to call it, call it that. I have used it to describe when I watch one multi-episode program when I choose to watch something "special." For instance, I started watching Babylon Berlin and while I would still watch my MSNBC/PBS news programs if I want to watch something else I will watch Babylon until I am finished with that. Then I will start another multi-episode series. But I know that other people have other definitions.

The Sinner, on USA channel is a must see binge. It just wrapped the season and I watched weekly but it would make for a perfect binge... Congrats to the gorgeous and Talented Matt Bomer for a season well done. Playing the str8, married and tormented professor Jamie Burns, who's dark past comes back to haunt him, it has suspense, intrigue, drama, surprise and homo-erotic undertones... It will pull you in.... Make some popcorn and sit down for a watch-see....

thesinner_cast_matt_bomer.jpg

Thanks so much @jjkrkwood for highlighting this gem. I’d never heard of it until reading your post. Decided to check it since I love murder mysteries. Binged the first two seasons on Netflix. Great atmosphere, flawed heros, redeemed sinners. Going to pay the $20 iTunes fee to watch season 3 without commercials.

FYI coronavirus bingewatchers:

Watching Better Call Saul on Netflix I discovered the world of opening up certain, even future, episodes through VPN. The licensing issues are mostly US so VPNs often allow you to watch episodes not available, or only available for a fee. For example Seasons 1-4 are available on US Netflix free. On AMC season 5 episodes are available for 2 weeks after first airing only and other Season 5 episodes are very expansive on Prime, etc. However setting my VPN to Berlin ( a Non-P2P VPN) and signing into Netflix from there (it takes a couple tries before Netflix relents), all 10 Season 5 episodes are available for free immediately. This may well work for many other series.

I use AVG VPN which is free for 7 days (or $10 for 5 machines for 1 year on Newegg) and easy to use but there are many available.

Of course one is using VPN for privacy, not to evade fees.

Edited by tassojunior