What are you binge-watching?

BSR

Either that, or the "rewind" feature to listen again to something you missed. My Roku has a great closed caption option, "Only caption for rewinds", just for people like me.

Now that’s a cool feature I must investigate! I have multiple Roku but use them mainly for travel. I also have AppleTV but since buying a Sony/Android-type TV earlier this year I find myself using all the built in apps for streaming and never go to my external inputs.

So far during the present lock-down, in no particular order, I've binged on:

The Politician (pretty good)

The Windsors (meh)

The Assassination of Gianni Versace (absorbing)

After Life (I have a hard time keeping focused on it - on the series, not the topic!)

Hollywood (great! until the end, which wasn't so great)

Designated Survivor (great in the beginning, lost its mojo eventually)

Episodes (for the second time, I think)

Babylon Berlin (fantastic)

The Valhalla Murders (loved it, but I once studied [Old] Icelandic)

I've just started White Lines. (not sure what I think yet, but at this point it doesn't make me want to go to Ibiza.)

*** UPDATE: I'm in episode 4 and I realize I don't care about the selfish bastard brother who was killed or his totally f*ckwit sister, who wants to solve his murder and seems to ruin every other life she intersects with, self-centered (runs in the family) idiot that she is. But I've got this far. I'll probably continue through the series. Thank god there's only one season.***

I keep dipping into Rise of Empires - the Ottomans. I like its insight into the character of Mehmet. Practically nothing on Constantine. Very much from the Turkish perspective.

Plus a bunch of movies. The Coen Brothers are growing on me, as are Paul Thomas Anderson and Ryan Murphy.

I actually thought the Netflix season of Designated Survivor was it's best overall. I really thought it was interesting idea having real interviews embedded in each episode.

I just binged the entire series of 13 Reasons Why in basically a week. I didn't get to see the original final episode of season one but I was hooked right from the start. Terrific acting, writing, directing, music, etc. It was a great show. I was surprised to find out how much I saw myself in Clay.

I started it last night, English with English subtitles. The tramp in me has to ask, any nudity beyond that sex scene in episode 1?

Nah. A few booby shots here and there along with some unrevealing teenage suggested intercourse.

I finished "Dark" over the weekend, looking forward to season 3 premiering later this week. I had a hard time keeping straight who was who; I'm not sure if that's because it's in German (I watched English translation, with English subtitles), or just that the family lineages get kind of complicated. I was actually kinda proud of myself when Jonah started pulling away from Martha, and realized "wait a second - she's his aunt".

[*]Élite: this one gets my biggest thumbs up. A murder mystery/drama set in a posh private high school in the Madrid outskirts. My big beef with the show, like so many teen dramas, is that the 20-something cast looks like they're in the 20s, not high school. But once you forgive them for that, the show is great soapy fun: cheesey-good melodrama, engaging characters, and a sexy cast not the least bit shy about showing skin. I loved the gay love story, Ander & Omar. Ander has a smokin' bod, and Omar's eyes just melt me. The actors have great chemistry, and you totally buy into them as a couple. I'm so glad they'll both be in Season 4.

Just finished S3. This was my guiltiest of guilty pleasures. There were some episodes that were eye rollers but all in all, a fun sexy binge-worthy romp. They were not kidding about the sex/nudity warning. Throw in a bit of incest, a threesome ("there are only 3 people, so technically, it's not an orgy." LOL on that line) , drugs, straight, bi and gay sex, and 2 murder mysteries to boot, what more can a binge-watcher ask for.

The incredibly young attractive cast are not bad actors actually. (Lu and "Omander" were my favorites.) I was even surprisingly moved and teary eyed at the finale. Would definitely watch S4.

Edited by tchm

[THE INMATE]: A Mexican prison drama. I was expecting/hoping for a Latino OZ but, meh, not even close. Lost interest midway S2. Lead is sexy though with some bum shots in the shower but no Christopher Meloni type frontals.

Élite, WOW!

Barely into it but loving the show. Funny side bit: “Christian” looks *exactly* like a local young 20ish friend that I meet up with on occasion. Eerie doppelgänger! Makes it more fun when Christian shows skin ?

Élite: this one gets my biggest thumbs up. A murder mystery/drama set in a posh private high school in the Madrid outskirts. My big beef with the show, like so many teen dramas, is that the 20-something cast looks like they're in the 20s, not high school. But once you forgive them for that, the show is great soapy fun: cheesey-good melodrama, engaging characters, and a sexy cast not the least bit shy about showing skin. I loved the gay love story, Ander & Omar. Ander has a smokin' bod, and Omar's eyes just melt me. The actors have great chemistry, and you totally buy into them as a couple. I'm so glad they'll both be in Season 4.

the show is great soapy fun: cheesey-good melodrama, engaging characters, and a sexy cast not the least bit shy about showing skin.

Holy sh*t, perfect description and a murder mystery to boot!! Elite just sucked me in and can’t stop watching. My new guilty pleasure. Thanks for the recom. Edited by EVdude