What are you binge-watching?

BSR

Latest pleasure is Hulu's Love, Victor. Enjoying it very much. Will finish complete season in 2 days. Bonus incentive, British actor, George Sear as Benji...who I've liked from Disney channel's Evermore Chronicles, Into the Badlands and most recently, Alex Rider.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yJmSwTse5a0/Vh67AtdvK5I/AAAAAAABMFw/QSqDNE8zO9E/s1600/1.jpg

Edited by down_to_business

It isn't really binge watching I know but if you get a chance watch the limited series I Will Be Gone In The Dark. It is the story of a very talented magazine and crime blog writer who becomes obsessed with a series of sexual assaults and murders that she is convinced are all committed by the same person. The assaults/murders occurred in California in the 70s and 80s and her investigation takes place in over two decades later. In investigating for the article and then a book she begins to author she speaks to as many people who had anything to do with the original crimes as possible but did as much new investigation that she could. You see what a creative investigative mind she had so that the investigation was able to go in many different directions. Particularly as the crimes were not at first connected themselves in any way. She also was a very down to earth person and mother who was married to the comedian Pat Patton Oswalt. I was totally absorbed by the series. The below is an NPR interview interviewing her husband and the director of the series.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/26/883496022/hbos-ill-be-gone-in-the-dark-brings-the-golden-state-killer-to-the-small-screen

I just finished the first two seasons of "Babylon Berlin" and I'm getting ready to see the third season. The Germans make great films and TV Series if you don't mind subtitles. My high school German doesn't go very far so I appreciate the subtitles.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80136321

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4378376

I just finished the first two seasons of "Babylon Berlin" and I'm getting ready to see the third season. The Germans make great films and TV Series if you don't mind subtitles. My high school German doesn't go very far so I appreciate the subtitles.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80136321

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4378376

I loved the first two seasons. The third one not so much. But still worth watching.

It isn't really binge watching I know but if you get a chance watch the limited series I Will Be Gone In The Dark. It is the story of a very talented magazine and crime blog writer who becomes obsessed with a series of sexual assaults and murders that she is convinced are all committed by the same person. The assaults/murders occurred in California in the 70s and 80s and her investigation takes place in over two decades later. In investigating for the article and then a book she begins to author she speaks to as many people who had anything to do with the original crimes as possible but did as much new investigation that she could. You see what a creative investigative mind she had so that the investigation was able to go in many different directions. Particularly as the crimes were not at first connected themselves in any way. She also was a very down to earth person and mother who was married to the comedian Pat Patton Oswalt. I was totally absorbed by the series. The below is an NPR interview interviewing her husband and the director of the series.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/26/883496022/hbos-ill-be-gone-in-the-dark-brings-the-golden-state-killer-to-the-small-screen

I started watching this a couple days ago and am really enjoying it. The discussions in episode 2 about the rape-victim-shaming culture that was prevalent in the 70's are unsettling, and that's from someone who remembers that time well.

I was turned off by the title of "Schitt's Creek," thinking that meant it was a bunch of teenage humor based on obscenities. I was so wrong! I watched the 1st episode, then binged the whole series over 2 days. What a clever comedy that also has a lot of heart. There are 4 primary characters, so it distorts the story to say it's all about David + Patrick the way some fansites talk, but their story is certainly well done. (If David & Patrick aren't enough for you, Alexis has some hot bfs.)

tenor.gif?itemid=15589695

The guiltiest of guilty pleasures is back! Yuppers, your favorite crew of Marbellan male strippers will return. No details on when exactly we'll see Toy Boy returning to Netflix, but a second season has been confirmed.

Please oh please, give Germán a bigger role. He was mostly just eye candy in Season 1, not involved in any major storylines.

Just finished OUTCRY on Showtime. Its a doc series about a seriously-bungled case where a high school football star was charged with molesting a four year old boy. Expertly told story as the levels of incompetence and corruption in the criminal justice system are gradually revealed.

I'm getting more hooked on "I'll Be Gone in the Dark". I am having a hard time NOT googling to find whether the EAR/ONS guy was ever caught, I don't want to spoil it. I remember browsing the Downton Abbey wiki before I was caught up on the series and unexpectedly found out some things... :-(

I'm getting more hooked on "I'll Be Gone in the Dark". I am having a hard time NOT googling to find whether the EAR/ONS guy was ever caught, I don't want to spoil it. I remember browsing the Downton Abbey wiki before I was caught up on the series and unexpectedly found out some things... :-(

I was just about to post on this series too. Can't wait to see how it all comes out. I love the fact that the series is just as much about the author/investigator as it is about the rapist/murderer.

I don't know if six episodes qualifies as a binge. "Monty Python: Almost The Truth", a documentary series, is on Netflix. The first episode was about each of of their childhoods., their early careers, how some of them met each other & started working with each other individually before forming the group. I've been a huge huge Monty Python fan since 1975. I was glued to it. 20-year-old John Cleese is very hot.

I remember browsing the Downton Abbey wiki before I was caught up on the series and unexpectedly found out some things... :-(

Spoiler: All 6 seasons of Downton were just Lady Mary's dream. Oh, wait, that was Pamela Ewing in Dallas. :) But seriously, yes, wiki's can surprisingly give away WAY too much.

How do you like the show? I've heard good things, and the trailer is awesome.

This is not your father‘s Raymond Burr rehash. Edgy, sexy, gutsy, moves along quickly. Jonathan Lithgow is outstanding and you’ll not recognize Stephen Root as the evil prosecutor. And whoever would have thought Della Street likes girls? Matthew Rhys provides plenty of eye candy while smoking, drinking and saying “fuck” about every other sentence.

The producers of "Money Heist" have confirmed that the upcoming fifth season will also be the last for Netflix's most successful non-English language series. Alas, all good things must come to an end. As much as I love the show, I don't see how they could stretch it out beyond Season 5, and nothing is worse than a great series that goes to sh*t because the producers dragged it out for too long.

Miguel Angel Silvestre from Sense8 & Narcos will be joining the cast, so we'll have some eye candy to look forward to. Show runner Alex Pina said that they've been working on the series finale for almost a year and seems confident that this last season will be the best ever. Shooting to start soon, but of course no word yet on when Season 5 will debut on Netflix.

"Star Trek: Lower Decks" started this week on CBS All Access. Animated comedy about the support crew on a not-very-prominent Starfleet ship. First episode was pretty funny, and a tiny bit of animated nudity :) Netflix has spoiled me, I'm not used to waiting a week for the next episode; I guess in that sense it won't qualify for "binge" watching until the season ends. Looks like they have 23 episodes planned?

• 3 weeks later...

Been stumbling across some good Australian TV lately

Not fully binging yet but have been enjoying

RAKE on Netflix. Telecast 2010-17 I think. Contemporary courtroom drama, centered around a defense attorney who lives the low life, tries to be a good divorced dad, gambles with dangerous people, is hot and raggedy-handsome, even in the barrister wig. Lots of sex and nudity. Funny. Good twists.

Lucifer-the new season just started OMG

Ozark-wow...just wow...every episode

Great British bake off & Ancient aliens-background noise whilesurfing the net

the Legend of Kora-for a cartoon I’m surprised how good it is

I may destroy you - extremely serious subject matter but the accents are so strong I have to put on the subtitles