What are you binge-watching?

BSR

On 6/19/2022 at 1:52 PM, kyleham said:

I just finished binging The Lincoln Lawyer. Wasn't really into it until I found out it was another David E Kelly production. Can he do anything wrong? Kept my interest and a well acted cast.

Ryan Phillippe should have taken his clothes off

I've watched the Netflix series "Heartstopper" over and over for weeks now.

Very sweet story of a gay kid and a previously str8 "Rugby-boy" who discovers he's attracted to the gay kid. One of the few romantic BISEXUAL stories I've seen done about high school coming-of-age kids struggling with sexual identity.

It touches memories from my own high school years fantasizing about 'getting with' the boys even though I was romantically ( and physically) involved with a girlfriend. I didn't even know there WAS such a thing as bisexual until I was a Sophomore in college !

Fascinated by the "what-if's" had I been more aware, as a young man, that there's a range of sexuality. It's not all *this* or *that* and be sure to pick a side.

Edited by pubic_assistance

I just finished binging The Lincoln Lawyer. Wasn't really into it until I found out it was another David E Kelly production. Can he do anything wrong? Kept my interest and a well acted cast.

Well, he married Michelle Pfeiffer and not me.  I'd consider that a BIG mistake on his part.

He wouldn't have had to cast MY sister in his shows like he does hers.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:02 PM, KeepItReal said:

Scott Speedman is still a hottie - he aged very nicely! Just saying... 😛

Meredith Grey agrees with you.  He was her patient in one episode 4 years ago (she saved his life, blah blah blah) and a chance encounter led to his being her transplant-surgeon boyfriend this past season on GREY'S ANATOMY.  I think he'll be back next season.

Grey's Anatomy: Scott Speedman Returns as Series Regular | PEOPLE.com

Grey's Anatomy season 18 episode 16 release date confirmed

1 hour ago, Kevin Slater said:

I LOVE Jean Smart.  She was amazing in Fargo & Watchmen.  Just not in this.  Or rather, not enough to make up for the crappy writing.

Speaking of JS projects with crappy writing, did you watch her 1995 series with Mary McDonnell?  It was called HIGH SOCIETY and it was supposed to be like an American AbFab.  Some episodes are on youtube.

5ulQE-1633723963-1028-blog-highsocietyartcle.jpg

18 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

I finished all 11 seasons of Shameless very interesting insight in white trash culture and beyond.

I dropped that series after about 6 seasons.  I just couldn't take Frank's despicable behavior any longer.  The final nail in the coffin was when Joan Cusack was prominently featured.  I almost always find her extremely grating, and I definitely did on SHAMELESS.

2 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Very sweet story of a gay kid and a previously str8 "Rugby-boy" who discovers he's attracted to the gay kid. One of the few romantic BISEXUAL stories I've seen done about high school coming-of-age kids struggling with sexual identity.

It touches memories from my own high school years fantasizing about 'getting with' the boys even though I was romantically ( and physically) involved with a girlfriend. I didn't even know there WAS such a thing as bisexual until I was a Sophomore in college !

Fascinated by the "what-if's" had I been more aware, as a young man, that there's a range of sexuality. It's not all *this* or *that* and be sure to pick a side.

You might also like Love, Victor. 
Kevin Slater

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed BIG SHOT.

Big Shot was created by David E. Kelley, Dean Lorey and Brad Garret for Disney+ starring John Stamos, Jessalyn Gilsig and Yvette Nicole Brown.

The series follows Marvyn Korn, a temperamental and very successful men's college basketball coach who is fired from his job at the University at Wisconsin after throwing a chair during an in-game meltdown.  He relocates to California to coach the basketball team at an elite high school for girls when he can't get any other job.

The series premiered on April 16, 2021. In September 2021, the series was renewed for a second season.

28 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

Without a doubt. Look forward to see how their careers turn.

Well, Debbie's been on a sitcom for 5 years, and Frank is married to a convicted fraudster for starters.

Canadian Noel Fisher who played Mickey is good on everything he does.  I've always liked him, even when he tied up and slashed Elliot Stabler after killing poor O'Halloran, the lab tech.  You should give THE RICHES a try... it was an FX show about a family of grifters.  Minnie Driver (did you know her middle name is Pad?) (Or is it Taxi? I forget) played his mom.  It was a good show, but only lasted 2 seasons.

Law and order svu christopher meloni GIF - Find on GIFER

Zebras | 16th Precinct

Edited by samhexum

3 hours ago, samhexum said:

Frank is married to a convicted fraudster for starters.

So his personal life starts to mimic the characters he plays.  But seriously the complexities he brought to the character Frank Gallagher are impressive and noteworthy. Pity he and Felicity Huffman got caught up in Hollywood entitlement culture .

22 hours ago, bichiguy said:

The Boys on Amazon Prime is insane and insanely good. Even if you just check out last episode called Herogasim. Violent, filthy, funny and heart (in a good way?!) The show even got nominated for an Emmy last year.

I thought that was the season finale, but it looks like there are two more episodes this season!

On 6/23/2022 at 6:08 PM, WilliamM said:

Ryan Phillippe should have taken his clothes off

Ryan was in the movie “Lincoln Lawyer”. There is also a TV show on Netflix with the same name - no Ryan to binge on though. 

On 6/22/2022 at 1:44 PM, pubic_assistance said:

I just finished Heartstopper last night and really enjoyed it! Agree with @pubic_assistance here that the bisexual story was good and probably eye opening to some. Netflix says Season 2 will happen…let’s hope they keep the same level of good story.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:46 PM, Rockey said:

I've been watching Gentleman Jack season 2 on HBO. I highly recommend this series. Suranne Jones (portraying Ann Lister) is a wonder to watch. 

Isn’t Jones the best? She and Nicola Walker - US has no ordinary-looking, complex,  middle-age, sexy, crazy, smart, any-period equivalent for this sort of talent. I need to find a gif of Anne Lister in full stride, feathers flopping, at the ball in Denmark!!

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished Parot, a series (10 1-hour episodes) on Amazon Prime about a controversial policy that allowed early release for prisoners whose sentences were considered excessive despite having committed truly heinous crimes.  Two storylines run in parallel:  a sadistic rapist seeks revenge by ruining the life of his victim while a serial killer is systematically killing off the ex-cons released thanks to the Parot policy.  Whereas the revenge-seeking rapist is cold-blooded, calculating, and fully in control of every step in his diabolical plot, the serial killer is slowly losing control, getting sloppier with every murder.  As we gain insight into the serial killer, we understand why he's unraveling, but the revenge-seeker was harder to swallow.  I couldn't believe that a violent criminal with such a sick plan could at the same time be so perfectly rational and methodical, never making the slightest mistake. 

That said, I still enjoyed the series, but I wonder how much of it was my bias because I found the lead cop smokin' hot.  When the plot dragged or became a bit unrealistic, I was in a more forgiving mood because maybe the hot cop might take his shirt off in the next scene.  Gotta give the actor props -- in his early 50s yet still fit enough to do scenes in his undies!  But if the cop isn't your type, you'll just be bored, LOL.

Javier Albalá, the 50-something who can't keep his clothes on ...

spacer.png