Do You Make Your Bed Every Day?

Avalon
This topic is 2125 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Although I live alone and no one is going to see it I make my bed every morning immediately after I get up. I them turn down the covers so I'll be ready to get back in it that night.

I don't remember what I did when I lived at home.

In my late teens, early 20s I worked several years as a nightman at a mortuary. There was a cot in the office to sleep. But of course I had to make it up early each morning before anyone arrived for work.

I was also an apprentice embalmer for six months. I got to help the coroner on autopsies.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This happened years ago. When my step-mother's daughter-in-law had a baby she went away a few days to visit them. When she got back she called me inquiring about my father. The house was so neat, the bed made, the dishes done, it looked like he hadn't been home.

My father was in WWII in the Philippines. He was a private. Family story goes that he could have become a sergeant and attached to a general's household but one of his jobs would have been to make the general's bed and my father didn't want to do that.

Almost every day, sometime in the morning, I make it up so that it's ready to get into at bedtime. The bedspread/top sheet are folded back to the bottom third of the bed. That way, I can take a nap if I want (not often). At night, I often fall asleep without pulling up covers. After I get up to pee in early am, that's when I usually pull up the bedspread/top sheet.

It's a small apartment, and the bed is visible unless I close the door. If guests are planned that day, I make up the bed with the bedspread up to the top, including the pillows in those sham things at the top.

Made up beds are 100% important. Sex in clean sheets is better too.

But fuck making em up. I sleep on top of the covers under an opened sleeping bag.

If it's important sex I pull covers down for clean sheets. If it's dubious quality sex I throw a cover over the bed.

I know I'm not the only one. This is so obvious.

http://backpackingmastery.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Shape-of-sleeping-bag-680x453.jpg

Edited by tassojunior

I also make my bed most days though I only do so if I am able to air it out for a couple of hours. It's my understanding that it's actually more hygienic to leave your bed covers down during the day to let it dry out. But, something just doesn't seem right if I leave home with an unmade bed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-disgusting-reason-to-stop-making-your-bed-2015-9