Using condoms for oral

ShortCutie7

I’ve never used condoms for oral in the past, but as I’m looking into the possibility of playing with providers and am getting more STI conscious in general, I’m thinking of starting to use condoms for oral.  Does anyone have any recommendations for kinds of condoms, tips for giving or receiving oral with a condom on, etc?

I'll just toss this out there: Despite the risks of STIs with unprotected oral sex, I think you'll find that most people don't use condoms for oral sex.  I personally could never get into sucking on a penis with a condom on, but I will admit that I didn't try a lot of different condoms to see if I could find one that didn't bother me from both a taste and texture perspective.  Given how many people use PrEP now as their only STI prevention (which only reduces the chances of HIV infection and doesn't prevent the transmission of any other STI), I doubt you're going to find a lot of forum members using condoms for oral sex.  Even before PrEP, I think regular condom use was typically reserved for anal sex among gay men.

Still, I don't mean to disparage your desire to be on the more cautious side when it comes to safer sex.  Do a Google search and you will find some sites that give suggestions for condoms (both traditional condoms and "tongue condoms") for oral sex.

26 minutes ago, maninsoma said:

I'll just toss this out there: Despite the risks of STIs with unprotected oral sex, I think you'll find that most people don't use condoms for oral sex.  I personally could never get into sucking on a penis with a condom on, but I will admit that I didn't try a lot of different condoms to see if I could find one that didn't bother me from both a taste and texture perspective.  Given how many people use PrEP now as their only STI prevention (which only reduces the chances of HIV infection and doesn't prevent the transmission of any other STI), I doubt you're going to find a lot of forum members using condoms for oral sex.  Even before PrEP, I think regular condom use was typically reserved for anal sex among gay men.

Still, I don't mean to disparage your desire to be on the more cautious side when it comes to safer sex.  Do a Google search and you will find some sites that give suggestions for condoms (both traditional condoms and "tongue condoms") for oral sex.

Thanks!  Yes, I never even considered using a condom for oral sex until very recently.  Never heard of a “tongue condom”; I’ll look into that!

50 minutes ago, Gary said:

HPV can be spread thru oral sex. 

Michael Douglas appears in "Family Guy Viewer Mail No. 1" at a Hollywood party with wife Catherine Zeta-Jones.  In "Baby, It's Cold Inside", a cutaway gag shows Michael at a dinner party offering to tell the guests how he got mouth cancer, resulting in Catherine Zeta-Jones storming away.

6 hours ago, Thomas_Belgium said:

Flavoured condoms are specially designed for oral sex. Because I like to use condoms for masturbating, I tried many flavoured condoms. Some brands offer boxes with a variety of flavours. In my opinion they're very affordable so maybe you can try on your own the flavour(s) you like the most. Have fun.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, Lucky said:

Doxycline condoms work.

Trying to avoid taking PreP, antibiotics, etc, hence my inquiry lol

Prior to the advent of Prep I used condoms for most all oral and certainly anal sex.  In the last few years it seems like it is a non-starter to request condoms for oral.   Prior to that I got push back maybe 50% of the time but I maintained my sexual health since the 80’s so no regrets.   Now I just have one exclusive partner so not an issue.  I sense my rejection rate would be much higher today if condoms were requested for oral. 

IIRC “oral with a condom” was a practice recommended in Brazil some 20 years ago by the local sexual health clinics to combat the spread of HIV and other diseases. 

I recall dating then Felix, a beautiful Brazilian muscleboy. He insisted on that precaution on our first date. I wasn’t interested so we went straight to my topping him with condom. By our third date, late one night, I did as he asked and wore one to fuck his mouth before he sucked me to completion. It was hot but I missed the feel of his lips and tongue with that ‘barrier’.

As someone who thoroughly enjoys being sucked off, and having a guy swallow my load, I wouldn’t hire if that was a precondition.

On 11/28/2023 at 12:08 AM, ShortCutie7 said:

I’ve never used condoms for oral in the past, but as I’m looking into the possibility of playing with providers and am getting more STI conscious in general, I’m thinking of starting to use condoms for oral.  Does anyone have any recommendations for kinds of condoms, tips for giving or receiving oral with a condom on, etc?

Not lubricated. Some come with flavors (mint, strawberry, etc.). You don't want to have the taste of KY Jelly in your mouth. Latex preferred, if allergic to latex, then polyurethane. Not sheep-skin (if they still make them), those are the ones with holes, as those defeat the purpose.

Of course, the decision is solely yours, based on your level of comfort and risk. You are the one living with your choices, so the decision of using/not using them belongs to you.

Edited by soloyo215

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Thomas_Belgium said:

Hi,

Did you try the flavoured condoms?

No, I’ve only had one encounter since posting this and chickened out- I ended up just licking his shaft a little… I do plan on using a flavored condom for my next encounter but would obviously have to

1- buy one and be prepared with it! 

2- ask the provider before putting it on him.