Hardest Part About Being a Provider

RandyVue

For me, the most challenging part was filtering through the time wasters and flakes.  Some cities have a higher concentration of that than other cities. I don’t have an active advertisement up anymore specifically because I did not want to deal with that part of the business anymore. When you don’t advertise and only see regulars, you know the regulars are reliable and you know they aren’t interested in wasting your time. 

Edited by Storm4U

Dealing with time wasters. The ‘endless chat’ guys who are fantasists about visiting but who never actually get to book “thinking about booking…can you tell me what happens etc etc” or who list a whole sequence of things they want done to them and ask if I’m ok to do x or y etc. They never book they just waste time.

Then there’s the really annoying guys who book but don’t show up who seem to treat it like a game. When you message them to confirm they say “yeah see you later” (always a red flag…the casualness of their response), and then they fail to show. Excuse, if provided, is “I ran out of time” or “I got caught up”. They think you’re just hanging around with nothing else to do but entertain them if they can be bothered. Fortunately they’re easy to spot. 

Honestly I've found the hardest part of being a provider is family and friends that know what I am doing.  While I don't go out of my way to tell friends and family that I am a provider or work in the adult industry my photo is out there some with me baring all.  I've had a talk with some family and let them know I am safe and that I do this because I want to and not because I am forced to but they still have concern.  

On 1/3/2023 at 9:23 AM, Jamie21 said:

who list a whole sequence of things they want done to them and ask if I’m ok to do x or y etc. They never boo

I have to admit I'm a client who gives a (not exhaustive) list when contacting because the amount of times I've been burned by assuming that the info on the profile is correct is more than I'd like. So I do mention my absolute "musts" for me to enjoy the session and ask to confirm whether this is something that is possible to provide. I then move as quickly as I can to booking if we're a match. But I've had quite a few providers leave me on read because I asked more than one question in my initial text. 

The hardest part is not being able to know what my client looks like if I can't find his name and social media and verify his age, and other factors. I do not service everyone so that's the hardest part.

The 2nd is that there aren't safe places for us to advertise when we want business. Back in the day, if business was slow, you could just post an ad on craigslist and meet someone, or just strut the sidewalk, LOL.

On 1/8/2023 at 4:44 AM, Vulgarii said:

The hardest part is not being able to know what my client looks like if I can't find his name and social media and verify his age, and other factors. I do not service everyone so that's the hardest part.

I think that’s one of the best parts. I prefer not to know what they look like. I have an image in my mind, from the exchange of messages / emails or a call when they book but I’m always surprised when I open the door or I arrive at the client’s hotel and find out what they really look like. It’s very exciting.

On 1/2/2023 at 8:36 PM, Storm4U said:

For me, the most challenging part was filtering through the time wasters and flakes.  Some cities have a higher concentration of that than other cities. I don’t have an active advertisement up anymore specifically because I did not want to deal with that part of the business anymore. When you don’t advertise and only see regulars, you know the regulars are reliable and you know they aren’t interested in wasting your time. 

Don’t you make less money if you don’t advertise?

On 1/10/2023 at 1:48 PM, Jamie21 said:

I think that’s one of the best parts. I prefer not to know what they look like. I have an image in my mind, from the exchange of messages / emails or a call when they book but I’m always surprised when I open the door or I arrive at the client’s hotel and find out what they really look like. It’s very exciting.

I find it exciting, to a degree. I like to have some kind of idea about who I’m meeting. More clients have started sending pics than before. I also think letting someone know what you look like, takes out the initial shock factor of the first meet. And like @Vulgariisaid, even though I don’t necessarily pick and choose who I see, I may feel I can’t offer certain services to someone in the way I wish to. But that’s pretty rare for the most part. 

That said, the hardest part I think is the traveling initial contact part. Sometimes I just want to advertise in a new city, like a TV commercial. Versus just posting in the same area day after day not getting any hits. Meanwhile the clock is ticking on the renewal date for my ads. I have bills due like every week. Adding another bill to it isn’t the most fun. 

But many times people just ask if I’m “Here now” or available today. It’s hard to convey what I’m actually trying to do, and I don’t just pack up and magically appear in a city. I usually need someone to be waiting when I get there. If I had unlimited free hotels it wouldn’t be a big deal but…unfortunately it doesn’t work that way.

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

I had a 24 hour session with a provider yesterday and he gave me a little insight into what providers have to put up with certain potential clients. He had had conversations with a potential client over a day and a half period immediately before our date (which been arranged some time in advance) which went back and forth but in the end was just a big waste of time.

He showed me some of the back and forth messages on RM and it was appalling how manipulative this potential client had been, only to flake in the end. My guy had tried very hard to accomodate this person but in the end he was clearly just being jerked around. I could see how frustrating this could be. 

On 1/3/2023 at 10:09 AM, Keenan said:

Honestly I've found the hardest part of being a provider is family and friends that know what I am doing.  While I don't go out of my way to tell friends and family that I am a provider or work in the adult industry my photo is out there some with me baring all.    

I hear you on that.  I'd LOVE to have my face in my ads, I've lost a lot of business throughout the decades, wonderful clients I'll never ever get to know, because I don't put my face in my ads.