Do you have trash cans in your bedrooms?

A group of friends and acquaintances and us rented a large Air B&B in Palm Springs for their pride weekend (I'd never previously attended, and was very impressed). The organizers (close friends of ours) slept in the master bedroom and said they'd leave in their feedback that they wished the master bedroom had blinds, since they were awoken with light at the crack of dawn. I said he might add that they could put some trash cans in their bedrooms. He said he'd leave the comment, although he never has trash cans in his bedrooms and doesn't think most people do. Another guest at the house chimed in that he didn't have a trash can in his bedrooms, either. I came out of that conversation fairly surprised. Is it really that unusual to have trash cans in bedrooms? I have a trash can in almost every room of the house, from bedroom to office to kitchen (obviously), living room, party room, and bathrooms. Are these trash cans unusual?

Edited by Unicorn

I call waste recepticals outside trash cans. Under the kitchen sink I have a covered garbage can with a removable plastic liner. In each bedroom and home office I have waste baskets. In the bathrooms small ceramic or plastic waste bins. They all have a specific purpose. What you call them is somewhat semantic.

I forgot I also have a recycle bin outside the back door off the kitchen.

Edited by Luv2play

I have a waste basket in my master bedroom.

I grew up in a household where there was a box of facial tissue and a waste  basket in every room except the dining room and front parlor.  The rear drawing room had multiple waste baskets and facial tissue dispensers, so that every chair or sofa was within reaching distance of both.  I've turned that down a notch; there's only one waste basket in my rear drawing room nowadays.  I could probably get rid of the waste basket in my drawing room, because I use it even less than the basket in my master bedroom.

Another quirk of mine: I don't conceal the kitchen bin behind a cabinet door.  The thought of having to constantly touch a wooden door with greasy hands to dispose of food waste does not appeal to me.

1 minute ago, WilliamM said:

According to @Unicorn in his first post, the biggest issue by far  was no shades or curtains in the bedroom.

I have no shades or curtains in my kitchen, downstairs drawing room, or upstairs play room.

One time I hosted an orgy that started in the drawing room, with two guys on their backs on the leather ottoman and four guys surrounding them.  I then remembered that I had no blinds or curtains so I gradually moved the activity into my master bedroom.

3 hours ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

I have no shades or curtains in my kitchen, downstairs drawing room, or upstairs play room.

One time I hosted an orgy that started in the drawing room, with two guys on their backs on the leather ottoman and four guys surrounding them.  I then remembered that I had no blinds or curtains so I gradually moved the activity into my master bedroom.

Having shades drawn in rooms where you are playing is only necessary when neighbours or passersby can see in. This is particularly the case at night assuming there is some light in the room. I like highrise hotels for that reason when there are no buildings opposite and the lit up city skyline provides a nice backdrop.

I always check out the situation each time I'm in a new hotelroom to make sure no-one can see in even using a telescope. 

I rented a room in a house when I was in my early 30's.  Another guy renting a room went berserk when I put the plastic wrapper around the package of toilet paper in the bathroom wastebasket.  Apparently it was "too big to go in there".  He took it out & put it inside my bedroom - twice. 

Largish one in the kitchen, small ones in the 2 baths (inside the sink base) small one in the main bedroom, office type in the second which is mostly used as an office. Small in laundry room. That it, is it so hard to stand up in the living area and take your trash to the kitchen - that's usually where I'm going next anyway.

small wastebaskets throughout the house which I keep lined with those vegetable plastic bags from the produce section of the supermarket and larger waste pail in kitchen.

And shades blinds and curtains on all windows because I like it dark when I sleep.

I have always had wastebaskets in the bedrooms and bathrooms, and next to our office desks. I don't have them in the living or dining room. I have three covered containers in the kitchen: trash, recyclables, compost. Everything eventually gets emptied into the three trashcans outside: "trash," "recyclables," "green waste" (kitchen compost and landscaping, such as leaves, clippings from bushes and trees).

Edited by Charlie

12 hours ago, poolboy48220 said:

I rented a room in a house when I was in my early 30's.  Another guy renting a room went berserk when I put the plastic wrapper around the package of toilet paper in the bathroom wastebasket.  Apparently it was "too big to go in there".  He took it out & put it inside my bedroom - twice. 

Small wastebaskets in bathroom don't work for me.  Use same size in kitchen and bathroom.

21 hours ago, Luv2play said:

Having shades drawn in rooms where you are playing is only necessary when neighbours or passersby can see in. This is particularly the case at night assuming there is some light in the room. I like highrise hotels for that reason when there are no buildings opposite and the lit up city skyline provides a nice backdrop.

I always check out the situation each time I'm in a new hotelroom to make sure no-one can see in even using a telescope. 

I am quite the opposite. In a hotel room I will leave the curtains open if I am playing as I like the backdrop and I do not particularly care if anyone looks into the room.  In fact, if I thought someone was watching, I might play toward giving them a good show.  At my age and in my shape, I probably would not have many people in watching me, my partners on the other hand would likely draw a crowd.  

As to wastebaskets.  In the adjoining bath but not the bedroom itself.  Under the counter in the kitchen.  No others as I live with three canines and what you call a wastebasket, they call a buffet.