Missing Members

BuffaloKyle

I just discovered I'm missing (tho not missing my member)!  I'm not missing any more.

I had forgotten about this site and just found my log-in when clearing a bunch of stuff from my phone.

Brings back a lot of memories, tho some not so old - it's good to see familiar names tho, in some cases, it was not a happy finding.  Case in point - Epigonos.  Tho we only met once in Palm Springs I do remember his smile, especially talking about his time many moons ago in the Peace Corps. I believe, and his times in Guatemala - I had just returned from my 10th trip a few days before meeting.  His name always came up with wonderful remembrances.

So...where is everybody?  Whipper (Whipped Guy), Glennnnn, and all the others.  Does this show my age?

I did have a lousy few years - both shoulders operated on and while they were at it the hospital gave away free broken necks!  That resulted in 14 months in a rigid collar before finally having a fusion C1-2-3, a new car in my garage that I couldn't drive but still had to pay the lease, a $3,500 Uber bill, and no working for 14 months , and a severe restriction in certain activities.  But I am upright now and hopefully most of this crap is in there rear-view mirror.

24 minutes ago, Funguy said:

I just discovered I'm missing (tho not missing my member)!  I'm not missing any more.

I had forgotten about this site and just found my log-in when clearing a bunch of stuff from my phone.

Brings back a lot of memories, tho some not so old - it's good to see familiar names tho, in some cases, it was not a happy finding.  Case in point - Epigonos.  Tho we only met once in Palm Springs I do remember his smile, especially talking about his time many moons ago in the Peace Corps. I believe, and his times in Guatemala - I had just returned from my 10th trip a few days before meeting.  His name always came up with wonderful remembrances.

So...where is everybody?  Whipper (Whipped Guy), Glennnnn, and all the others.  Does this show my age?

I did have a lousy few years - both shoulders operated on and while they were at it the hospital gave away free broken necks!  That resulted in 14 months in a rigid collar before finally having a fusion C1-2-3, a new car in my garage that I couldn't drive but still had to pay the lease, a $3,500 Uber bill, and no working for 14 months , and a severe restriction in certain activities.  But I am upright now and hopefully most of this crap is in there rear-view mirror.

Boy it sounds like you went through hell or at least purgatory. Glad to hear you came out alright and on the mend. Anything wrong to do with the spinal column including the neck is no fun.

We use our heads so much in daily activities that we just take it for granted. I know the odd time I've had a stiff neck from sleeping the wrong way and it was a nuisance the next day. That obviously is nothing compared to what you went through.

23 hours ago, Luv2play said:

Boy it sounds like you went through hell or at least purgatory. Glad to hear you came out alright and on the mend. Anything wrong to do with the spinal column including the neck is no fun.

We use our heads so much in daily activities that we just take it for granted. I know the odd time I've had a stiff neck from sleeping the wrong way and it was a nuisance the next day. That obviously is nothing compared to what you went through.

Purgatory for sure - all because of a preventable accident moving me from gurney to operating table.  Unfortunately, due to technicalities I cannot pursue a lawsuit.  But, so be it.  Now, with 1" screws, 3" screws, rods and a bone graft I am approaching "new" as far as there is NO pain what so ever but I cannot rotate my neck past 10 degrees in either direction.  Of course, I have frozen shoulders too  because I couldn't do physical therapy for 14 months!  So ALL for nothing!

On 11/29/2023 at 4:15 PM, Funguy said:

Purgatory for sure - all because of a preventable accident moving me from gurney to operating table.  Unfortunately, due to technicalities I cannot pursue a lawsuit.  But, so be it.  Now, with 1" screws, 3" screws, rods and a bone graft I am approaching "new" as far as there is NO pain what so ever but I cannot rotate my neck past 10 degrees in either direction.  Of course, I have frozen shoulders too  because I couldn't do physical therapy for 14 months!  So ALL for nothing!

I had a spine surgery in June - and they did something novel - they did the check-in with me sitting on the edge of the operating table and the surgeon standing next to me,  introducing the members of the surgical team. After that I sat chatting with the anesthesiologist for a few minutes, and she slipped into the converstation that she had just given me a sedative, and then I woke up in the recovery room.   It felt as though I had just gone to coffee with them. 

51 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

LMFAO!!! Right - an internet group has a "resident doctor."  He is a retired doctor who can't think of anything to fill his time with except giving unsolicited medical advice. 

I've been calling him "our resident doctor" for years and you just noticed that now that he left the forum? 

313fed5d8fdd8b0845e19555a1da65c3.gif

You don't like the unsolicited advice of retired doctors? Do only retired folks should post on here? Many forum members also have jobs, right? 

He's also a hopeless romantic and many of his love stories were very entertaining. 

Here's one example of his contributions based in his real life experience, no medical advice.

Edited by marylander1940

• Cooper locked this topic