Missing Members

BuffaloKyle

17 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

the man with a photographic memory......he rescued so many threads......(hoping for the best, prepared for the worst)

Not only did he possess a remarkable memory, but he also exuded unwavering positivity and provided support to everyone he encountered. It's a rarity to find forum members who rise above cliques and political divisions as effortlessly as he did.

While his public contributions may not have been groundbreaking, as you've mentioned, he had a knack for dropping concise yet valuable insights into discussions, often steering them in productive directions. However, his more extensive and generous communications typically unfolded in private messages. During my early days as a forum member and later as a blogger, he stood out as one of my most ardent supporters.

I deeply regret not having had the opportunity to meet him and nurture a more profound friendship.

On 10/19/2023 at 5:57 PM, José Soplanucas said:

At this point I am assuming the worst. I am sad and will miss @BabyBoomer very, very much. 

Once I said something "mean" according to him about baby Boomers and he threatened me NOT to ever say anything critical about that generation.... That was my only personal interaction with him, maybe I caught him in a bad day... 

2 hours ago, Coolwave35 said:

I was very sad to hear that @unicorn didnt feel welcomed enough to participate here and asked to have his account deleted. I like him and his man. 

Damn... no wonder I tried to summon our resident Doctor and I couldn't find him after typing @ and his name!

An eternal romantic, always a new beau in his life including the one who turned his house into a bordello. We'll also miss his medical advice! What a gentleman we've lost, let's hope he comes back like so many who said goodbye and returned!

On 10/27/2023 at 6:36 AM, José Soplanucas said:

Now I am also concerned about another of my favorite forum members: @Lookin

His last login was on September 13th. I hope you are well! I miss your wisdom!

@Lookin's poem based on Rockhard's desperate search for underwear was a classic

read all of Rockhard's posts from the beginning before getting to the poem.....

https://www.companyofmen.org/topic/14096-somebody-please-help-me-with-my-underwear/

Edited by azdr0710

2 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

@Lookin's poem based on Rockhard's desperate search for underwear was a classic

read all of Rockhard's posts from the beginning before getting to the poem.....

https://www.companyofmen.org/topic/14096-somebody-please-help-me-with-my-underwear/

THANK YOU for that! Some of the posters with plenty of time should recompile an anthology of his posts. So many were borderline with geniality!

As a side note, now I am also missing Adam Smith, but I do know he passed during the pandemic. 🥲

On 10/27/2023 at 12:30 AM, Coolwave35 said:

I was very sad to hear that @unicorn didnt feel welcomed enough to participate here and asked to have his account deleted. I like him and his man. 

I found @unicorn to be very confrontational and will not miss his acerbic and dismissive attitude. In my view he had some unattractive attributes in other respects as well. But each to his own.

3 hours ago, Luv2play said:

I found @unicorn to be very confrontational and will not miss his acerbic and dismissive attitude. In my view he had some unattractive attributes in other respects as well. But each to his own.

I politely disagree, and I miss him dearly! 

He was an honest poster who shared a big part of his private and professional life with us! We had a few disagreements but also many times we mostly agree on different subjects. 

Edited by marylander1940

Although I didn't always agree with @unicorn I am saddened to hear he was feeling unwelcome.  

Some people have a tough time dealing with opposing viewpoints and prefer the safety of an echo chamber. I understand that's why several members moved their profiles over to the "the other site".

I will miss @unicorns professional medical viewpoint/contributions to the site

😥

Edited by pubic_assistance
grammar

31 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Some people have a tough time dealing with opposing viewpoints and prefer the safety of an echo chamber. I understand that's why several members moved their profiles over the "the other site".

I agree with your first statement. About the second one, I think some have moved over there because we can discuss politics, others because of beefs with current and/or extinct moderators, but I do not know of anyone who moved over there because of political or points of views disagreement. 

I do not even think it is @unicorn's case. If he was looking for an echo chamber, he did not find one over there.

I agree with some that Unicorn could be abrasive when he wanted to be. As can we all, I imagine. But I think people are more interesting when they are themselves. And I regret that anyone was made to feel so unwelcomed to be himself that he preferred to leave. I will miss his voice in the fray and will hold to the hope that he will reconsider and come back to us. How boring our world would be if we were all the same.

I only learned about @unicorn's departure second hand. I did not see his post, which I assume has been removed at his request along with all his other posts ever since he became a member. Is that correct?

I find it strange if that is indeed what has happened. It's one thing to walk away. Its another to eliminate all traces of your participation on this board.