Is he hitting on me?

arnie

1 hour ago, davebk said:

2. What are you willing to do as a married guy? Do you get some on the side now? Would this blow up your whole life? Are you married to a dude and maybe he would want to join in?

This is why I prefer to play with married couples together (3-way) then with each husband separately.  I can't tell you how many married guys I have slept with who said not to tell their husband.  Little did they know I was already sleeping with their husband also.

I am surprised as to the number of responders here who think just asking if he is gay will cause the world to collapse and for him to beached with bats and pitchforks out of the neighborhood.  Simply, ask if he is gay and make no judgment about it and and offer no further comment no matter what his response.  If he asks why you ask, tell him you though he might be flirting with you but you were unsure.   

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

I know this is wildly well, Wilde, but my instincts would tell me to stay away from what might be "jailbait". It didn't turn out well for Oscar and could be a disaster for you too if you don't think with your big head.

Agree but not quite the same.  

We do not know the age of the neighbor's son. 

Alfred Douglas, the person that got Oscar in trouble was age 24 at the time of police involvement.  

Back in Oscar's days (1800s) any homosexual act was illegal and brought a jail sentence if convicted for a male having sex with a male.  That is why poor Oscar went to jail.  

Good thing times and laws have changed.  

Edited by coriolis888

9 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

Yes Lord Alfred Douglas was jailbait but has it been established how old the neighbour's kid is?

The question has been asked but the original poster has disappeared for the present time and, hence, we do not know the age or answer to the question several posters asked or inferred.  

4 hours ago, purplekow said:

I am surprised as to the number of responders here who think just asking if he is gay will cause the world to collapse and for him to beached with bats and pitchforks out of the neighborhood.  Simply, ask if he is gay and make no judgment about it and and offer no further comment no matter what his response.  If he asks why you ask, tell him you though he might be flirting with you but you were unsure.   

Just ask him if he likes Broadway musicals.,  especially "Gypsy" and "Follies" 

Edited by WilliamM

7 hours ago, purplekow said:

No,  his age is the issue.

2 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

No,  his age is the issue.

As far as I have read, the only thing known about the age of the neighbor is that he is about the same age as the OP children, which could be in 20s.  Second, I mentioned in my first post, and I believe I was the first to do so, is to make sure he is 18.   Asking some one who is hitting on you if he is gay in a direct no seductive manner,  is not anything which should horrify the neighbors. 

I do think it’s odd that @arnie hasn’t checked back here since he started the thread.

In the past, when I’ve seen similar posts (Should I or shouldn’t I? Shall I approach a man at the gym? How do I know he’s flirting?) I often think that the poster is going to do whatever they feel like doing, no matter the excellent advice usually given here.