Who was your teenage crush (the guy that made you realize you REALLY liked guys)?

marylander1940

Jan Michael Vincent in Last Picture Show and Jeff bridges in Against All Odds

22 minutes ago, BabyBoomer said:

JMV wasn't in Last Picture Show.

~Boomer~

It must of been another movie.  Buster and Billie?

Edited by Deadlift1
Grammar correction

13 hours ago, alageorge said:

Robert Conrad for me too, starting with Hawaiian Eye.

If you get the station MeTV+ (available over the air in some markets and on some cableTV packages), you can revisit Robert Conrad's young, handsome self on Hawaiian Eye every weeknight.  I haven't seen the show until recently because it was before my time and it isn't a show that's been aired in syndication regularly, so it's been a treat for me to tune in and hope that the episode on that evening will have at least one scene with Robert getting out of the pool and standing shirtless for a while.  Robert still looked great on Wild Wild West -- hell, he looked great for decades after he shot Hawaiian Eye.  But he was absolutely stunning on Hawaiian Eye, with a combination of a hunky man's body with an almost "pretty" face. 

Edited by maninsoma

3 hours ago, Cock Eyed Optimist said:

Clint Walker in Cheyenne.

I certainly noticed him @Cock Eyed Optimist but my real attention was focused on Ben Murphy in Alias Smith & Jones (on ABC). He wasn’t my crush: it was true love.

Ben Murphy was the first man I’d seen with a pretty face and long hair who also had a nicely developed smooth, muscled torso. He often was shown bathing or stripped to the waist, which delighted me. 

3 hours ago, maninsoma said:

If you get the station MeTV+ (available over the air in some markets and on some cableTV packages), you can revisit Robert Conrad's young, handsome self on Hawaiian Eye every weeknight.  I haven't seen the show until recently because it was before my time and it isn't a show that's been aired in syndication regularly, so it's been a treat for me to tune in and hope that the episode on that evening will have at least one scene with Robert getting out of the pool and standing shirtless for a while.  Robert still looked great on Wild Wild West -- hell, he looked great for decades after he shot Hawaiian Eye.  But he was absolutely stunning on Hawaiian Eye, with a combination of a hunky man's body with an almost "pretty" face. 

I'm not quite old enough to remember this show, but I've read articles and seen some reruns.  There was a very similar concurrent show to Hawaiian Eye called 'Surfside Six' with a stunning young Van Williams doing, I assume, the same thing Robert Conrad did. I think it was set in Florida.

006a5095976f3afb1ec80b951f85e9cc.jpg

van williams robert conrad.JPG

2 minutes ago, Boink said:

I'm not quite old enough to remember this show, but I've read articles and seen some reruns.  There was a very similar concurrent show to Hawaiian Eye called 'Surfside Six' with a stunning young Van Williams doing, I assume, the same thing Robert Conrad did. I think it was set in Florida.

006a5095976f3afb1ec80b951f85e9cc.jpg

van williams robert conrad.JPG

Ah, yes, I remember it well.  The stunning Van Williams later starred in his own TV series titled The Green Hornet.  

Spotlight On…Van Williams (Spotlight On…Volume Seven) – Bat Spray Blog

8 minutes ago, sync said:

Ah, yes, I remember it well.  The stunning Van Williams later starred in his own TV series titled The Green Hornet.  

Spotlight On…Van Williams (Spotlight On…Volume Seven) – Bat Spray Blog

Tee Hee, I always thought this show was such a waste.  He was ALWAYS in a full suit, and they covered up that gorgeous face with a mask!

His name was Gary, and we were in same grade in a Catholic high school. The first time I really noticed him left an image still seared onto my brain to this day.

I was in an Art class, taught by a teacher who was also the Drama teacher and director for the school's student theater. Gary was down on the stage in the gym, helping to build sets for an upcoming production. He had a question about something, so he left the gym and came up to the 3rd floor Arts Classroom to ask the Drama teacher. I heard the door open, glanced up, then away - then back again as my eyes widened and my mouth dropped open as I stared at this boy.

"He looks different," I thought, but couldn't say how. Then I realized - he's not wearing a shirt! Well, he was wearing a T-shirt, but nothing over it. At our school, the girls had to wear uniforms, but the boys just had to wear slacks -no jeans- and a collared shirt. He'd taken the shirt off while working on the sets and either didn't remember or didn't bother to put it back on to come upstairs. Thank God!

The shirt looked two sizes too small and was stretched tightly across a broad chest with peaked nipples pushing up against the fabric. His 16-year-old biceps made the sleeves stretch around them as his tanned arms went all the way down to his strong hands. His face was square jawed, with high cheekbones, full lips, and dimples when he smiled. He was topped off with a fluff of light chestnut hair, some falling slightly down his forehead in a little curl.

Not that I was paying that much attention.😋

He was a sometimes member of the group of drama nerds I ran with, and I was never able to keep my eyes off of him, scarred as I was of getting caught ogling him. He was friendly toward me but not in a "let's hang out" sort of way. I later found he'd gotten a girl pregnant but never heard what came of that. Lost track of him after high school but have remembered him now for over 50 years. And when I close my eyes, I can still see Gary standing there as that handsome hunk that helped me realize who I really was. Hope he's had a good life.

sorta weird, but when I was about age six, some cousins and I watched "My Side Of The Mountain".....the main character in the movie, young actor Ted Eccles, is an independent sort living in the mountains for a summer....I definitely remember admiring his confidence and looks and wishing I could be like him.....

a few years later, at about age 10, we took a family trip whitewater rafting in the Sierra Nevada foothills and, at one point, some unrelated in-shape twenty-something dudes went skinny-dipping near us....that might've been the first time I saw a naked adult male, besides my Dad.....as before, I remember admiring their looks and maturity and wishing I could look like them......similar story a couple years later when the class stud (who had very much already reached puberty) always took a shower after gym and paused a few extra seconds at the shower exit for all to see.....

like @liubit above, I remember seeing early promos for Chris Atkins in "Blue Lagoon" in teen magazines at the store before the movie was released......tanned and in-shape wearing that little thong-like thing (promo pictures like that seemed very rare then) really caught my eye.....

223466__62504.1342531176.1280.1280.jpg?c