Who was your teenage crush (the guy that made you realize you REALLY liked guys)?

marylander1940

No one celebrity in particular. But one of my earliest gay memory was when I was probably in third or fourth grade when the Spice World movie came out. I was a pretty big fan of the Spice Girls music at the time. I remember watching this scene when these hot tan men came out and starting dancing in thongs. Even though I was still a few years away from puberty, I knew the men turned me on! Here is the clip!

3 hours ago, SlimJim said:

I really liked Lee Majors in the 6 Million Dollar Man, and also Rock Hudson in McMillan and Wife.  I'm not sure I realized why I liked them at the time though.

"McMillan & Wife" was one of the NBC Mysteries that cycled with "McCloud."  Unfortunately, I could never watch because they were on past my bedtime.  I was crushed because I really wanted to see Dennis Weaver.  But like you, I hadn't quite figured out why I liked him at the time.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, BSR said:

"McMillan & Wife" was one of the NBC Mysteries that cycled with "McCloud."  Unfortunately, I could never watch because they were on past my bedtime.  I was crushed because I really wanted to see Dennis Weaver.  But like you, I hadn't quite figured out why I liked him at the time.

spacer.png

one of the great TV theme songs......

Edited by azdr0710

On 5/12/2022 at 1:43 PM, wsc said:

His name was Gary, and we were in same grade in a Catholic high school. The first time I really noticed him left an image still seared onto my brain to this day.

I was in an Art class, taught by a teacher who was also the Drama teacher and director for the school's student theater. Gary was down on the stage in the gym, helping to build sets for an upcoming production. He had a question about something, so he left the gym and came up to the 3rd floor Arts Classroom to ask the Drama teacher. I heard the door open, glanced up, then away - then back again as my eyes widened and my mouth dropped open as I stared at this boy.

"He looks different," I thought, but couldn't say how. Then I realized - he's not wearing a shirt! Well, he was wearing a T-shirt, but nothing over it. At our school, the girls had to wear uniforms, but the boys just had to wear slacks -no jeans- and a collared shirt. He'd taken the shirt off while working on the sets and either didn't remember or didn't bother to put it back on to come upstairs. Thank God!

The shirt looked two sizes too small and was stretched tightly across a broad chest with peaked nipples pushing up against the fabric. His 16-year-old biceps made the sleeves stretch around them as his tanned arms went all the way down to his strong hands. His face was square jawed, with high cheekbones, full lips, and dimples when he smiled. He was topped off with a fluff of light chestnut hair, some falling slightly down his forehead in a little curl.

Not that I was paying that much attention.😋

He was a sometimes member of the group of drama nerds I ran with, and I was never able to keep my eyes off of him, scarred as I was of getting caught ogling him. He was friendly toward me but not in a "let's hang out" sort of way. I later found he'd gotten a girl pregnant but never heard what came of that. Lost track of him after high school but have remembered him now for over 50 years. And when I close my eyes, I can still see Gary standing there as that handsome hunk that helped me realize who I really was. Hope he's had a good life.

He sounds dreamy.  Glad you had that simple innocent crush 

Robert Wagner, as a TV crush.

My first awareness of same sex attraction: I may have been 11 or 12. My cousin and I were staying at my grandmother’s cottage in the mountains and she took us to a fair. I still remember a very blond teenager working the rides, wearing a Levi’s denim jacket. He must have been 17 or so. The sheer beauty of that kid mesmerized me.

Oddly enough, I think it may have been Roddy McDowal.  At a very young age, long before 13, five maybe, I noticed him and paid attention to him.  It was less an attraction, and more a sense that we were kin.  

My first sexual crushes were the actor in Boys from Brazil and the actor playing Damien in The Omen II.  Of course I (now) know better than to post photos of them.  But here's my man Roddy:

RoddyMcDowall.127070.jpg

The prepubescent me definitely liked some of the young male pop idols my sister liked, but I couldn't speak that to anyone at the time.  I really had a crush on Donny Osmond at the same time she did.

Fast forward a few years when I entered puberty and I definitely had the hots for the middle boy on The Brady Bunch -- Peter, played by Christopher Knight -- who was about two years older than me. 

Looking back on it, though, I kind of wonder whether some of my favorite TV shows had more to do with the handsome male actors than the shows themselves.  Could Kent McCord have been why I liked Adam 12 so much?  Why was I so drawn to Don Grady's "Robbie Douglas" character on My Three Sons when there were kids on that show much closer to my age?  Ditto Wally, played by Tony Dow, on Leave It To Beaver.  Now, some of these shows have aged well enough that they are still shown regularly today, so one might argue that I simply liked these shows.  But when I look back on my early childhood it really does seem that my favorite actors on my favorite shows were all visually compelling.

9 minutes ago, maninsoma said:

The prepubescent me definitely liked some of the young male pop idols my sister liked, but I couldn't speak that to anyone at the time.  I really had a crush on Donny Osmond at the same time she did.

Fast forward a few years when I entered puberty and I definitely had the hots for the middle boy on The Brady Bunch -- Peter, played by Christopher Knight -- who was about two years older than me. 

Looking back on it, though, I kind of wonder whether some of my favorite TV shows had more to do with the handsome male actors than the shows themselves.  Could Kent McCord have been why I liked Adam 12 so much?  Why was I so drawn to Don Grady's "Robbie Douglas" character on My Three Sons when there were kids on that show much closer to my age?  Ditto Wally, played by Tony Dow, on Leave It To Beaver.  Now, some of these shows have aged well enough that they are still shown regularly today, so one might argue that I simply liked these shows.  But when I look back on my early childhood it really does seem that my favorite actors on my favorite shows were all visually compelling.

Kent McCord and Tony Dow! You had excellent taste as a lad!

14 hours ago, maninsoma said:

I never thought about this before but this hits it right on the head. It explains completely my choice of tv shows when I was 10 and 11, before I realized why--Bonanza, Rawhide, My Three Sons, Ben Casey etc

20 hours ago, maninsoma said:

I posted in another thread that Kent McCord was my first childhood crush.  I'm talking way pre-pubescent, like 6 or 7 years old.  I got this weird feeling when I saw him but didn't know why.  I looked him up recently and he's still very handsome. 

spacer.png

Christopher Knight grew into his looks as The Brady Bunch progressed.  He was another childhood crush whose looks held up well over the years.  Not looking bad for 64 years old.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, RJD said:

I posted in another thread that Kent McCord was my first childhood crush.  I'm talking way pre-pubescent, like 6 or 7 years old.  I got this weird feeling when I saw him but didn't know why.  I looked him up recently and he's still very handsome. 

spacer.png

Christopher Knight grew into his looks as The Brady Bunch progressed.  He was another childhood crush whose looks held up well over the years.  Not looking bad for 64 years old.

spacer.png

I’d do either or both as they are now in a second!

I got so horny watching Adam-12 (and Emergency!)