Attention! - 19th Annual Palm Springs Weekend, 2022

Oliver

We had a blast, as always.  I can't believe it's already been ten years (!!) since Wayne and I happened to be staying at Helios at the right time, and fell into this amazing group.  It's always a pleasure seeing so many friends we don't get to see nearly often enough, and making some new friends as well.  I'm sorry we couldn't make it to breakfast this morning, but we're already looking forward to next year.  Safe travels, we love you! 😘

Rob

To everyone, this was a blast!

It was @rickle first time at this event and my first time staying for the entire weekend. We met so many wonderful people and will definitely come again!

Let us know if you're ever in SoCal/Orange County. As foodies, we both know some awesome places to eat and it'll be fun to meet outside of the PS event.

Many thanks to all who were able to attend the Palm Sp;rings.  II was so great renewing old acquaintances and making new ones.  I honestly believe this was the best one ever.  Loved the idea of having breakfast Monday morning at Rick;'s -- great way to bring closure to the festivities.  A special thanks goes to DavidSF for hosting the Friday afternoon get together at his lovely home.  Oliver, as always, did an incredible job organizing and directing the entire event

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I taught in a public high school for over thirty five years.  During every faculty only event we were forced to wear name tags - I absolutely HATED them.  Thus the year we start wearing name tags at the Palm Springs Weekend is the year I WILL NOT be there. 

1 hour ago, Epigonos said:

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I taught in a public high school for over thirty five years.  During every faculty only event we were forced to wear name tags - I absolutely HATED them.  Thus the year we start wearing name tags at the Palm Springs Weekend is the year I WILL NOT be there. 

I totally read that in your voice. 🤣

1 hour ago, Epigonos said:

My 2 cents, eventhough I am not an attendee ( I may be sometime in the future if I'm not DEAD), I feel anything that might facilitate people making connections is NOT a bad thing.   Some people are bad with names,  some dont have memory retention, and some are simply forgetful...   If a simple tag can take the pressure off "connecting", or help people to remember, I dont see a problem.  Just one less thing to obsess over....   Sorry Epig, while we are usually in agreement, with this issue we are on diff pages.  

Now, on the other hand, I am great at recognizing "cocks"  so perhaps I can suggest a "cocks out" mandate ?  🤣

16 hours ago, easygoingpal said:

I know a couple of us were asking if @Lucky was at the event...  You are certainly not as well known as @Epigonos... 🙃

I did introduce myself to several people. I have met over 100 posters in the past years and am always happy to meet new ones.

But I don't imagine that I will ever be as well known as @Oliver or @Epigonos!

• Cooper unpinned this topic

I have finally recovered from the jet lag and did not want to miss the opportunity to thank Oliver and Epigonos for their efforts.   I am already planning on next year.  I am not too good with names or with faces but once I hear the name, all the synapses start firing and the memories come flooding back. So to those who had to remind me that we had meet before, it isn't that you were not memorable it was just that my brain needed a kick start.  

Also, Thanks also to David SF for the intro party and to Ace for the reading of random passages  from David's book.