Anyone Get A 2d Booster?

Lucky

I wanted to get a second booster but, it’s all about timing for me~ I was planning on mid-March but, I’m traveling abroad in July for a number of weeks and want to time my booster for that.

If I get my booster in March I won’t be eligible again until after I’ve already left and then it’s too late. So I’d rather just lay low here now and get my booster in May. That way the next variant that comes out towards the end of March and beginning of April will have already cleared the path and the available booster will hopefully be updated to include whatever comes after Omicron~

There’s already a new variant out there that does not respond to HAAV therapy, (highly affective antiviral therapy), or current vaxes/boosters. It’s apparently more infectious and also more severe in the disease that it causes, (cardio/clotting/inflammatory related diseases).

It came out of Omicron… (a longer story there… so, try not to make any accusations or assumptions).

So, I’ve decided to wait until MidMay for my second booster~ 

Edited by Tygerscent

• 3 weeks later...

Pfizer CEO says fourth COVID-19 shot ‘necessary’ due to waning immunity

https://nypost.com/2022/03/13/pfizer-ceo-fourth-covid-shot-necessary-due-to-waning-immunity/

Most people will need to get a fourth COVID-19 vaccine dose to be protected from the virus, the head of Pfizer said on Sunday.

“It is necessary for most” people, CEO Albert Bourla said during an interview on CBS’s “Face The Nation” when asked if Americans can expect to get annual COVID booster shots every fall.

The regimen of two initial doses plus a booster is not able to protect against variants and wanes too quickly in strength, Bourla conceded — making additional shots inevitable.

“Right now, the protection that you’re getting from the third [shot], it is good enough — actually quite good for hospitalizations and deaths — it’s not that good against infections, but doesn’t last very long,” he said.

Pfizer and other companies are working on shots that will protect against any future variants.

Omicron was the first [variant] that was able to evade, in a skillful way the immune protection that we’re given, but also in all that the duration of the protection doesn’t last very long,” Bourla told host Margaret Brennan.

“What we are trying to do and we are working very diligently right now it is to make not only a vaccine that will protect against all variants, including Omicron, but also something that can protect for at least a year.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 10:25 AM, MikeBiDude said:

I recently got two shingrix October and January, fortunately no side affects for me.

My doctor suggested I get the shingles vac. I told him i never had the chicken pox and asked if that would matter. He said there was no way I could have reached age 57 without exposure but out of precaution he would run a test first. My mom always said I had a minor case when my sister had chicken pox. The test showed i never had them, so instead of getting the shingles vac I got the chicken pox vac.

As for the Covid vac, I have had four jabs. I had a weird infection which was in my body for 20-30 years without detection. By the time it was discovered in 2019, it had caused significant damage to my kidneys, pancreas, eyes, heart and aorta. I spent most of 2019 in the hospital getting treatment. Because it is not found in the US, is only found in 14 countries and usually only impacts children nobody looked for it. it is water-borne and I remember getting splashed on my lip while riding in a locals ferry in indonesia. I got very sick for a few days after that, was in a Bangkok hotel and the staff kept checking on my thinking I was going to die. I consider myself lucky, though, because most people who get the infection as adults have  neurological damage if not treated immediately. Despite having endured many spinal taps, MRIs and CAT scans no neurological damage is present. 

In news only related by the presence of the word 'vaccine', I went to my local pharmacy about a week ago to ask about flu vaccines, and left my contact details for when they received stock. Yesterday morning I had a call from them to tell me that this year's seasonal flu vaccine for over 65s was out and I could go in and get my shot.  Paid my $20 admin fee (the vaccine is free) and I was out of there (15 minute wait in case I had a reaction). No reaction then, and as a bonus no side effects in the ensuing 24 hours. Now, on into winter!

18 hours ago, mike carey said:

In news only related by the presence of the word 'vaccine', I went to my local pharmacy about a week ago to ask about flu vaccines, and left my contact details for when they received stock. Yesterday morning I had a call from them to tell me that this year's seasonal flu vaccine for over 65s was out and I could go in and get my shot.  Paid my $20 admin fee (the vaccine is free) and I was out of there (15 minute wait in case I had a reaction). No reaction then, and as a bonus no side effects in the ensuing 24 hours. Now, on into winter!

It's always nice to hear how far you are ahead of us in the Northern hemisphere.😊 

17 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

It's always nice to hear how far you are ahead of us in the Northern hemisphere.😊 

I don't know if we're ahead or behind by six months. Either way right on cue our 29 degrees a week ago, today it's 14, so the winter flu season draws nigh.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, BuffaloKyle said:

I'm 35 so I don't qualify right now but also thinking unless there's a crazy new variant come this Fall or sooner I'm good with just being fully vaxed and one booster. Plus I think I may have had a breakthrough infection before my booster too. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan Wolff said:

As soon as they make the 4th booster more widely available, I'll get it then.

I got it a few days ago and I know several people in their late 40s who are scheduled to get their second booster through cvs.com

19 minutes ago, MikeBiDude said:

So they’re “jumping the line” of the FDA’s emergency authorization?

Good point but to be honest I don't know if they jumped the line... If they weren't eligible I guess the site would have told them to wait for them to be authorized.

They went to cvs.com entered their information and got accepted right away for the Pfizer 2nd booster. I know one of them is 47 and has minor heart block, he told me none of the other folks waiting looked older than him. 

Edited by marylander1940

9 hours ago, Ryan Wolff said:

As soon as they make the 4th booster more widely available, I'll get it then.

I hope you mean 4th dose, not 4th booster... 😬