Anyone Get A 2d Booster?

Lucky

Here’s a chance for a workaround solution for a particular regimen of first heterologous booster ... a trial. USA locations. Novavax seems to be still recruiting. Nuvaxovid will quite likely be my first ‘official’ booster a while from now, pending VOC performance. It is greenlit for prime series in Canada and elsewhere. In fact, some countries are giving it as 3rd dose although it is not officially endorsed as such. It has poor prime series uptake traction relative to expectations that hesitants in EU would queue up more than has materialized so far. Fingers crossed the huge surplus chains get to COVAX. If I were a CoV vaccination virgin Nuvaxovid would be hard to pass up. But with now questionably valued mRNA platform boosting homogeneity at the dose4 juncture, for infection (jury still out on protection from CoV severity), perhaps Nuvaxovid will fill a gap. 
https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04889209?term=Novavax&cond=COVID-19&cntry=US&draw=2&rank=4

Edited by SirBillybob

On 4/3/2022 at 12:16 PM, NJF said:

There are some early data from Europe that getting a different mRNA vaccine produced better immune response. This is based purely on the level of antibodies induced, not real life hospitalization or death data.

On 4/3/2022 at 4:00 PM, Unicorn said:

According to public health guidelines, there shouldn't be any difference. I got 3 Pfizers and one Moderna. I had some soreness at the injection sites for all of the Pfizers (no other symptoms), but not a hint of any soreness or other symptom from Moderna. My gut says that mixing it up might provide a broader immunity, but that's just a feeling. If you're very risk-averse, you could stick with the one you KNOW doesn't create side-effects. 

Thanks to NFJ and Unicorn for the feedback.  Mom and I are both scheduled for our second booster on Monday.  We will go for Moderna this time just to switch it up after three Pfizer jabs.  Thanks again for the input.

• 11 months later...