Anyone Get A 2d Booster?

Lucky

Yep.

Got my second booster earlier this month.  

If I can and it's not going to hurt me, why not?  I started the vax process very early on due to regularly being in the presence of someone who was elderly and immunocompromised. 

This latest booster was really only about 2.5 months early, so I took the opportunity when I got it.

4 minutes ago, mike carey said:

I've only just recovered from had my first booster, so not something I've had to consider yet. I'm not sure what the protocols are here for fourth and subsequent shots. It may well not be possible to have a fourth. I won't mention taking the one after that.

my friend says he's going to keep getting another shot every two months until he starts growing extra toes or fingers. 

30 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

my friend says he's going to keep getting another shot every two months until he starts growing extra toes or fingers. 

When the COVID mRNA vaccines first came out, I was a little hesitant and nervous.

Then a good buddy of mine said, "if there’s a 1 in a Million chance I get super powers….I’m in!"

Stupid geek humor, but it made me laugh and helped to calm my fears. 

7 hours ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

Yep.

Got my second booster earlier this month.  

If I can and it's not going to hurt me, why not?  I started the vax process very early on due to regularly being in the presence of someone who was elderly and immunocompromised. 

This latest booster was really only about 2.5 months early, so I took the opportunity when I got it.

I'll do it too, thank you for the advice! 

1 hour ago, nycman said:

When the COVID mRNA vaccines first came out, I was a little hesitant and nervous.

Then a good buddy of mine said, "if there’s a 1 in a Million chance I get super powers….I’m in!"

Stupid geek humor, but it made me laugh and helped to calm my fears. 

It took me a year to go on PrEP but after so many friends did it and I talked to my Doctor I decided to do it. 

I wish more folks would do the math like you...

I lost my card somewhere. They wouldn't give me another (although I had a digital record), so I had to get a 4th shot to get a new card. My first 3 were Pfizer, 4th was Moderna. My deltoid was a little sore with the Pfizer shots, but I didn't feel a thing or even get a sore arm with the Moderna. 

7 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I lost my card somewhere. They wouldn't give me another (although I had a digital record), so I had to get a 4th shot to get a new card. My first 3 were Pfizer, 4th was Moderna. My deltoid was a little sore with the Pfizer shots, but I didn't feel a thing or even get a sore arm with the Moderna. 

My doctor got the Pfizer for the first three shots, but chose the Moderna for the 4th.

1 hour ago, Pensant said:

I’ll be watching how the receding omicron wave pans out. At this point, I’m triple-vaxxed and have no immediate plans or desire to get the fourth, even though I’ve had no adverse reactions. I never do with vaccines.

I'm with you on this.  I'm also triple vaxxed along with the 65+ flu shot.

I'm very pro vaccine, but I also have "too much of a good thing" concern.

15 minutes ago, sync said:

I'm very pro vaccine, but I also have "too much of a good thing" concern.

I can understand your concern as it appears to be a new thing, but in reality it's an established practice being applied to a new disease. Children receive a raft of vaccinations some having up to three shots in the course. Most of them are long lasting but boosters for some, like pertussis, are recommended in later life if you're going to be around children too young to be vaccinated. When I travelled in tropical countries cholera and typhoid vaccinations were required on a cycle (every three years IIRC) as their effectiveness was known to wane. And back in prehistoric times, regular smallpox inoculations were needed. Also, if you don't have an up-to-date tetanus vaccination, you're dicing with death. (Which reminds me, I don't.)

Long story short, the understanding of the efficacy and duration of effectiveness of vaccines develops over time. As it does, regimens for boosters or revaccination are established. I'll be paying attention to what is recommended and getting those jabs. And checking which others I hadn't been paying attention to.

I had no real reaction to #1, a mild blah next day from #2, but my docs and I are still not in agreement why the day after #3 i got my first ever photo-sensitivity(no sun) and my entire face turned beet red and peeled for days. I thought it was shingles at first (had that vaccine). With covid so low and warm weather setting in I'm holding off on #4 a few more months unless there's a new variant and surge.  

Edited by tassojunior

Is everyone here saying they got a 2nd booster in the immunocompromised category? I didn't know that anyone else could get one right now. I'm not judging anyone who got one even if they weren't, I'd definitely consider it if I thought I could in the not to distant future.

10 hours ago, inladas said:

Is everyone here saying they got a 2nd booster in the immunocompromised category? I didn't know that anyone else could get one right now. I'm not judging anyone who got one even if they weren't, I'd definitely consider it if I thought I could in the not to distant future.

Not immunocompromised myself, but am around those who are, as well as elderly.

Me healthy means they stay healthy.

when the third shot- the first booster- came out, many people lied about taking meds that compromised their immune system and it wasn't questioned. I think @Unicorn even posted that the over the counter nasal spray Flonase had an immune compromising side effect, so if you took that, you'd qualify.

Now a new study says that shots and boosters last longer than expected in keeping people from getting really sick or hospitalized. That, of course, contradicts last week's study!

Several recent studies suggest that three vaccine doses of an MRNA vaccine provides robust, long-lasting protection for most people including with COVID variants. These vaccines promote B and T immune cells to quickly recognize the virus and destroy it. 

It's absolutely true that vaccine antibodies wane, but if anything the B and T cells get more robust and better able to recognize variants over time. So while you can still get a COVID infection, your immune system responds quickly and neutralizes the virus within a few days.

I actually had a very brief illness around New Year's. I was technically "COVID positive," but it was basically a very slight fever and a like scratchy throat for a couple days and that was about it. My immune system basically took care of it. I had by far worse side effects to the booster itself.

The new boosters aren't yet geared towards Omicron anyway. I think I'm going to go with Dr. Fauci who is suggesting that we take a yearly booster just like the flu shot. There's a new nose-spray booster under development that probably would be both easier to take and offer better protection. I think I'll wait a bit to take a 4th booster myself.