Expressing a concern for Guy Fawkes/daddy

Cooper
This topic is 1133 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew!!!

And thanks @Cooper & @peterhung85!

Thanks @RyanDean, Tracking down @Guy Fawkes was a team effort. Thanks to everyone who provided valuable info to getting the address. My friend is NYPD. Fortunately, he was at work and, once @peterhung85 sent me the address, he gave me the local precinct to call.

Edited by Cooper

Not to be picky, from your saying he will be okay, I inferred that he is not okay now. Besides donations, is there anything any of us can do to help him become OK?

@purplekow, Thanks. Good question & very thoughtful. I still haven’t spoken to @Guy Fawkes only the LVPD. I think we’ll know more once Guy is back online. Continuing to send a donation is a great way of letting Guy know how much we miss him & wish him well.

Update on Guy Fawkes: When I spoke to the LVPD on Friday they found Guy on the floor. They had no idea how long he was there. Said his condition wasn’t good but he was alive & thought he’d be ok.

I continued to call Guy’s cell number everyday and it always went straight to voice mail. Since the police told me what hospital he was taken to I called & was told he’s still a patient. I left him a message.

I could use some help here. Does anyone live in Las Vegas? If so, could you send me a PM.

If I hear anything else, I’ll post it.

Cooper

Edited by Cooper

I want to commend Cooper for his diligence in tracking down Daddy and making sure he was alright. Someone lying on the floor for hours can develop kidney failure and it may turn into quite an serious issue. I believe Cooper may have saved Daddy's life.

I think we should all have someone who speaks to us each day and knows how to reach us , especially someone like Daddy with diabetes.

So if there are any others out there who can go days without speaking to anyone, please make a contact and protect yourself. There may not be a Cooper in your life that will come looking for you if you do not prepare ahead of time.

... I think we should all have someone who speaks to us each day and knows how to reach us , especially someone like Daddy with diabetes.

So if there are any others out there who can go days without speaking to anyone, please make a contact and protect yourself. There may not be a Cooper in your life that will come looking for you if you do not prepare ahead of time.

There is an app for that! Snug Safety on the Apple App store and Google Play (see snugsafe.com). The app provides a free daily check in service for people living alone. The app is simple and easy to understand, no matter how comfortable (or uncomfortable) one may be with new technology.

Once an account is set up and you add an emergency contact email address and daily check in deadline. The app will remind the user before the chosen time every day, asking you to visit the app and to “check in”. All you have to do is push the big green button. If you don’t check in by the deadline, the emergency contact gets an email.

The app is free unless you upgrade. The upgrade provides a Snug dispatcher to call your cell phone to make sure you’re ok. If you don’t answer, then the dispatcher attempts an emergency contact or they will request a wellness check from the local authorities based on your cell phone’s last know location.

There is an app for that! Snug Safety on the Apple App store and Google Play (see snugsafe.com). The app provides a free daily check in service for people living alone. The app is simple and easy to understand, no matter how comfortable (or uncomfortable) one may be with new technology.

Once an account is set up and you add an emergency contact email address and daily check in deadline. The app will remind the user before the chosen time every day, asking you to visit the app and to “check in”. All you have to do is push the big green button. If you don’t check in by the deadline, the emergency contact gets an email.

The app is free unless you upgrade. The upgrade provides a Snug dispatcher to call your cell phone to make sure you’re ok. If you don’t answer, then the dispatcher attempts an emergency contact or they will request a wellness check from the local authorities based on your cell phone’s last know location.

That is good to know. Perhaps I will suggest that to some of my patients. I have been relying on patients to make their own contact but this sounds better though doing both is probably better yet

I live in Phoenix and LV is a little far for me to travel.

I think we should all have someone who speaks to us each day and knows how to reach us , especially someone like Daddy with diabetes...

This is a great idea. Many people (including some Forum members) don't have smartphones or Apple watches, so an app won't do them any good.

Edited by Cooper

I think we should all have someone who speaks to us each day and knows how to reach us , especially someone like Daddy with diabetes.

My mom and I talk on the phone every evening (my dad sometimes joins in as well). This started about a year and a half ago, when I was going through a very rough time with a sudden onset of anxiety and other related issues, and we've just kept it up as a tradition. (When her mother was still alive, they did the same.) On nights when I can't phone, I'll email to let her know. It's always fun to talk, and it also does provide us with a way to be in easy touch in case something should happen. It's been especially nice during the pandemic to know we'll have that time to connect each day.