Expressing a concern for Guy Fawkes/daddy

Cooper
This topic is 1133 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The senior living facility where I volunteer has an interesting system in the independent living units. They have motion detectors in the units that send a signal if motion is not detected in an 18 hour period (I think that is the time frame). If someone is going to be away for a day or more, they notify the staff. This is in addition to call buttons for emergencies in the units.

They do not have these in the assisted living units as staff is in the apartments several times a day to give medication, housekeeping, meals during the pandemic but otherwise notice they did not go to the dining room or order a meal delivered, etc.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven’t spoken to Guy Fawkes/daddy but was told by the hospital no visitors as he tested positive for covid.

This certainly isn’t good news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him.

thanks for the update, @Cooper. hoping for the best results and that he gets out of this safe and sound

I still haven’t spoken to Guy Fawkes/daddy but was told by the hospital no visitors as he tested positive for covid.

I second your sentiments. This latest news about his condition is very worrisome given his risk factors.

Hope he is in good hands at the hospital.

Late to the convo on Daddy/Guy Fawkes. I feel like I've joined with a virtual group of amazing kind hearted folks here in our support for a gentleman whom I've never met, nor seen. Daddy is certainly in my thoughts and prayers for another speedy recovery. . . and gratitude to Cooper for your life saving action. Love this site and love you guys too!

Edited by LS299B

Oh no. I was wondering with his "cold," if that was the case. Fortunately, they have a lot more/better treatments these days and I am hopeful that he can get healthy again real soon.

I remember when Daddy was living in the Pacific Northwest. Hospitals in Las Vegas are also excellent, a reason for good news that my make our hearts bit less heavy.

Daddy is literally our Daddy, so I am glad @Cooper used that magic name to break through at the hospital. Daddy will enjoy @Cooper's story!

Sincere thoughts and prayers for @Guy Fawkes. It's refreshing and uplifting to see friends and acquaintances show concern, and also provide significant and meaningful aid - even from hundreds/thousands of miles away. And the added complications of Covid. I echo the hopes of a previous poster for benefits from improved treatments. Blessings.

I am not happy at all with this nurse Daddy sees. Referencing his last update on 2/19 he said both quote The Nurse Says I have a cold and I'm up for about 10 minutes at a time. How could he or she not even remotely think about saying to him you might wanna go get a covid test or seem to not think it was serious at all. Which is what I gather from that. Especially when Daddy has underlying conditions.

I saw last week's thread about the health of @Guy Fawkes, but only noticed this much more concerning one today.

I am keeping him in mind with gratitude for this "home away from home" he gives us, with hope that he is receiving the best of care and with good wishes for his recovery.

Thank you @Cooper for all your efforts, and for keeping us informed.

I am not happy at all with this nurse Daddy sees. Referencing his last update on 2/19 he said both quote The Nurse Says I have a cold and I'm up for about 10 minutes at a time. How could he or she not even remotely think about saying to him you might wanna go get a covid test or seem to not think it was serious at all. Which is what I gather from that. Especially when Daddy has underlying conditions.

From his limited descriptions of his medical issues over the past couple of years, he sure sounded like a candidate for a stint in a skilled nursing facility, but they may have been afraid to put him in one for fear he might catch it. It's also possible he knew he had COVID but was keeping that detail to himself by calling it a cold.

Also, I was under the impression (I could be wrong) he was housebound and it was a visiting nurse he saw. But then they should have called for a wellness check.

Home health care is extremely hit or miss. You get the best or the worst it seems.

Also, I was under the impression (I could be wrong) he was housebound and it was a visiting nurse he saw. But then they should have called for a wellness check.

Home health care is extremely hit or miss. You get the best or the worst it seems.

Daddy has a car, and shopped and went to the post office frequently. He had some health issues, but certainly not homebound

There is an app for that! Snug Safety on the Apple App store and Google Play (see snugsafe.com). The app provides a free daily check in service for people living alone. The app is simple and easy to understand, no matter how comfortable (or uncomfortable) one may be with new technology.

Many people (including some Forum members) don't have smartphones or Apple watches, so an app won't do them any good.

I know this is a dumb question, but since I keep my cell phone turned off unless I need to make a call or send a text (I still have a landline in my apartment), but am always on my desktop computer, can you download and use apps from one? I go a few days at a time without talking to anyone (except myself).

I know this is a dumb question, but since I keep my cell phone turned off unless I need to make a call or send a text (I still have a landline in my apartment), but am always on my desktop computer, can you download and use apps from one? I go a few days at a time without talking to anyone (except myself).

@samhexum - The Snug Safety App is designed for a cell phone. It does not currently work on a desktop or iPad. I am not aware of a desktop solution.

I would like to send another donation, but I am also curious as to whether there is anyway we can send him some kind of message at the hospital. Like some kind of get-well card? I know we cannot visit but is something like that possible? Sometimes having that encouragement can be really helpful.