Expressing a concern for Guy Fawkes/daddy

Cooper
This topic is 1133 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I would like to send another donation, but I am also curious as to whether there is anyway we can send him some kind of message at the hospital. Like some kind of get-well card? I know we cannot visit but is something like that possible? Sometimes having that encouragement can be really helpful.

I was thinking of that last night too. Even some flowers to his room to let him know we're thinking of him.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of that last night too. Even some flowers to his room to let him know we're thinking of him.

I feel the same way. Being alone in a hospital room can be depressing as hell and a surprise message of encouragement, much less flowers or a gift, can mean the world. The only problem is we don't know because of being found unconscious and with covid if he is now conscious and if so allowed flowers or gifts......ICU's usually don't allow them. But it would be nice to be able to do so when we find he's conscious and allowed flowers/gifts. It means a lot and covid treatment is much more successful now we hear.

Just wanted to throw in another word of thanks for @Cooper for his work on this.

@Cooper is our hero! Can @Cooper keep us posted on Guy's condition? If the hospital is called, you will have to say who you are (close family member) to get an update. Please keep us posted. So sorry to hear this. He does a lot to keep this forum going.

Let's just remember that that vast majority of hospitalized COVID patients are able to recover and that number keeps getting better. One recent article said that the mortality rate of hospitalized COVID patients is 3.7 percent, so more than 96 percent are recovering (and that number has improved drastically since the start of the pandemic and very well could have improved even more. There are stories of people recovering after being on a ventilator a week, 10 days, even 20 days. So let's keep those hopes and prayers going folks.

My one great idea in life was to open a business that sells artificial flowers and call it FAUXLIAGE. I never did it, but it was a great idea.

Well you can buy the URL fauxliage.com... for $5,625.00! Someone else thought it had potential!

http://domainist.com/details.php?id=7528

Still, praying that Daddy recovers and we can send real foliage once he’s out of ICU!

Edited by EVdude

Hoping daddy pulls through this. I am helping friends ' senior parents book appointments in NY and NJ as the myriad of websites are confusing and working from home, i'm more effective and have more free time to do other things. One friend kept on pushing off different locations I found for his high-risk (diabetic, obese, heart failure) 90 year old father claiming that the locations were either too far away or a megasite... the day before his scheduled appointment at a closer spot, he became incoherent and unconscious and was taken to the ER where they diagnosed him with COVID. He's pulling through and transitioned to a stepdown, but it goes to show that getting that vaccine is very important. It probably would have helped my friend's dad as he pushed his appointments more than 10 days out til he found the perfect, easiest location.

Let's just remember that that vast majority of hospitalized COVID patients are able to recover and that number keeps getting better. One recent article said that the mortality rate of hospitalized COVID patients is 3.7 percent, so more than 96 percent are recovering (and that number has improved drastically since the start of the pandemic and very well could have improved even more. There are stories of people recovering after being on a ventilator a week, 10 days, even 20 days. So let's keep those hopes and prayers going folks.

Well, overall mortality for hospitalized patients from the data in that article (Sept. 2020) is 3.7%, but that's unfortunately for all comers, not for patients on ventilators. Most admitted patients aren't on ventilators:

Covid_Line_Chart_04-768x400.jpg

My one great idea in life was to open a business that sells artificial flowers and call it FAUXLIAGE. I never did it, but it was a great idea.

Good and I’ll open up across the street. Foeliage.

daddy has been in my thoughts since I learned of his condition outside of the forum. I feel so powerless to provide aide as I’m sure we all do.

Good and I’ll open up across the street. Foeliage.

daddy has been in my thoughts since I learned of his condition outside of the forum. I feel so powerless to provide aide as I’m sure we all do.

And I can open down the block with 'Foaliage', specializing in arrangements shaped like young horses. But I know nothing about flowers - real or fake - or horses, for that matter.