Expressing a concern for Guy Fawkes/daddy

Cooper
This topic is 1133 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly can understand the interest the membership has in receiving updates on daddy’s health. Sadly, as of today, there has been no change. He’s being kept sedated as he recovers from covid.

I realize this thread has gotten very long and perhaps some of you missed my last update where I mentioned if anything changes I’ll let you know immediately.

Again, your kind words & concern for daddy are most appreciated. Hopefully, he’ll soon be able to read them.

Stay well,

Cooper

Edited by Cooper

He’s being kept sedated as he recovers from covid.

Ok, I don't know why I was thinking he was unconscious or in a comma.

So, the fact that he's not unconscious but just sedated is relatively good news, right?

I've heard of several cases where people successfully recover after being for a long time connected to a ventilator.

I am not happy at all with this nurse Daddy sees. Referencing his last update on 2/19 he said both quote The Nurse Says I have a cold and I'm up for about 10 minutes at a time....

If that really was a real nurse, and not a home health aid, the nurse's behavior is inexcusable. How could one even think of recommending anything other than getting tested?

Edited by Unicorn

My thoughts and prayers goes out to Daddy to get through this. Get well please! @Cooper - you are appreciated and I have the upmost respect for you. Thank you for all that you do and for what you have done. The outcome could have played out so much more different had it not been for you and so many key players on this awesome forum. Thank you all for your assistance.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Daddy to get through this. Get well please! @Cooper - you are appreciated and I have the utmost respect for you. Thank you for all that you do and for what you have done. The outcome could have played out so much more differently had it not been for you and so many key players on this awesome forum. Thank you all for your assistance.

Many thanks, Cooper. Your interceding into "Daddy's" situation is most commendable and quite, quite appreciated.

Latest update: Called the hospital on Sunday, 3/7. Daddy is still in ICU. His most recent covid test came back negative. One more test is required to confirm. He remains sedated and on a ventilator. An attempt to wean him off the ventilator and wake him up was unsuccessful. I’ll keep you posted if anything changes.

I’ve heard from so many members expressing a concern for daddy and thanking me for helping out. Your kind & thoughtful words are most appreciated. Please keep daddy in your thoughts and prayers.

Cooper

Latest update: Called the hospital on Sunday, 3/7. Daddy is still in ICU. His most recent covid test came back negative. One more test is required to confirm. He remains sedated and on a ventilator. An attempt to wean him off the ventilator and wake him up was unsuccessful. I’ll keep you posted if anything changes.

I’ve heard from so many members expressing a concern for daddy and thanking me for helping out. Your kind & thoughtful words are most appreciated. Please keep daddy in your thoughts and prayers.

Cooper

Thank you for all you are doing??

Cooper

Wow! I hate to hear that! Still no indications of anyone there to act as his advocate to the medical staff?

Cooper

Thank you for keeping us informed. We are pulling for Guy Fawkes!

March 10th Update. Daddy/Guy Fawkes tested negative on his 2nd covid test. Other than that everything remains the same. More attempts to wean him off the ventilator have been unsuccessful. He has not regained consciousness since entering the hospital on 2/26.

I know we are all hoping for a recovery but, from what I was told, it’s not looking good.