Merry Christmas 🎄

Vegas_Millennial

Joyeux Noël tout le monde!

I'm sitting here on Sunday evening (at about 2030 AEDT) and there's no cricket on at all. Have to wait till Boxing Day for day 1 of the second test in Melbourne (followed by two domestic short form (T20) games in the evening, so about 13 hours on the TV).

I have the ham, a chicken roast, and Christmas pudding, custard and ice cream, so I'm set. And a Marlborough sauvignon blanc ready to go. The day promises to be mild, a bit under 30°, although there could be some rain in the afternoon.

Enjoy the day, whether you're going to be with friends, family or a gentleman you're able to engage, or if you're on your own.

15 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

It's now Christmas Eve, and I want to be the first to wish my fellow forum members a Merry Christmas 🎄!

Thank you 🙏🏽 Merry Christmas to you too 🎅🏽🙌🏽🫂

GIPHY.gif

Christmas night and I've watched carols from Westminster Abbey, the usual news coverage of politicians' and religious leaders' messages, and of British tourists getting sunburnt on Bondi Beach and festive stories from around the country, vision of a white Christmas in the NSW central west (don't worry, it was a hail storm not snow although it was hard to tell) and the snippets of messages home from servicemen and women in Germany, the Golan Heights, the Gulf and the South Pacific. The predicted rain materialised as showers and a sharp storm (thunder here but no hail) followed by temporarily clear skies. And then (and this is still somewhat jarring to stay, even after a full year), the Christmas message from the King.

I hope that the day is bringing all of you everything good that you hoped for.

7 hours ago, mike carey said:

Christmas night and I've watched carols from Westminster Abbey, the usual news coverage of politicians' and religious leaders' messages, and of British tourists getting sunburnt on Bondi Beach and festive stories from around the country, vision of a white Christmas in the NSW central west (don't worry, it was a hail storm not snow although it was hard to tell) and the snippets of messages home from servicemen and women in Germany, the Golan Heights, the Gulf and the South Pacific. The predicted rain materialised as showers and a sharp storm (thunder here but no hail) followed by temporarily clear skies. And then (and this is still somewhat jarring to stay, even after a full year), the Christmas message from the King.

I hope that the day is bringing all of you everything good that you hoped for.

Happy Boxing day...and only about 10 hours now until the start of the infamous Sydney-Hobart Race! (Sailboats gents) 

It was a cloudless Christmas Eve in Palm Springs, with a full moon overhead, so I knew Santa could easily find his way to my chimney. I was awakened in the wee hours by a noise in the living room, so I went to investigate, but it was only my spouse staggering around in the dark trying to find the bathroom.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I  celebrated Christmas 1968 in an abandoned fish net factory in Vietnam.

The upside I met another soldier from the state of Washington A few years later we celebrated Christmas in West Germany and later years in Stowe, Vermont

We talked by phone yesterday 

Edited by WilliamM

33 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

I  celebrated Christmas 1068 in an abandoned fish net factory in Vietnam.

The upside I met another soldier from the state of Washington A few years later we celebrated Christmas in West Germany and later years in Stowe, Vermont

We talked by phone yesterday 

If anyone doesn't believe in Santa Clause, you're proof he exists!  Can remember 1068 like it was yesterday 😉