Real or Fake Christmas Tree?

BuffaloKyle

Do you put up a real or fake Christmas tree?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you put up a real or fake Christmas tree?

• Real
    • Fake
    • No Tree

Wondering what kind of Christmas tree you guys put up? Real or fake or no tree at all? I can't remember how long now since I switched to a fake one. It's so much easier and less messy to not deal with the needles and sap and then taking it to the curb. Plus I know there are tree farms that are specifically used for Christmas trees but to think of all the trees that get cut down to sit in someone's house for a month or two and then to get thrown out is pretty sad and upsetting. The only thing I prefer a real tree for is the smell but they sell air spray that I have that really makes it smell exactly like a real tree.

0010188.jpg

I stopped having Christmas trees years ago but they were always real ones. Grew up in a house where there were two trees each year, one in the living room where the presents would appear Christmas morning. It was always beside the fireplace so we knew that’s where Santa had come down the chimney.

The other was in the basement rec room where we usually had family gatherings, again beside a fireplace but we knew that one was not a real fireplace and not hooked up to a chimney.

For the last decade I have had a porcelain tree which sits on a table top and lights up with an interior bulb that lights many little coloured lights. Very pretty and no fuss.

I've downsized lately to mail order small live trees pre/decorated  that I then plant them after Christmas. For example Harry & David (confession I bought both of these this year). Oh, and a couple fresh evergreen wreaths from home depot or Christmas tree lot and the fragrance benefit is covered.

IMG_1136.webp

IMG_1137.webp

We haven't had a Christmas tree for years.  This year we got a small tabletop tree at Whole Foods for a party for our niece's little daughter - not quit 2 yo.  I fixed piles of tea sandwiches = and there were 8 of us there.  It was really a lot of fun. The little girl's mom miscalculated on the girl's party dress - It was a red thing that looked positively whorish. - The photos are funny -a pretty little blonde girl in A BRIGHT RED  party dress.

7 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

Plus I know there are tree farms that are specifically used for Christmas trees but to think of all the trees that get cut down to sit in someone's house for a month or two and then to get thrown out is pretty sad and upsetting.

Those fresh Christmas trees capture carbon while they're growing, and then are turned into mulch for parks and gardening when recycled.

Unfortunately plastic trees contribute nothing to the environment; only waste and carbon.

Didn't mean to be the Grinch.  I just want people to not feel guilty to have a real Christmas tree 🎄 each year.

On 12/15/2023 at 10:56 PM, pubic_assistance said:

Always a real tree.

Plus additional branches of spruce, juniper and cypress decorating the fireplaces table tops and in baskets.

20231214_120126.jpg

Classy, elegant and beautiful 🤩 🙌🏽👌🏽

On 12/24/2023 at 7:18 PM, myophile said:

Always a real tree. Tabletop size in recent years, now that we no longer throw a big holiday party, but still, in honor of my German and Dutch ancestors, just as overstuffed with ornaments as space allows — and then some!

IMG_9476.jpeg

Wow! I have a similar rug in my kitchen.

IMG_6197.jpeg

Edited by Pensant

14 minutes ago, BOZO T CLOWN said:

No Christmas tree under Bozo's Big Top.
Just a fake Chanukah bush

I tell all my non-Christian friends that the tree is really an ancient Pagan tradition that got co-opted by the Christians.so feel free to add whatever decorations from whatever faith you observe. (or don't). One of my best friends is Indian and Buddhist so always does a beautiful tree with decorative elephants, vishnu and buddahs. It's gorgeous. Make the holiday your own.

Edited by pubic_assistance
spelling