Neck chains

ICTJOCK

So I was curious,   I've been seeing a number of photos men with neck chains again.   Some are "dog tags"  associated with the military,  others of religious focus or some nothing at all.   Gold chains and a number of others.   If you wear one,  what is it and why?

I do wear one,  A St. Christopher's tag that my mother gave me .   I'm almost never without it.

For reasons I've never quite figured out, I find it hot if a man is leaning or bending over me with a neck chain hanging down loosely. Maybe it's the "leaning or bending over me" that's the key. ☺️ I like the look of chains on men with darker or golden skin tones. I started listing examples & realized it's anyone except other white guys lol.  Sorry to resort to a cliche look, but an Italian with a chain & a bit of chest hair revs my engine.

I had one way back when, given to me by my then boyfriend. He liked jewelry of all kinds. I slept with it on and started having dreams of getting strangled. I have no clue how I lost it. I've never been able to get used to them or any kind of jewelry for that matter. Personally, they don't add anything to the sexiness. Not my thing, don't even notice them. I do know some who love, love, love them.

36 minutes ago, José Soplanucas said:

I love pearls.

🙋🏻‍♂️Me too 👯‍♂️ 😜 I've worn 1 single Tahitian black pearl for years, in fact I wear two tiny Tahitian black pearls,  one in each ear as well. 
Back to the neck chains, my pearl is on a gold chain that I really don't take off that often. 

I'm not much into them. But I don't like jewelry in general. I don't wear any rings, back before cell phones I was probably at least 25 before I routinely wore a watch, and I'm currently "unpierced" and stud free.

When I was a youngster  (I'm talking really young-or at least starting young-maybe at the age of 5 or 6), I'd take notice of handsome men. And for some reason, I didn't like watches. I'd think to myself something to the effect that -that guy would be handsome if he weren't wearing a watch.

Now I did for a short period of time in adolescence wear a mezuzah on a chain. It was probably somewhere around the time of my bar mitzvah when I was in 7th grade. But I had to take P.E. two to three days a week in school. We didn't have lockers for our clothes. We had metal baskets that could be locked.  It seems to me I lost 2 different chains thru the holes in the basket. And that was probably the last time I really wore a chain. 

And even today I'm not that fond of pictures of guys with watches. I look at Rentmen ads and often think how unattractive I think those  watches are-esp those guys wearing watches with overly large bands or that are plastic looking and brightly colored. I also dislike the look of Iwatches. While I've worn watches in the past, mine have usually been unobtrusive black plastic models. And occasionally I've even worn pocket watches. 

Edited by Gar1eth
More info

22 minutes ago, Gar1eth said:

I don't like jewelry in general. I don't wear any rings, back before cell phones I was probably at least 25 before I routinely wore a watch, and I'm currently "unpierced" and stud free.

I agree.

I always find jewelry on men to be unappealing and signaling a lack of the very "chic" many are trying to portray.

It's late/or rather early. I haven't been to sleep yet, so I'm not functioning on all cylinders-come to think of it. I probably never am. But I just remembered, and need to add to my above response. During my 1st year or 2 of being diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, I did wear a medical alert object. Not liking jewelry I didn't want to wear a wrist bracelet, so I bought a neck chain. I gradually stopped wearing it -I think I misplaced it at some point. In general I'm much less symptomatic than I was.  

But thinking about the fact that I'm probably at least mildly  immune suppressed from chronic steroids, there are medicines I shouldn't be given, and the fact that if I had a major attack of diaphragm paralysis, physicians might not consider MG because it's relatively rare,  I'm considering about reactivating my Medical Alert Membership and buying a new chain. 

Gman

3 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

I agree.

I always find jewelry on men to be unappealing and signaling a lack of the very "chic" many are trying to portray.

Beyond the St. Christopher's metal (from my mother),  not really into anything other than watches or a tie tack.   I used to wear one ring that my mother made, but I had to have it cut off my finger as I was a kid when she made  it.   I haven't had a ring since.    No kinds of piercings  

3 hours ago, dbar123 said:

Subtle watches that are proportional in size look great. Guys who wear large clunky ones look a little weird. I have a thing for the vintage square case watches

There's nothing subtle about most new watches these days.  Guys are wearing tanks on their wrists and unless you're also a big guy, they look ridiculous.

My favorite watches that I own are vintage.  70s-80s models.  A pain in the ass to service, but exactly the look I want.  Streamlined and classic.

I have one larger watch, an impulse purchase, which I almost never wear.  It's just chunky as hell and it's like a lead weight when wearing it.

19 hours ago, Gar1eth said:

And even today I'm not that fond of pictures of guys with watches. I look at Rentmen ads and often think how unattractive I think those  watches are-esp those guys wearing watches with overly large bands or that are plastic looking and brightly colored.  

There are at least a couple of RM ads that show the provider wearing a watch on, ahem... a different body part.  Not a wrist in sight.

On 9/17/2023 at 10:40 PM, CuriousByNature said:

There are at least a couple of RM ads that show the provider wearing a watch on, ahem... a different body part.  Not a wrist in sight.

@Gar1eth, I was also confused when I saw the photos.  Who'd want to have to undo their pants all the time to check what time it is?  LOL

• 2 months later...

I have no jewellery whatsoever. No rings, no chains, no watches, no ear rings, nose studs or PA. Since I carried a phone I’ve never seen the point of having a watch, unless it’s some kind of health device to measure physical performance. 

I used to have a gold chain with a gold cross. I’m not religious so I don’t know why I had the cross but it looked nice so I wore it on the chain.

Many years ago I was at a sauna (yes, that kind of sauna). At that time I was very inexperienced (honest!) but on this occasion I hooked up with a very attractive older guy who shall we say introduced me to bottoming. Up to then I was always 100% top.

Anyhow, this session with the guy happened in a fairly dark cabin. Normally I prefer to see (and be seen ha ha) but he was insistent we shut the door. I won’t describe the sex because that’s not the point but suffice to say I got introduced to taking it.

After he had left I spent some minutes alone in the cabin. At this point I realised I no longer had the chain with the cross on. I felt around in the gloom in case it had fallen off but I didn’t find it. So I opened the door to let more light in: still couldn’t see any chain or cross. 

Outside I couldn’t find my suitor either. I assume that either I’d lost the chain before going in the cabin with him or he took more from me in that session than I had bargained for.