Neck chains

ICTJOCK

On 9/13/2023 at 1:16 PM, ICTJOCK said:

So I was curious,   I've been seeing a number of photos men with neck chains again.   Some are "dog tags"  associated with the military,  others of religious focus or some nothing at all.   Gold chains and a number of others.   If you wear one,  what is it and why?

I do wear one,  A St. Christopher's tag that my mother gave me .   I'm almost never without it.

I love chains - they are just inherently sexy. I have been intending to buy a gold chain but haven't yet.  I do wear gold hoop earrings and I want a 5 mm cuban chain to go with it. 

Edited by Rudynate

On 9/16/2023 at 11:04 AM, Vin_Marco said:

🙋🏻‍♂️Me too 👯‍♂️ 😜 I've worn 1 single Tahitian black pearl for years, in fact I wear two tiny Tahitian black pearls,  one in each ear as well. 
Back to the neck chains, my pearl is on a gold chain that I really don't take off that often. 

so understated - totally hot.

On 9/17/2023 at 12:38 PM, BenjaminNicholas said:

There's nothing subtle about most new watches these days.  Guys are wearing tanks on their wrists and unless you're also a big guy, they look ridiculous.

My favorite watches that I own are vintage.  70s-80s models.  A pain in the ass to service, but exactly the look I want.  Streamlined and classic.

I have one larger watch, an impulse purchase, which I almost never wear.  It's just chunky as hell and it's like a lead weight when wearing it.

I have just started to get interested in vintage watches.  My investment advisor says they can be excellent wealth builders.  My father wore one of those rectangular Hamilton watches - it had a gold case and an alligator strap. My mother gave it to him as a wedding present.  I can get one of those in mint condition for about $3k.  

On 9/17/2023 at 4:10 AM, Gar1eth said:

It's late/or rather early. I haven't been to sleep yet, so I'm not functioning on all cylinders-come to think of it. I probably never am. But I just remembered, and need to add to my above response. During my 1st year or 2 of being diagnosed with myasthenia gravis, I did wear a medical alert object. Not liking jewelry I didn't want to wear a wrist bracelet, so I bought a neck chain. I gradually stopped wearing it -I think I misplaced it at some point. In general I'm much less symptomatic than I was.  

But thinking about the fact that I'm probably at least mildly  immune suppressed from chronic steroids, there are medicines I shouldn't be given, and the fact that if I had a major attack of diaphragm paralysis, physicians might not consider MG because it's relatively rare,  I'm considering about reactivating my Medical Alert Membership and buying a new chain. 

Gman

When I first went on a blood thinner, I had a Medicalert chain, but after a couple of years it began to seem unnecessary, so I stopped using it. 

1 hour ago, rustyrex said:

To do a proper flex on the guys….you gotta put on the whole jewelry box.  Make sure you have Aunt Ekla’s broach on for good luck!!!

image.png

I think Queen Mary did it better, but maybe the tiara helps.  Not to mention the armband, which I at first thought said, 'Penis'.

image.thumb.png.44c38026375be21a503ed53f1156df77.png 

Edited by CuriousByNature