21st Annual Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver

as usual, I'll be offering various very casual morning outings this year......look over my thoughts below and, if even vaguely interested, contact me here in the forum via the message system......I plan to be in the Coachella valley area from late Wednesday the 10th to early Wednesday the 17th and will think of something for most of those mornings, scheduling, of course, around standing forum weekend events.......I can pick up and drop off anybody in the central Palm Springs area until my vehicle is full!......

Sunnylands Center And Gardens - this is a free, non-reservation area of the sprawling Walter Annenberg estate......longer for-fee tours of the estate and house are also available, but I won't be doing that.....  https://sunnylands.org/visit-the-gardens/

Whitewater Preserve -  last year, heavy runoff from the Mt. San Gorgonio area (southern California's highest mountain) prevented us from hiking much here....this year, we'll try again for a very bright and sunny out-and-back stroll on the world-famous Pacific Crest Trail (very gradual incline) and spend some time in the preserve area itself, remarkably cooler than down in the Palm Springs area.... https://wildlandsconservancy.org/preserves/whitewater    

Indian Canyons - on the lands of the Agua Caliente band of the Cahuilla Indians, this very popular close-in area includes easy-moderate hikes to rare stands of native palms and waterfalls along running creeks in rugged desert canyons....may try for an easy ranger-led hike if our scheduling allows....$12 or $7 for seniors (62).....  https://www.indian-canyons.com/indian_canyons 

other suggestions welcome!.....

image.thumb.jpeg.fc873256e26c2a07b0c7f795b9fd1d6b.jpeg

image.jpeg.e81ccdf138609267eb0e02435d3b4c45.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.03074a728ec4d09f9eb650a329cc5b21.jpeg

Edited by azdr0710

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, there's also a Farmer's Market in Palm Springs on Saturday (I discovered it last year):

CERTIFIEDFARMERSMARKETS.ORG

Fresh and locally grown fruits, vegetables, flowers, meat and more. All our farmers and vendors are certified so you can trust that the produce is organic and grown in an...

They had an awesome juice stand and a stand that sold pretty good tamales and a bakery stand too. Plus, fresh fruits and stuff we could get for later back at your hotel room.

I have sent an email this evening to each of you who has told me of your interest or that you will be attending, with detailed information on what to do next (check SPAM just to be sure). If you do not receive that message, please let me know immediately so that we can proceed.

• 3 weeks later...