21st Annual Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver

13 minutes ago, purplekow said:

The subtle slow seduction to get Danny to the Sunday pool party has taken several years and ultimately a public invitation with a signed contractual agreement.   He was just not ready to jump in the pool rather he was urged in one toe at a time.  

Too funny Doc. Can't wait to be with you in December on the east coast then again in April at the forum gathering, dinner,breakfast at Rick's then the pool party on Sunday. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, nycman said:

Oh, crap! Last year, I think I accidentally "partied".

I didn’t know I was supposed to "eventing". 

Next year I’ll bring my "formal" swimsuit to the "Event"

grin

Will you be attending this coming "event" ? 🤞🏽

8 minutes ago, nycman said:

It’s certainly on my calendar and I’m booked into La Hacienda for the duration. So unless something unexpected happens, I will be there!

And yes, @azdr0710 I’ve been dieting/training for the hikes!

Excellent 🙌🏽🙏🏽

On 9/24/2023 at 5:41 PM, azdr0710 said:

I slept on the sofa at a room at the Hacienda one night.......really nice place.......(my forum weekend roommate needed me out of our room for a night and another helpful forum member came to my rescue......just like back in college!)

8lEDEpWaRvObP2qzhw5G_268bdc58511eff9fde0

Looking forward to seeing you,  with or without socks,  Scott!   haha

• 3 weeks later...

May I ask how

Descanso 

Twin Palms

and Santiago resorts compare?

I see the pricing on their Websites and they have some kind of relationship.  Same owner?

What I'd be interested in hearing is any pluses and minuses for each and your recommendation.

Santiago is the oldest? They brand themselves as a luxury resort.

I realize rooms may not be available in some cases.  But I'd still like to know your opinion for these resorts.

Thank you!

13 hours ago, TonyDown said:

May I ask how

Descanso 

Twin Palms

I see the pricing on their Websites and they have some kind of relationship.  Same owner?

What I'd be interested in hearing is any pluses and minuses for each and your recommendation.

I realize rooms may not be available in some cases.  But I'd still like to know your opinion for these resorts.

Thank you!

Yes, these three resorts all have the same ownership.  Santiago was the first location.  I don't know if it is the oldest, as the other two were renovations of other places they acquired and converted.  I've visited Santiago and Descanso, but not stayed at either.  Both are nice and friends have given both of them nice reviews.   

16 hours ago, TonyDown said:

May I ask how

Descanso 

Twin Palms

Thank you!

I've stayed at both Santiago and Descanso. As @sam.fitzpatrick mentioned, they are under the same ownership, as is Twin Palms. I was thinking of trying out Twin Palms this year just to do the full trifecta, but decided on InnDulge.

Santiago and Descanso have comparably good service and quality. Staff are very friendly and helpful, and the properties are well maintained. If I recall Santiago is a bit more lushly landscaped. Santiago is a larger resort, and with that comes a more expansive social scene. Descanso has a more intimate scale. Both have pools and hot tubs so you're not missing anything at one versus the other. Sometimes it just comes down to availability, which one has rooms. I can't speak for Twin Palms since I've never been there, but you can't go wrong with either Santiago or Descanso and I expect Twin Palms would be good as well.

On 11/22/2023 at 8:22 PM, TonyDown said:

May I ask how

Descanso 

Twin Palms

Thank you!

I stayed at the Descanso several years ago (2015/2016) when it was East Canyon Resort.  The small classic inn was built in 1946 so it will have fairly large rooms but small baths.  Some of the rooms are 400 - 500 sq ft.  I believe it was sold in 2020 to the owners of Santiago who did an extensive restoration.  As I recall, it was a nice place back when I stayed there.  My only negative is perhaps the location gets substantially more wind than the Inns in the Warm Sands area (southern part of town). A positive note, is the location is close to downtown Palm Springs.  The pool and hot tub areas are nice and well kept.

I've encouraged some people that I've been seeing since my early days and that I still see to both join the forum and to come to the forum gathering this year.  I think they'd enjoy meeting people and I wouldn't invite them if I didn't think the world of them.  It's an unusual event ( even for me to say so lol 😂 ) and a very unique event that I've come to enjoy very much.  Friendly, hospitable people with  commonalities.  See y'all in April ✌🏽 If you're on the fence about coming, allow me to push you over and enjoy some pretty good people and a fun weekend 😊

Edited by Vin_Marco

16 hours ago, Vin_Marco said:

I've encouraged some people that I've been seeing since my early days and that I still see to both join the forum and to come to the forum gathering this year.  I think they'd enjoy meeting people and I wouldn't invite them if I didn't think the world of them.  It's an unusual event ( even for me to say so lol 😂 ) and a very unique event that I've come to enjoy very much.  Friendly, hospitable people with  commonalities.  See y'all in April ✌🏽 If you're on the fence about coming, allow me to push you over and enjoy some pretty good people and a fun weekend 😊

Unfortunately, most of the resorts are already booked and the room rates are astronomical. That said, I may be able to attend, but I’ll probably be relegated to a Marriott property.