How do you handle potential clients who engage in endless texting?

Go to solution Solved by Shawn Monroe,

On 9/13/2023 at 1:00 AM, RandyVue said:

What on earth are you sending 20-25 text messages about? I do not believe for a second that you are sending a provider 20-25 messages to book an appointment. There’s no way! I would be embarrassed and I’d feel like a nuisance doing that. It reminds me of that movie Swingers where he calls the girl that he likes and leaves her like 12 messages for something he could’ve easily said in the first one…..and she tells him never to call again.

On a first meeting with no phone call? Yes sir it takes some texts:

1. Hello. Is this John Doe? I got your number off your online advertisement. [I do not launch into anything until I confirm I've got the right number and right person]

reply / if he affirms I have the right number ...

3. Oh good. Glad it's you. Hope you're doing well today. Great ad and pics. Can you share with me your in and out rates? 

reply / if the rates are within my range ...

5. Thank you. I can swing that rate of $ ______.  My schedule is free tonight after 7. Would you happen to be free? I know it's short notice, but just in case ...

reply / he says he's not free tonight but is tomorrow night.

7. Oh, that will work, too. I prefer to host but I can also travel. I see you're visiting. What general area are you located in? I'm downtown.

reply / says where he's located and says he can travel.

9. Oh good! You're staying just a couple of miles from me. I am located across the street from  _______ (well-known landmark) if you're familiar with that.

reply / says he is

11. Are you cool with receiving oral and topping? And a one-hour session? That's generally what I do first meeting. (I try to keep the sexual down to a bare minimum but I at least want to establish this much if we're not going to talk on the phone. Ads don't always reflect accurate expectations.)

reply / Says yes, loves both. One hour good.

13. Great. Here's my exact address. ______________. I'll need to come down to let you into the building. 

reply / He asks about parking

15 and 16. I reply with parking details, which are complicated where I live, so two texts on that. If I expect a bad parking situation, I may generally propose Uber and offer to pay for it.

reply / confirming he's got parking details and how to get to door of apartment building.

18.  "Wonderful. I'll see you at 7 tomorrow night at ___________. I'll check in tomorrow afternoon to reconfirm appt."

reply / thanks me.

NEXT DAY SIX HOURS AHEAD OF APPT.

20. Hey. It's _______ from yesterday. Just wanted you to know I'm still on for meeting at 7 tonight at __________ (my address). I have condoms and lube but feel free to bring your own if you prefer. Are you OK with poppers being here?

reply / He's still on too and OK with poppers.

22. Please let me know when you're on your way and then just before you arrive so I can go down to let you in.

reply / OK

20 MINUTES BEFORE APPOINTMENT

23. "Hey. OTW." 

24. Great. When you're close, let me know again. I'll be standing in front of the door in a blue T-shirt, gray shorts and I have short gray hair.

25. Got it.

30 MINUTES LATER, BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE ALMOST ALWAYS LATE OR GET LOST.

26. Five minutes out.

27. Great. I'll be down to meet you.

ON SIDEWALK

28. Hey ... I see you.

And then I see guy approaching me half a block away.

29. That's me. 

And I walk up to greet him. And thus ends the texting.

That took almost 30 texts between us and that was each exchange moving the conversation forward with no hiccups. I see nothing unreasonable about this at all. A lot of that could be bypassed in a phone call. But if someone wants to meet me for the first time at my inner city apartment building, this is almost the MINIMUM number of texts it takes to establish that I:

A) Have right number and person
B) Learn the rates and can pay them
C) Establish time to meet
D) Establish where to meet
E) Get/give details on how to get there or him coming here
F) A very brief exchange on what to expect (ads don't always cover it all)
G) Supplies and poppers situation
H) Confirmations

Every single one of those items are important to a successful meet up. And you must first establish some points before getting to others. I'm not giving out my address and parking intel before I confirm rates, time and place. 

Now after the first meeting, you can eliminate at least half of those. If someone finds all that too much, that someone can pick up the phone and talk or find a less reliable, less detailed client. Skipping any information above for the sake of text brevity is what leads to all the posts on here about complaining about people being lost, being really late, sending bad directions, misunderstandings about payments, misunderstandings about offerings and expectations.

I'd rather err on the side of over communicating than under communicating. If a first-time provider doesn't want to establish some of these things on a phone call (which I vastly prefer as it takes so much less time and establishes chemistry) and finds that many texts too tedious, then we wouldn't have been a good match.

Tell me, how would you connect for the first time on text with a new provider who won't take phone calls and condense that necessary information down to fewer texts? Which points of information would you leave out?

Edited by Decatur Guy

On 9/12/2023 at 9:54 PM, RandyVue said:

activities and hobbies that they are passionate about, spending time with their friends or family members, working out to stay in shape, working on their goals, etc.

Bravo 🙌🏽 Making the best use of the one commodity no one gets back.... TIME. You said it perfectly! The goal is never take what you said for granted. I still pinch myself daily. Grateful is a pretty sweet place to live 🙏🏽🥰

On 9/12/2023 at 4:37 PM, The Dude said:

What is considered “endless texting?”  I hate it when I have to text multiple times for the most basic of information.  If providers don’t like all the back-and-forth, tell me right away your general location, your rates, etc.  You know I’m going to ask anyway.

AMEN!

3 hours ago, Decatur Guy said:

1. Hello. Is this John Doe? I got your number off your online advertisement. [I do not launch into anything until I confirm I've got the right number and right person]

3. Oh good. Glad it's you. Hope you're doing well today. Great ad and pics. Can you share with me your in and out rates? 

5. Thank you. I can swing that rate of $ ______.  My schedule is free tonight after 7. Would you happen to be free? I know it's short notice, but just in case ...

7. Oh, that will work, too. I prefer to host but I can also travel. I see you're visiting. What general area are you located in? I'm downtown.

9. Oh good! You're staying just a couple of miles from me. I am located across the street from  _______ (well-known landmark) if you're familiar with that.

reply / says he is

11. Are you cool with receiving oral and topping? And a one-hour session? That's generally what I do first meeting. (I try to keep the sexual down to a bare minimum but I at least want to establish this much if we're not going to talk on the phone. Ads don't always reflect accurate expectations.)

13. Great. Here's my exact address. ______________. I'll need to come down to let you into the building. 

15 and 16. I reply with parking details, which are complicated where I live, so two texts on that. If I expect a bad parking situation, I may generally propose Uber and offer to pay for it.

reply / confirming he's got parking details and how to get to door of apartment building.

18.  "Wonderful. I'll see you at 7 tomorrow night at ___________. I'll check in tomorrow afternoon to reconfirm appt."

reply / thanks me.

20. Hey. It's _______ from yesterday. Just wanted you to know I'm still on for meeting at 7 tonight at __________ (my address). I have condoms and lube but feel free to bring your own if you prefer. Are you OK with poppers being here?

22. Please let me know when you're on your way and then just before you arrive so I can go down to let you in.

reply / OK

23. "Hey. OTW." 

24. Great. When you're close, let me know again. I'll be standing in front of the door in a blue T-shirt, gray shorts and I have short gray hair.

25. Got it.

26. Five minutes out.

ON SIDEWALK

28. Hey ... I see you.

29. That's me. 

That took almost 30 texts between us and that was each exchange moving the conversation forward with no hiccups. I see nothing unreasonable about this at all. A lot of that could be bypassed in a phone call. But if someone wants to meet me for the first time at my inner city apartment building, this is almost the MINIMUM number of texts it takes to establish that I:

H) Confirmations

Every single one of those items are important to a successful meet up. And you must first establish some points before getting to others. I'm not giving out my address and parking intel before I confirm rates, time and place. 

Now after the first meeting, you can eliminate at least half of those. If someone finds all that too much, that someone can pick up the phone and talk or find a less reliable, less detailed client. Skipping any information above for the sake of text brevity is what leads to all the posts on here about complaining about people being lost, being really late, sending bad directions, misunderstandings about payments, misunderstandings about offerings and expectations.

I'd rather err on the side of over communicating than under communicating. If a first-time provider doesn't want to establish some of these things on a phone call (which I vastly prefer as it takes so much less time and establishes chemistry) and finds that many texts too tedious, then we wouldn't have been a good match.

Tell me, how would you connect for the first time on text with a new provider who won't take phone calls and condense that necessary information down to fewer texts? Which points of information would you leave out?

Did you hack my iPhone and read my texts? 😂 Your scenario is very very close to how my own experience setting up meets via text plays out.
That said not everyone is comfortable setting up appointments via text. It's not an issue for me, I'm pretty flexible...including a recent meet setup 100% on Snapchat.

I hire for BFE sessions that usually go a few days. I like to know a bit about the guy before we meet (beyond the RM generic ad info) before spending days with a guy. I also (delusionally) think a guy could pick up on some things about me before we actually meet. Texting works well for that. To me, for a BFE, getting to know each other a little is part of the prep for the meetup. I don’t want to pay a guy to sit for 30 minutes while I prep in the shower for a 1-hr session. I don’t want to spend 16 hrs out out of 48 getting to know each other. 

3 hours ago, MikeBiDude said:

Did you hack my iPhone and read my texts? 😂 Your scenario is very very close to how my own experience setting up meets via text plays out.
That said not everyone is comfortable setting up appointments via text. It's not an issue for me, I'm pretty flexible...including a recent meet setup 100% on Snapchat.

LOL. I'd imagine that's a typical scenario for most of us in an all-text exchange with a first-time provider.

I'd prefer a phone call the first time. But a lot of younger people especially don't like to talk on the phone in any circumstance. To me, it's a great way to settle most of the details. And then I'll always text the address and parking details. But if a provider doesn't want to ever speak, then I don't know how to avoid the scenario above. Everything in there is something you need to know before meeting.

I don't understand how the folks who categorize that as "endless texting" ever manage to meet with anyone. 

52 minutes ago, DrownedBoy said:

This is why regulars are such a treasure.

I text, ask if they want to come over at X o'clock, and if they agree, it's done.

He already knows my address and what I'm into. I already know his rates and what he's best at.

I prefer regulars as well. Not only for ease of communication but also for enhanced experience. However there's a certain amount of texting that even regulars have to do: establishment of time. And I find even my regulars need address reminders in a large city.

I don't mind texting a bit back and forth with new connections, it can be kind of fun and hot. That said, experience has taught me that people who are serious about booking don't tend to belabor the exchange though - they want to ask any basics not covered in the ad and zero in on a time, bada bing bada boom.

First time clients sometimes need to bat around the idea of meeting up a bit more vis a vis some horny texting, pic exchange, maybe a 5 minute call. There are also regular clients who like to check in here and there and maybe share a recent horny story or fantasy. I have one or two guys who text me almost everyday, and I try to keep up because I'm fond of them and want to meet again when I'm in their town.

Overall, I find it  hard to keep up with the expected pace of messages. People (not just clients) treat texts like a customer service chat! I've had a few people get pissed if I take even 5 minutes to respond, or hit me with the classic:

him: <insert random horny banter here>

[3 mins go by]...

him: ??? 

[2 mins]

him: guess you're not interested...

Maybe it's my ADHD but I often feel way out of sync with texting culture. I've always treated texts more like emails than phone calls — I'll respond when I can. That doesn't cut it anymore though...

Yes, I understand the expectation of a quick response with clients/inquiries, especially if I'm signalling that I'm online and available. So i try to be quick in my responses. But regulars, guys on hookup apps, even friends (especially younger friends) seem to expect an immediate response to every message (even inane ones) without regard to what else I may have on the go.

Am I really supposed to write back immediately to some horny guy 35 miles away who texts me at 8:06am to say, "nice ass, how much" Am I supposed to tell present company to take his dick out my mouth cuz I "gotta do a phone thing real quick" every time I buzz? If I'm literally driving across the city to see you at this very moment, am I rude for ignoring five horny texts about all the things you want to do?

On 9/3/2023 at 2:35 AM, NyGold said:

Maybe I’m naive … but what texting (sexting ) happens other than discussing rates, schedules prior to a paid meet?

Even outside the guy-4-hire industry, "sexting" is a nuisance. I have this one guy who hits me up at least once a year for the last 20 years on the hook up sites. Always the same routine ( and the same profie photos) Wants to see my dick and tell him what dirty things I want to do to him. Some people just enjoy jerking off at home with never any intention of meeting.

On 9/14/2023 at 9:38 AM, Decatur Guy said:

reply / says he is

reply / thanks me.

reply / OK

23. "Hey. OTW." 

25. Got it.

26. Five minutes out.

ON SIDEWALK

28. Hey ... I see you.

29. That's me. 

H) Confirmations

Thank you for your contribution!

Unfortunately most texting interactions are not as clear and on subject as this one, and many times guys who text are shipping around.

On 9/14/2023 at 6:38 AM, Decatur Guy said:

reply / says he is

reply / thanks me.

reply / OK

23. "Hey. OTW." 

25. Got it.

26. Five minutes out.

ON SIDEWALK

28. Hey ... I see you.

29. That's me. 

H) Confirmations

To arrange a first meeting:

1. Hello, my name is ______.   I am in ____ city and saw your ad.  I would be interested in a 2 hour session tomorrow anytime between 3pm and 8pm.  I can host near ______ or travel to you.  What is your rate for a 2 hour session?

(I use "session" and do not mention massage or escort until they reply, to make sure I have the right person)

reply / if he affirms I have the right number

... But he says he's can't accommodate my schedule.

3. Thank you for the quick response.  I'll keep you in mind for when I'm back in _____ city.

...or his rate is too high

3.  Thank you for the quick response.  Unfortunately that price is above my budget at the moment.  I am sure you're worth it.  I'll save up more and reach out to you on my next trip.

...or if his rate is fine and he's available

3.  Thank you for the quick response.  That sounds good.  $$$ for 2 hours.  What time works best tomorrow?  How about 6pm?

(He'll reply to confirm)

5.  Great.  I can host at ______ hotel near _____.   Or, I can travel to you.  What are your cross streets?  I'll text again tomorrow morning to confirm, and for the address.

(He replies with location)

7.  Perfect.  A little about me: I enjoy starting with massage, but I really enjoy being rimmed and fucked without a condom.  I'll text you again tomorrow morning to confirm we're still on for 6pm.

(He replies with how eager he is for my hole)

Morning of:

9.  Hi this is ____.  Just confirming we're still on for today at 6pm.  I'll need the address.

(He replies we're still on, and with address)

When I am getting close...

11.  On my way, should be there at 6pm.

12.  Here

I cut my amount of texts by 2/3, just by removing most pleasantries (Nice day, nice part of town, you're very handsome) and combining rate and timeframe questions into one text.  And, we confirmed availability and rate within the first 3 messages.

Edited by Vegas_Millennial

On 9/14/2023 at 6:38 AM, Decatur Guy said:

I understood the problem to mean endless texts before setting up an appointment. Obviously, F/U texts such as confirming the appointment, parking details, and so on, are probably not what bothers the escorts. 

On 9/21/2023 at 6:38 PM, Vegas_Millennial said:

To arrange a first meeting:

1. Hello, my name is ______.   I am in ____ city and saw your ad.  I would be interested in a 2 hour session tomorrow anytime between 3pm and 8pm.  I can host near ______ or travel to you.  What is your rate for a 2 hour session?

(I use "session" and do not mention massage or escort until they reply, to make sure I have the right person)

reply / if he affirms I have the right number

... But he says he's can't accommodate my schedule.

3. Thank you for the quick response.  I'll keep you in mind for when I'm back in _____ city.

...or his rate is too high

3.  Thank you for the quick response.  Unfortunately that price is above my budget at the moment.  I am sure you're worth it.  I'll save up more and reach out to you on my next trip.

...or if his rate is fine and he's available

3.  Thank you for the quick response.  That sounds good.  $$$ for 2 hours.  What time works best tomorrow?  How about 6pm?

(He'll reply to confirm)

5.  Great.  I can host at ______ hotel near _____.   Or, I can travel to you.  What are your cross streets?  I'll text again tomorrow morning to confirm, and for the address.

(He replies with location)

7.  Perfect.  A little about me: I enjoy starting with massage, but I really enjoy being rimmed and fucked without a condom.  I'll text you again tomorrow morning to confirm we're still on for 6pm.

(He replies with how eager he is for my hole)

Morning of:

9.  Hi this is ____.  Just confirming we're still on for today at 6pm.  I'll need the address.

(He replies we're still on, and with address)

When I am getting close...

11.  On my way, should be there at 6pm.

12.  Here

I cut my amount of texts by 2/3, just by removing most pleasantries (Nice day, nice part of town, you're very handsome) and combining rate and timeframe questions into one text.  And, we confirmed availability and rate within the first 3 messages.

This all sounds good: but the problem is when guys try to do a same day appointment. Then they want to try and get a time much sooner or later than what they have verified that the escort can offer.

Just like today, the client was  trying to bum rush me for a time, but he wasn’t even scheduled. He should have confirmed that request last night, not just trying to hurry me into meeting in the middle of the afternoon. He has not bothered to be of least concern as to what my plans were, it was just him being selfish and ignorant and trying to force me to meet him on his time. 

That’s why a lot of times things don’t go as easy as that. And then other times they don’t respond, start playing all kind of games and the appointment can never get organized.

I rarely have escorts text in such articulate ways as is being shown here. Nor do I get many who actually provide complete information to questions ask as shown here.

My experience has been that if you ask more than one question at a time, you get short answer to one of them, either the first or the last. And often communicating happens with emojis…

I had it happen to me yesterday actually…about November and flights.